UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gracie: Family name gives me more power

7/5/13 8:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Carrying the Gracie can be a burden as there is an inherent expectation for you to win and represent the name which is legendardy in the sport of mixed martial arts. Roger Gracie knows all too well what it means to carry the Gracie name, but to him it is empowering more s than a burden:

"That talk starts when you're very young, and it never stops," Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) told MMAjunkie.com. "I've been dealing with that pressure since I was born. Every single time I fought in my whole life, I always had to deal with that pressure, the fact that I have a Gracie last name."

"Since it was a member of my family who created the UFC, it means a lot to fight there," Gracie said. "We already have a big history in fighting, so there's a bigger expectation when a Gracie fights in the UFC.

"I think it gives me more power, having the Gracie name."

read entire article...

7/5/13 8:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol ok Gomes Phone Post
7/5/13 8:35 PM
ShanTheMan
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is odd that is isn't a tough sounding name.

The "Thorndick" family name means a lot in MMA would be cooler imo.

Hickson Thorndick by armbar
7/5/13 8:45 PM
Jo'donnell-Davies
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you even train Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.