UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG Mob needed ASAP re: combat8 in aussieland

7/6/13 11:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmanewsaustralia.net/2013/07/06/combat8-scandal/

My boy ben nguyen was fucked by this and many others. This should not stand.. Ever. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 11:29 AM
UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Combat 8 was a complete joke from the first time I saw it, this is just disgraceful. Hopefully those clowns get shut down for good. Anyone with any business sense would know it wasn't a viable promotion in the first place, its virtually the Arena Football league of MMA. While we have some really good local promotions down here I think we need that 1 major promotion that is nationally televised to take the sport to the next level. I don't think the UFC can do it alone and I worry we will soon have a decline in interest like the UK with the lack of quality cards. Either way criminal promoters really hurt the sport down here.
7/6/13 11:31 AM
crazydave
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the initial drama regarding fighter records not being recognized on MMA website Sherdog.com, due to the altered rules of the C8 events, new situations have developed regarding the issue of non-payment or partial payment of fighters, bounced cheques, disconnected phone services and even ties to underbelly star and former member of Australia’s most notorious crime syndicate, Graham “Abo” Henry,

Graham “Abo” Henry was released from prison in 1997 and in 2010 started an event labeled X-Treme Fight Club, registered with the NSW Combat Sports Authority as a Modified Thai Rules event, the rules that are the basis for what we see today in the form of Combat 8, and Graham Henry’s promotion X-Treme Fight Club is the name on the cheques that bounced that the fighters received after their April 27 fight at Sydney’s Lunar Park.

Nathan Swadling is the front man for Combat 8 and after handing out the cheques that bounced has allegedly changed his phone number twice, has taken to not answering emails and ignoring attempts to be contacted by social media, even though all the messages from facebook were being maked as ‘Seen’ by facebook messenger, he now appears to have de-activated his account.

Several people have come forward very publically with their demands to be paid and one of the loudest was Donnie Lester. Donnie is a U.S Heavyweight Fighter and devoted father of 2, he was left completely unpaid for 6 weeks and was close to losing his house in Bristol, Virginia. To this day is owed $2,611.00 Unfortunately the unprofessionalism doesn’t end there, in an email conversation between Swalding and Donnie, Donnie was promised, on top of many other things, accommodation for his entire time in Australia, where in reality, Donnie actually slept in the airport for 3 nights whilst trying to cut the final 11kg’s for his fight.

Fox8’s “The Contender” star, Junior Talipeau had his first move into the world of MMA and the top 10 ranked boxer quoted when asked to comment: “Let it be known that he doesn’t deserve to put a promotion on again, he is a bloody crook”.

Another fighter put out is up and coming MMA Star Ben Nguyen who flew out of Tiger Muay Thai in Thailand on 5 days notice, his current record is 8W-6L-0D. This is his story as he put it to us. “I feel cheated. We collected the purse cheque after the event which ended up bouncing at the bank. After several calls and empty promises, eight weeks later I sit here today still unpaid. I stepped into their cage on five days notice for a last minute pull out and risked my well being for nothing. It’s been very hard for me lately because fighting is my only source of income at the moment so I’ve been trying to liquidate everything I own including my motorcycle which is my last item I have of value and my pride and joy. But the most depressing part of this all is I was going to use part of this purse to put towards an engagement ring for my partner. I was really looking forward to proposing to her on my next trip to Australia; it really breaks my heart.”

Ben Livingstone, corner man to many fighters, including the UFC’s Brian Ebersole, has been in the game a long time and is more then disgusted with these events. Livingstone who also cornered Nguyen in his C8 fight has been working constantly trying to recover the payment for all the fighters involved. When we contacted him he was adamant that speaking to the media was a final option that he was forced to take due to the non-action of the previous 8 weeks. Ben was not only concerned for his fighters and their families but also the impact problems like this pose to the Australian MMA scene, with several international fighters losing out on this deal. This is what Ben had to say. “Due to gross mismanagement and incredible incompetence, the Promoter Nathan Swadling has caused great financial and emotional hardship to many of the athletes and their families who competed on Combat8. After two months of countless conflicting excuses and missed deadlines it is appears evident that Mr Swadling has NO Intentions of honoring his ‘Word’ by paying fighters their contractual Fight Purses.”

Many of the people involved at this end of the money are pushing for Combat 8 to be disbanded and Swadling to lose all rights to promote anything in the future. I have been informed that an investigation has been launched by the NSW Combat Sports Authority, although after several phone calls, voice mails and emails I was unable to contact anyone from the CSA to confirm this.

7/6/13 11:35 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Thanks gents. I wasnt gonna try and post that from the app. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 11:36 AM
crazydave
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Combat 8 TV | Episode 1

Sounds like a fucking terrible idea. 

7/6/13 11:39 AM
crazydave

So its toughman with a 30 second rule.  Fuck that.  No wonder the bikey scumbags got into it. 

7/6/13 11:57 AM
UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave -

So its toughman with a 30 second rule.  Fuck that.  No wonder the bikey scumbags got into it. 

The most retarded thing with the 30 second ground game is its not 30 seconds total, once the first guy touches the ground the clock starts and after 30 you can't go to the ground again. I saw a guy slip over which started the clock even though there wasn't actually any grappling. If any striker was half smart they would just take a knee at the start of each round to run down the clock then it basically becomes a boxing match because there are no kicks allowed! Phone Post
7/6/13 12:13 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth -
crazydave -

The most retarded thing with the 30 second ground game is its not 30 seconds total, once the first guy touches the ground the clock starts and after 30 you can't go to the ground again. I saw a guy slip over which started the clock even though there wasn't actually any grappling. If any striker was half smart they would just take a knee at the start of each round to run down the clock then it basically becomes a boxing match because there are no kicks allowed! Phone Post
Fucking garbage Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 1:41 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Ttt thisnneeds to be seen Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 2:12 PM
Jozy

Absolute fucking garbage, this dude should never be near the sport ever again Phone Post
7/6/13 5:48 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 8:59 PM
UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth

TTT for the Aussie day shift Phone Post
7/7/13 10:40 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 11:49 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Ttt this needs to be addressed.. Now that the hysteria's over... Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 11:52 AM
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for justice, UG Mob style. Phone Post
7/11/13 11:59 AM
RickStorm
1909 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT

7/11/13 12:17 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
7/11/13 12:19 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been a while since I fired up the torch, but I will for RVD.

photo mmamob2.png

7/11/13 12:21 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

zedlepln -

Been a while since I fired up the torch, but I will for RVD.

photo mmamob2.png

Ben's one of shayna's traneing partners that moved to thailand to trane with twas and tiger muy thai.. He's a good dude and got fucked over royally here. The rest of te guys on the card gotfucked over also and this needs justice! Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 12:54 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 12:56 PM
crazydave

any ideas?

7/11/13 1:05 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

crazydave -

any ideas?

Hunt him down? Castration? I dont know but i'm sure the collective of intellects from the ug can figure out how to get this righted. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:19 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Come now ug brethren, this is serious. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 3:24 PM
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
7/11/13 3:45 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - Come now ug brethren, this is serious. Phone Post 3.0

You'd think with all the chatter that happens over fighter pay, folks would go monkey shit over it. They should: these shows pull fighters who live much more so on the razor's edge than do the market leaders. Perhaps you'll get a little more love later in the day as UGers down unda log in. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.