UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva threw the fight

7/7/13 12:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kneedy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either way, throwing the fight, clowning your game opponent so hard he kills you, either way Silva lost all respect from me tonight, and I was his biggest fan and supporter. If you dont want to fight anymore or have the pressure of being the champ, retire and let Vitor fight Weidman for the title or vacate the title and move up to fight LHW only. Or down. Whichever. Now Weidman will just be a one hit wonder at champ and Vitor will take the title from him first try.
Affliction Blackbelt
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm unsure, he took little damage on the ground then was stuffing the takedowns in the 2nd. He seemed to be a bit crazy, his team was even telling him to calm down.

With the pre-fight statement "Win or lose it doesn't matter. I've done what I needed to do in mma" I think he just planned on going out there and clowning not giving a shyt, and Weidman caught him on it. Silva seemed pretty cool about it though. There's certainly a case for it though, but who knows really.
The Brool Story Company

he was fully extended dodging backward, no room to slip his punches, he could clown around, but he was clowing TOO much.

7/7/13 1:01 AM
the chief
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smelled fishy... Phone Post
7/7/13 1:02 AM
crazydave
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson threw that fight. Phone Post
7/7/13 1:03 AM
Seedless619

kneedy - Either way, throwing the fight, clowning your game opponent so hard he kills you, either way Silva lost all respect from me tonight, and I was his biggest fan and supporter. If you dont want to fight anymore or have the pressure of being the champ, retire and let Vitor fight Weidman for the title or vacate the title and move up to fight LHW only. Or down. Whichever. Now Weidman will just be a one hit wonder at champ and Vitor will take the title from him first try.
Lol fuck you fanboy.
Heartbroken bitch put everything into him and was wrong..How about you quit with the causal bar fan bullshit.
Silva got cocky and got caught.
Weidman won't last.
Bump in 2 years. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:15 AM
Skeezy420
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He didn't care. He didn't "throw" the fight, he simply didn't care if he lost.
7/7/13 1:16 AM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skeezy420 - He didn't care. He didn't "throw" the fight, he simply didn't care if he lost.
What's the difference? If you don't attempt to win, then you resign to lose. Phone Post
7/7/13 1:25 AM
MmmozzY

Hardly a loss Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:28 AM
Soup and Beer
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ threw the fight.  It did exactly the same fucking thing that he always does.  The only difference is this time he couldn't dodge a punch.

7/7/13 1:29 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight cost the UFC major money.

Weidman-Silva 2 is no cash cow.

Not like Silva-GSP or Silva-Jones would be.

Weidman is a glass of milk. Cold. White. Non threatening. No personality.

A white meat babyface USED to draw money.

Today it's the bad boy or the antihero.

The 80s were Rambo and Hulk Hogan. Weidman in the 80s would draw money.

It's 2013 and a Breaking Bad world. The flag waving, Born In The USA blasting generic clean cut wrestler isn't a PPV bonanza.

Weidman needs to get a personality fast or else the UFC will wish for another Sonnen. Phone Post
7/7/13 1:30 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this time , yes

7/7/13 1:31 AM
mcq
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carrtrouble - HE PUNCHED A HOLE IN HIS FUCKING CHEST Phone Post
Voted U Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:32 AM
Blazing Knees

ajjr0ller - 
MmmozzY - Seems obvious. Why else would you turn down a rematch? Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. I also think he threw the fight. Whoever said his eyes rolled back- hell yeah they did. He was very obviously knocked out. But it seems like Anderson was more than ready to pass the torch. Phone Post

IDIOTS

YOu tap to strikes to throw a fight
You dont' get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR HEAD BOUNCING OFF THE CARPET LIKE A BASKETBALL WHILE YOUR GETTING YOU TEETH BASHED IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE

IDIOTS
7/7/13 1:33 AM
FrankMurrr

WORK
7/7/13 1:34 AM
epwar
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

7/7/13 1:34 AM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -
ajjr0ller - 
Exactly. I also think he threw the fight. Whoever said his eyes rolled back- hell yeah they did. He was very obviously knocked out. But it seems like Anderson was more than ready to pass the torch. Phone Post

IDIOTS

You dont' get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR HEAD BOUNCING OFF THE CARPET LIKE A BASKETBALL WHILE YOUR GETTING YOU TEETH BASHED IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE

IDIOTS
You left your capslock on again Phone Post
7/7/13 1:37 AM
Juzz

Diaz also threw the fight against GSP. Bring on the rematch. Easy KO for Diaz if he stops taunting, Diaz absolutely never taunts it's no wonder he lost that fight.
7/7/13 1:41 AM
darcechoke

He didn't throw sh*t. Textbook Anderson. He got caught. End of story! Quit the dumb shit Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:42 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nobones -

If you are going to intentionally lose, why would you get knocked out like that?  He would have tapped to the ankle lock or something like that.  When people throw fights they don't take risks.

Do you want it to look real?

Pro wrestlers slice their foreheads with a blade to bleed.

Could they use gel caps of fake blood?

Yep.

They intentionally sliced their foreheads to make it look real back when fans weren't sure what was real and what wasn't.

Same with chair shots.

They used to take full concussion giving chair shots to unprotected heads.

If you want it to look legit, you'd legit take some punishment.

I'm not saying he did nor am I saying it was worked.

But only a fool thinks guys haven't taken real damage to make something worked look like a shoot. Phone Post
7/7/13 1:44 AM
NJstileNJ

Chuckliddellstein - I'll get shit for this. I'm not an Anderson silva fan but he clearly had plans and a prepared speech, I think he wanted to lose "pass the torch". He's older, wants to be with his family, wants out of the spotlight. I didn't care who won, no butthurtery here, that's just how it seemed Phone Post 3.0
I really think he planned to lose.. I thought silva would win but a Weidman win wouldn't/ didn't surprise me. My sneaking suspicion about him losing was right for the most part. I think a silva that wanted to win wins that fight. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:44 AM
MmmozzY

He's the best, I'm gonna go home now. Sounds like a man who wants to win to me, right guys? Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:45 AM
Blazing Knees

ajjr0ller - 
Blazing Knees -
ajjr0ller - 

IDIOTS

IDIOTS
You left your capslock on again Phone Post

I BEEN GETTING MY DRANK ON AND I'M SHOUTING
7/7/13 1:53 AM
Dougie
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeffphansen77 - Clowns. You give up a submission to throw a fight. You don't clown around like a jackass before getting knocked out & then endure all the inevitable laughter & ridicule. He played & paid.

7/7/13 1:53 AM
MmmozzY

"He's the best, I'm going home now." Sounds like a man who wanted to win, right guys? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.