UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stop training gi

7/6/13 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MARC BULGER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't work in real fights. Nobody wants to put on pajamas to fight. All you people that train traditional bjj should stop and buy some mace. Phone Post
7/6/13 11:34 PM
bearockbrobama
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Dave Herman Phone Post
7/6/13 11:35 PM
MentaL
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

General War - Free MMORTS, Commander
Looks like a cut issue. Phone Post
7/6/13 11:37 PM
UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

op do you wear no clothes when you go out of the house?

MARC BULGER

No gi works lose the gi. Most guys that use gi don't fight MMA. Just living on what Royce did. Phone Post
MARC BULGER

UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS -

op do you wear no clothes when you go out of the house?

Any street fight any real man takes off his shirt in America. Use bjj in a street fight you will get rampage slammed. Phone Post
7/6/13 11:38 PM
ClearwaterFLMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

op doesnt realize mma is not a real fight where people are wearing clothes Phone Post
7/6/13 11:38 PM
AlphaSlap
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are absolutely correct, that one fight proved to me that bjj just does not work in a fight.

I am going to go burn my gi right now, and ask my instructor for all my money back.

Thanks internet friend, your insightful and well educated post has changed my entire outlook on life.

Keep up the great work!
7/6/13 11:40 PM
MARC BULGER

ClearwaterFLMMA - op doesnt realize mma is not a real fight where people are wearing clothes Phone Post
Yeah trying pulling guard on concrete and I will spike your ass. It doesn't work only nerds use gi's. Phone Post
7/6/13 11:41 PM
MARC BULGER

AlphaSlap - You are absolutely correct, that one fight proved to me that bjj just does not work in a fight.

I am going to go burn my gi right now, and ask my instructor for all my money back.

Thanks internet friend, your insightful and well educated post has changed my entire outlook on life.

Keep up the great work!
One fight? How about an elite pajama fighter going heads with a mediocre mma fighter and getting destroyed on feet and ground. Phone Post
7/6/13 11:46 PM
uniquetechnique
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people should do what they want and go with Gi or No Gi.
I have trained both since 1995.
My opinion is that with a Gi, it helps exercise my mind more because there are many more options for submissions (Chokes especially), holds, transitions and many more. I know a lot of people who have transitioned into gi after months or even years of NO gi...really hate it. I can understand because..it is more harder to transition to gi that to no gi. They hate the "handles", they feel weaker and vulnerable. A good example is watching Diego Sanchez putting a Gi on for his first time at or even Joe Daddy Stevenson at Cobra kai. As advanced as they are..they felt like white belts when they but the Gi on. Where as I have seen Wrestlers like Dean Lister go into Gi first then take the Abu Dhabi World Championships. I train both because when you have more into your arsenal..especially a sharper mind set and higher experience..you will for sure win in a street fight.
7/6/13 11:47 PM
AlphaSlap
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MARC BULGER - 
AlphaSlap - You are absolutely correct, that one fight proved to me that bjj just does not work in a fight.

Keep up the great work!
One fight? How about an elite pajama fighter going heads with a mediocre mma fighter and getting destroyed on feet and ground. Phone Post

Which other fights are you referring to?

you obviously know more about fighting than most of the nerds on the internet, and I thank you for sharing your vast knowledge and giving out sound life advice.
I think you should go over to Renzo's first thing Monday morning and give a seminar, after you school all of those pajama fighters you should put out a DVD set, you will be rich!

7/6/13 11:53 PM
UGCTT_Blake
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's fun and I like the sport.. I don't want to stop. Phone Post 3.0
7/6/13 11:56 PM
Ministry of Truth

BJJ hating trolls are out in full force tonight.
7/6/13 11:59 PM
crazydave
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wear my gi everywhere. I would invite you to come at me OP and experience my jitz fury! Phone Post
7/7/13 12:07 AM
Unseen
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Benson, Silva, and Aldo all train Gi at least part time (Benson still competes in Gi).
  2. Most people don't train MMA so a Gi vs. NoGi debate when most people who train either never get punched is an irrelevant discussion.
  3. A six month white belt in Gi is a better NoGi grappler than an untrained (the majority of the world) person he would probably meet in a "real" fight.
7/7/13 12:07 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMHO training with the gi is better than no gi, because of the fine tuning technicals you need to know, you can't easily slip out of holds etc. No gi is more of a scramble than actual jiu jitsu. But training no gi is without a doubt the best way to train jiu jitsu for mma. I just fucking love bjj to be honest Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 12:08 AM
donkypunch55
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique - I think people should do what they want and go with Gi or No Gi.
My opinion is that with a Gi, it helps exercise my mind more because there are many more options for submissions (Chokes especially), holds, transitions and many more. I know a lot of people who have transitioned into gi after months or even years of NO gi...really hate it. I can understand because..it is more harder to transition to gi that to no gi. They hate the "handles", they feel weaker and vulnerable. A good example is watching Diego Sanchez putting a Gi on for his first time at or even Joe Daddy Stevenson at Cobra kai. As advanced as they are..they felt like white belts when they but the Gi on. Where as I have seen Wrestlers like Dean Lister go into Gi first then take the Abu Dhabi World Championships. I train both because when you have more into your arsenal..especially a sharper mind set and higher experience..you will for sure win in a street fight.
Well said sir. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 11:52 PM
uniquetechnique
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donkypunch55 -
uniquetechnique - I think people should do what they want and go with Gi or No Gi.
Well said sir. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
Back at ya kid Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:11 AM
supersaiyan

MARC BULGER -  It doesn't work in real fights. Nobody wants to put on pajamas to fight. All you people that train traditional bjj should stop and buy some mace. Phone Post

you sir are so correct... as a matter of fact within the next 24 hours upon realizing what you have shown with glorious light of truth, multitude of bjj spots will be shutting down .
7/8/13 12:59 AM
von krap
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i train both...cause you can never know too much.
7/8/13 1:03 AM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if you're not wearing a gi and I am, you can still get gi choked faggot Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 1:11 AM
someonestolemysocks
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's not feed the trolls gents Phone Post 3.0
cheesesteak
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you live in the cold ass northeast where people have thick baggy jeans on and leather coats with thick lapels, there is plenty of nasty shit you could do to people who fuck with you on the street. Even knowing little nuances of grabbing the loose jean cloth around the knees and whipping both legs to one side (in the case of the bullfigher pass).. It's best to know both because there is also the scenario of getting into a scrap at the beach too, but where i'm from most likely not. I take the best elements of both for a real world altercation and adapt accordingly.
Phuckles
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you ever stop and think that I trane gi because it gives me more mat time with sweaty men? I mean, I don't get nearly as much bare skin to skin contact as no gi but it beats sitting on the couch and spanking it! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.