UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Rafa "Friendly" Roll at Seminar

7/6/13 1:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IBTAPNU
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.submissioncontrol.com/main/2011/05/rafael-mendes-rolling-with-mike-wacker/

7/6/13 2:50 PM
Muffinho
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look at this guy trying to live out his adcc dreams of glory by dropping for heel hooks in a friendly roll at a seminar.

What a guy
7/6/13 3:05 PM
Hunter V
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people are just opportunistic idiots. And of course he would say "oh no man I respect him and wasn't really going for it!". Way to keep it friendly idiot.
7/6/13 3:17 PM
nogidavid
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*tries ton of hard heelhooks. taps second opponent gets heelhook position on me*
7/6/13 3:18 PM
nogidavid
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also following a guy to the feet when training ground only is a little annoying
7/6/13 4:17 PM
PTM2020
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/06/13 4:17 PM

love how poised & relaxed Rafa is and has a look of like 'oh, he's THAT guy.' 

7/6/13 4:22 PM
jmoney81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I win"
7/6/13 4:28 PM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From the website:
"Mike Wacker is an idolized figure in this still growing world of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Mike may be a power house on the mat, but he is a kind, well mannered, stand up guy with so much to offer. He is a rare natural talent with a gift that is not often seen and is a true asset to this sport. Keep your eyes open for Mike Wacker and Black Hole Jiu Jitsu because his list of accomplishments is far from ending. "
7/6/13 4:42 PM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are blowing shit out of proportion.

I didn't see anything bad there.

are armbars and kneebars not fair game in a friendly roll? if so, why not heelhooks?

i'm pretty sure respect was given.

just another thing for salty fuckers to complain about.
7/6/13 4:44 PM
GrahamJ

Immediately goes for the heelhook; Rafa defends with ease; passes up probably a dozen or so chances to submit him so he can wait to heelhook him; heelhooks him; fin.

Brilliant.

...actually, this 'We're keeping it playful; i'm a brilliant jitsuka - but so humble, really.' bulllshit sounds familiar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXn5A-VgcB4
7/6/13 4:54 PM
biggator
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ate a knee at 3:24 lookes like
7/6/13 5:10 PM
checkuroil
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Iphag please Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 6:39 PM
Tboney8669
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrahamJ - Immediately goes for the heelhook; Rafa defends with ease; passes up probably a dozen or so chances to submit him so he can wait to heelhook him; heelhooks him; fin.

Brilliant.

...actually, this 'We're keeping it playful; i'm a brilliant jitsuka - but so humble, really.' bulllshit sounds familiar:

U got a YouTube video for everything...I don't know how u keep track Phone Post
7/6/13 6:49 PM
BackAddict347x

They dont call him "Wack Mike" for nothing.
7/6/13 8:09 PM
GrahamJ

Tboney8669 - 
GrahamJ - Immediately goes for the heelhook; Rafa defends with ease; passes up probably a dozen or so chances to submit him so he can wait to heelhook him; heelhooks him; fin.

Brilliant.

Http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=memory
7/6/13 8:46 PM
shen
633 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/06/13 8:53 PM
vegard - From the website:
"Mike Wacker is an idolized figure in this still growing world of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Mike may be a power house on the mat, but he is a kind, well mannered, stand up guy with so much to offer. He is a rare natural talent with a gift that is not often seen and is a true asset to this sport. Keep your eyes open for Mike Wacker and Black Hole Jiu Jitsu because his list of accomplishments is far from ending. "

The funny thing about that type of bio, with the over the top praise and awkward writing, is that 95% of the time you just KNOW the person wrote it themselves.
7/6/13 9:02 PM
Setree
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ if I didn't know better, I'd swear that was a grandmaster Shen bio.
7/6/13 11:05 PM
Marion Cobretti
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

link doesnt work
7/6/13 11:13 PM
Mrbrownfolks
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wacker is the same tool from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIOI1SP8b8
7/7/13 12:55 AM
Tboney8669

GrahamJ -
Tboney8669 - 

Brilliant.

Http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=memory
http://m.dictionary.com/?q=obsession&submit-result-SEARCHD=Search Phone Post
7/7/13 1:13 AM
GrahamJ

HA!
Which one of us...?
7/7/13 1:20 AM
Gianni Whitesocks
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:38 AM
gusto

Wacker has to be aspie or something from this and like 3 other vids ive seen

I dont know the context of this video, maybe they were doing heel hooks all seminar. for some reason, the way i read rafa's body language, i dont think they were. who knows though.
7/7/13 8:52 AM
Tboney8669

gusto - Wacker has to be aspie or something from this and like 3 other vids ive seen

I dont know the context of this video, maybe they were doing heel hooks all seminar. for some reason, the way i read rafa's body language, i dont think they were. who knows though.
Agreed, Rafa looked annoyed by the heel hook and the "higher than friendly" pace, but took it in strides and finished with class. Phone Post
7/7/13 9:21 AM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

In Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.