UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson classy as hell in post-fight int/presser

7/7/13 2:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
rjbo71 - 

Just thought I'd mention it. That really says something.

Big respect to the GOAT (IMO).

I always hate it when someone displays douchey behavior and gets there ass handed to them suddenly becomes a humble, nice guy. 

Shut your mouth and go ponder your ways.

I don't see it that way. The fact that he was so gracious in defeat and made absolutely no excuses shows that the showboating and clowning is all just a tactic to him. No animosity or disrespect. 

I think he got a little carried away with it this time (7 years in the UFC without a SINGLE loss might do that to you), but I think it was just strategy.

Yeah I hate that strategy. It is disrepectful and shameful. He cannot win with out it.

No animosity or disrespect. 

thats the MMA equivalent of the drunk douche disrespecting your girlfriend and saying "Dude, I was just jokin". Thats bullshit and he deserves to get knocked out  just like AS deserved it.

That strategy got him to where he is today (GOAT), so I can't knock him too much for it.

7/7/13 2:34 AM
rjbo71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can. And have after al his fights. I dont care what anyone says... He is not the GOAT. 

7/7/13 2:43 AM
js138
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 -

I can. And have after al his fights. I dont care what anyone says... He is not the GOAT. 

Until I see a more dominant jaw dropping career reel, we will continue to disagree. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:45 AM
Forrest Spliffn

granderojo - The fans booing Anderson during an incredibly humble post-fight interview was embarrassing. His showboating/disrespect was limited to during the fight (likely as a head game), but idiots booing him as he is being nearly overly respectful was very distasteful.
Naw. Son was feeling himself too much.

The golden rule about styling on niggas is that you style on them AFTER you hurt them.
Anderson out trash talked all of the Diaz bros fights combined tonight.
Shit was lightweight disgraceful and exactly the opposite of the image mma needs to display if it is to truly become mainstream.

I've been a big silva fan. I like a bit of taunting. What he did tonight tho was classless.

He straight disrespected the very principal of martial arts which is respect.

Weidman is good shit..
The urge to clown Anderson's sleeping body would have been too much for me to overcome.
I would have cussed him out something awful in the post fight interview too .

War weidman. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:45 AM
panthonyjr

js138 -
rjbo71 -

Until I see a more dominant jaw dropping career reel, we will continue to disagree. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:46 AM
js138
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -

Yup still my fav fighter. Everytime a re porter said it seems you messed up not that Weidman won he told them no Weidman is the better fighter. Good thing about tonight is his real fans can weed out the flip floppers and they can go talk shit about him.

Yeah the bar I was in flip flopped like a mother fucker. Same bar did the same shit when cain beat lesnar for the belt. It was like a fuckin' WWE ppv until Brock got lit up.

Thats the price you pay of watching at a bar. Casuals who constantly spew incorrect fight info and flip floppers. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:48 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 - 

7/7/13 2:52 AM
crzyJenks
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought while watching the fight was Anderson was trying to bait him and get him to start to open up.  I didn't really look at it as being disrespectful but more like he was trying to get in his head piss him off and have him get sloppy so he could get him.  But Weidman stayed composed and caught him.  Weidman said it himself that Anderson is a man and went into the fight believing that, just like any man if he punches him he can hurt him and he did exactly that. 

7/7/13 2:54 AM
rjbo71

rjbo71 - 

Yeah thats impressive but not a argument.

Forrest was never really known for "accuracy" LOL!

7/7/13 3:03 AM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First the kiss,then the share the belt hand off picture,then the after fight hug,then chris saying in the presser how he felt like he loves anderson...still better love story than twilight.... Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 3:06 AM
Moke
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, how come all these years when Anderson was clowning guys and ko'ing the fuck out of them, it was pure awesome and highlight reel material? He's obviously the GOAT. Then the ONE time he gets caught, suddenly he's an asshole who shouldn't be clowning around.

Silva is Silva and nothing less. Sometimes you get caught. But he's so good, no one could catch him for 16 straight fights. But to expect that to happen forever is unrealistic.
7/7/13 3:10 AM
John M
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 - 

I always hate it when someone displays douchey behavior and gets there ass handed to them suddenly becomes a humble, nice guy. 

I don't see it that way. The fact that he was so gracious in defeat and made absolutely no excuses shows that the showboating and clowning is all just a tactic to him. No animosity or disrespect. 

I think he got a little carried away with it this time (7 years in the UFC without a SINGLE loss might do that to you), but I think it was just strategy.

Good post. VTFU
7/7/13 3:12 AM
rjbo71

panthonyjr - 
js138 -
rjbo71 -

Agreed Phone Post 3.0

There are so many dynamics, circumstances, paradigms to consider when talking about GOAT.

Some to consider.. Matt Hughs, Chuck Lidell, Tito, George St Pierre.

I Think there is more to than just consecutive days title or title defenses. Quality of Opponent  - not only in terms of record but in terms of where they are in thier carreer, SIze dominence, etc.

But most of allHow the champion handles himself...

I would be a huge fan of AS if he was not such a dick His counter punches are a thing of beauty - BUT, I also do not believe he can win without being a dick. and I just dont care for that. In the same way I am not a fan of the Diaz brothers. I wish they would just go in and fight. All that showboating just cheapens the match...

7/7/13 3:14 AM
granderojo

crzyJenks - 

I thought while watching the fight was Anderson was trying to bait him and get him to start to open up.  I didn't really look at it as being disrespectful but more like he was trying to get in his head piss him off and have him get sloppy so he could get him.  But Weidman stayed composed and caught him.  Weidman said it himself that Anderson is a man and went into the fight believing that, just like any man if he punches him he can hurt him and he did exactly that. 

This. his behavior was part of his fight game. sure it didn't work. but still totally acceptable, since it did not carry on outside of the fight. he could not have been more respectful following his loss. if he wants to use mind games to his advantage, that's fine, since he is the one who pays the price if it doesn't work out. but to boo the man who has
put it all on the line many times? embarrassing...
7/7/13 4:33 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
rjbo71 - 

I completely agree Phone Post
7/7/13 4:52 AM
granderojo

burner22 - 
rjbo71 - 

Forrest Spliffn, /\ this is exactly what I mean. I cannot imagine how anyone could say Anderson was disrespectful after listening to his post-fight interview. He is arguably the best fighter there ever was, yet he makes no excuses and conceded total respect to his opponent. Showboating was a strategic head-game that failed. Nothing more.
7/7/13 10:00 AM
rjbo71

granderojo - 
burner22 - 
rjbo71 - 

Forrest Spliffn, /\ this is exactly what I mean. I cannot imagine how anyone could say Anderson was disrespectful after listening to his post-fight interview. He is arguably the best fighter there ever was, yet he makes no excuses and conceded total respect to his opponent. Showboating was a strategic head-game that failed. Nothing more.

ANd it is a shameful strategy. It is unprofessional and disrepectful. If he is so great he should of went in there like  Tyson used to - and take em out 1st round and walk out with out breaking a sweat. But, he could not do that. 

7/7/13 10:32 AM
youarewhatiswrong
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 - 
rjbo71 - 

Yeah I hate that strategy. It is disrepectful and shameful. He cannot win with out it.

No animosity or disrespect. 

thats the MMA equivalent of the drunk douche disrespecting your girlfriend and saying "Dude, I was just jokin". Thats bullshit and he deserves to get knocked out  just like AS deserved it.

You've been around since '03 and you're this clueless? Have you just been lurking on the UG waiting for Anderson to lose so you can finally pipe up and say how overrated he was?

Fuck, I hate the trash that the internet dredges up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.