UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson classy as hell in post-fight int/presser

7/7/13 1:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just thought I'd mention it. That really says something.

Big respect to the GOAT (IMO).

7/7/13 1:55 AM
Clarence Parents
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have tons of respect for Anderson.. but to be honest.. if he was anything but classy he'd look like a real asshole right now after what he did and how he acted.

But I still can't wait to see his next fight.

7/7/13 1:55 AM
Slowshot
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, it's weird, he hasn't answered a single question that was asked.
7/7/13 1:56 AM
Clarence Parents
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see Weidman and Anderson embrace after the fight though.. without kissing involved.

7/7/13 1:57 AM
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clarence Parents - 

I have tons of respect for Anderson.. but to be honest.. if he was anything but classy he'd look like a real asshole right now after what he did and how he acted.

But I still can't wait to see his next fight.

I'm not really sure what he was thinking during the fight, but he went above and beyond after it, which I think is really commendable.

7/7/13 1:57 AM
ChaosOverkill
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup, says he wants 3/4 months to think about his future though :/, if UFC is intent on the rematch, don't expect a fight till CHristmas or later.

7/7/13 1:58 AM
Kick Boxe
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He feels like an idiot for taunting and getting caught. Nothing classy about his performance tonight

7/7/13 2:00 AM
Stigga
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So classy. Very impressive. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:02 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe - 

He feels like an idiot for taunting and getting caught. Nothing classy about his performance tonight

Maybe you should ask his opponent how disrespectful it is. 

It's part of his game. Had he kept matrixing and then KTFO of Weidman we would all be drooling...

7/7/13 2:02 AM
TtoMyJ14
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he seems more interested in texting than press conference
7/7/13 2:03 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Good thread and VTFU OP. :-)

7/7/13 2:06 AM
rjbo71

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

I always hate it when someone displays douchey behavior and gets there ass handed to them suddenly becomes a humble, nice guy. 

Shut your mouth and go ponder your ways.

7/7/13 2:06 AM
Ol' Dirty

Classy?

Or humbled? Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:07 AM
Enjoyyyy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting tired of his literally worthlessly cliche responses. Seriously, its pointless to even ask him a question.

"I went out there and did my best, hespect to wide man" Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:07 AM
Enjoyyyy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting tired of his literally worthlessly cliche responses. Seriously, its pointless to even ask him a question.

"I went out there and did my best, hespect to wide man" Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:08 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slowshot - Man, it's weird, he hasn't answered a single question that was asked.
He's never answered a question with anything but generic statements Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:08 AM
Dazednconfused
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -

Yeah of course he feels like an idiot. He knows chris had no business even being in there with him, got too cocky and threw away the fight. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:09 AM

rjbo71 - 

I always hate it when someone displays douchey behavior and gets there ass handed to them suddenly becomes a humble, nice guy. 

I don't see it that way. The fact that he was so gracious in defeat and made absolutely no excuses shows that the showboating and clowning is all just a tactic to him. No animosity or disrespect. 

I think he got a little carried away with it this time (7 years in the UFC without a SINGLE loss might do that to you), but I think it was just strategy.

7/7/13 2:14 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Good thread and VTFU OP. :-)

Back at you bro.

7/7/13 2:17 AM
rjbo71

rjbo71 - 

I don't see it that way. The fact that he was so gracious in defeat and made absolutely no excuses shows that the showboating and clowning is all just a tactic to him. No animosity or disrespect. 

I think he got a little carried away with it this time (7 years in the UFC without a SINGLE loss might do that to you), but I think it was just strategy.

Yeah I hate that strategy. It is disrepectful and shameful. He cannot win with out it.

No animosity or disrespect. 

thats the MMA equivalent of the drunk douche disrespecting your girlfriend and saying "Dude, I was just jokin". Thats bullshit and he deserves to get knocked out  just like AS deserved it.

7/7/13 2:18 AM
DoomFarmer

Dazednconfused -
Kick Boxe -

Yeah of course he feels like an idiot. He knows chris had no business even being in there with him, got too cocky and threw away the fight. Phone Post 3.0
Enjoy the fuck out of those sour grapes. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:18 AM
Lahzerous
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup still my fav fighter. Everytime a re porter said it seems you messed up not that Weidman won he told them no Weidman is the better fighter. Good thing about tonight is his real fans can weed out the flip floppers and they can go talk shit about him.

7/7/13 2:19 AM
granderojo

The fans booing Anderson during an incredibly humble post-fight interview was embarrassing. His showboating/disrespect was limited to during the fight (likely as a head game), but idiots booing him as he is being nearly overly respectful was very distasteful.
7/7/13 2:23 AM
CHILLITACO
691 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused -
Kick Boxe -

I kinda think this too.

I know he likes to put on a show to display his speed, but he got clipped a few times and that should have been enough to get him firing all guns. He's got s granite chin and it just hit him perfectly while he was fucking around. It was his fight to lose IMHO. Phone Post
7/7/13 2:25 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

rjbo,

why is it that the fighter in the cage felt no disrespect and can ggrasp the concept of why Anderson does what he does, but a long time poster here (who I would think would have been following combat sports a LONG time) cannot? 

Fighters in CS have tried to goad and taunt their opponents into making mistakes or getting over anxious for decades. Anderson is one of the best ever to do it. 

Words can be disrespectful, or Rashad grabbing his cock on live tv is disrespectful, trying to goad or provoke reactions in the cage is rarely viewed as disrespectful by the actual fighters. Let's not pretend this was the Maia fight and he was hiding behind the ref. He was working the same matrix shit he works on almost all of his opponents and got caught. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.