UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Rafa "Friendly" Roll at Seminar

7/7/13 9:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zardoz
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wacker is not a horrible person, just a young kid who still lives with his mommy last I knew. He is pretty cool and down to earth, just has a bit of a high opinion of himself related to bjj in comparison to his actual accomplishments. The other guys from his gym would likely blow him if he asked them, he is a superstar to them.

Mike Wacker used to be famous for getting abused by Gene Simco, maybe he has issues with the Lloyd Irvin treatment he got there.
7/7/13 10:09 AM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dude appears to be a tool.
7/7/13 10:36 AM
Mister Crabs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That write-up from his website is completely obnoxious.
7/7/13 10:44 AM
Hugh Jaynus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mrbrownfolks - Wacker is the same tool from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIOI1SP8b8

Wow. What a fucking douchebag.
7/7/13 11:55 AM
markus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

since it was no gi, rafa was playing a closed guard. (really well). shot the triangle, before he finished with a heel hook. thanks op for the vid.
7/7/13 12:00 PM
Kneeblock
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it wacker from team li? Phone Post
7/7/13 12:20 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a chuckle reading the article first when he was described as an "active competitor" and thinking the emphasis was on the Active part.

After watching the first vid and some of the second it just looks like he is competitive. It's the same attribute that I am reminded of when seeing videos of Ronda training. What I really think is going on with people like that is that they are intense and their "normal" setting is a notch higher than most peoples. He tapped fast to rafa and looked gracious for the roll, whereas a douche would try everything to escape and would be like "DAMN" when they were caught. IMO anyways.
7/7/13 2:06 PM
Gamebred
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. The way some people are reacting on this thread is pathetic. Oh my god, mike wacker went for a submission while doing submission grappling! What was he thinking? How dare he try that against Rafa. Doesnt he know he should tap before the roll starts! id like to see the guys taking cheap shots at mike go to his school and do it face to face but we know that isnt going to happen. Phone Post
7/7/13 2:52 PM
Muffinho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred -  Wow. The way some people are reacting on this thread is pathetic. Oh my god, mike wacker went for a submission while doing submission grappling! What was he thinking? How dare he try that against Rafa. Doesnt he know he should tap before the roll starts! id like to see the guys taking cheap shots at mike go to his school and do it face to face but we know that isnt going to happen. Phone Post

He's going to try to heel hook us during an armbar demonstration and then declare himself the winner?
7/7/13 2:58 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred - Wow. The way some people are reacting on this thread is pathetic. Oh my god, mike wacker went for a submission while doing submission grappling! What was he thinking? How dare he try that against Rafa. Doesnt he know he should tap before the roll starts! id like to see the guys taking cheap shots at mike go to his school and do it face to face but we know that isnt going to happen. Phone Post
Hi Mike Phone Post
7/7/13 3:01 PM
Gamebred
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are u talking about. That was a roll Phone Post
7/7/13 3:03 PM
Gamebred

My name is rob kahn. When Im critical of somebody on the Internet I sign my name to it. You guys should try it Phone Post
7/7/13 3:04 PM
Zardoz
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred is Wacker's coach.

Nobody said Wacker wasn't good at BJJ, they all complained of his attitude/personality.

Coming on here with the Classic forum "Say that to his face!" challange may show insight into why he behaves in this manner.

7/7/13 3:19 PM
Gamebred

It is impossible to know mike and not like him.
As for a " say it to his face mentality" as being a bad thing and speaking volumes about where mike comes from. Now thats funny. I guess you consider slandering anonymously about people virtuous? Lol. Phone Post
7/7/13 3:29 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred - It is impossible to know mike and not like him.
As for a " say it to his face mentality" as being a bad thing and speaking volumes about where mike comes from. Now thats funny. I guess you consider slandering anonymously about people virtuous? Lol. Phone Post
Its an internet message board. For you to expect anything else but anonymous comments about how people feel is expecting a bit much.

It also seems other people have had some not so pleasant experience with your buddy there as well.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12/rafael-mendes-seminar-training-footage-1660733/

If it walks like a duck...... Phone Post
7/7/13 3:34 PM
Zardoz

The comment was related to you coming onto the Internet acting in a way that doesn't paint you or Mike in a positive light. Had to skipped the say it to my face part, you might have done more good than harm.

I guess you consider slander to be people opinions differing from yours.
7/7/13 3:42 PM
checkuroil
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still can't see the vid

The Ryan hall one isn't bad. He was excited he won a match against a big name. I'd be happy too. Sure he was goofy with the "I won" stuff, but whatever.

The bio is self-aggrandizing. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 4:07 PM
FJJ828
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mrbrownfolks - Wacker is the same tool from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIOI1SP8b8

"I WIN!"

Sorry, Rob. I don't like him already.

7/7/13 4:22 PM
Marion Cobretti

I also cannot see the video. The site doesn't come up. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 4:35 PM
Gamebred

If you dont like mikey thats fine. I came on here pointing out how ridiculous it is to give mike shit for going for submissions while rolling submission grappling.

Im done arguing here Phone Post
7/7/13 4:37 PM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred -  It is impossible to know mike and not like him.

no one is slandering wacker.

Wacker acts douchey. That does not mean he is a bad guy. so if someone said to wacker's face,

anon mmatv guy: "you know, you come off as a little douchey"

youre saying his response would be what?

"FUCK YOU ILL TAP/CHOKE/BREAK YOU!"

anon mmatv guy: "see man, this is what im talking about."

I respect your loyalty though.

7/7/13 5:32 PM
Gamebred

Oh no! I so wanted you to like me! Phone Post
7/7/13 5:41 PM
BjjinCT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to say something here , the first time I trained with Rob and Mike they treated me like a brother Rob gave a three hour private after a long flight for fun. When I met Mike we rolled after a seminar and I went for a guillotine full speed. I was a purple at the time and he was a BB, he was so cool and chill about it. I detected no doucheyness after he easily escaped then later in the roll dropped for aheel hook with a professional demeanor not cranking but letting me know im caught. Only reason I'm posting is I Have personal experiance with these guys even tho they barely know me. Other wise I would not post. I just felt you guys should know one guys personal experience with both these gentleman. LOU... PS I am not under either of these guys tho I was under Robs Assciation for a brief time.... Phone Post
7/7/13 6:14 PM
Gamebred

Thanks for the support bjjinct Phone Post
7/7/13 6:22 PM
ChipW
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know anything about the kid in the video but the actual roll doesnt look that bad to me.   Maybe im missing out on some back story about his personality or other transgressions but the actual roll shown in the video, i just dont see what the problem is.   

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.