UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Give us Sonnen vs Vitor while rematch shapes up

7/7/13 9:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cancel the Sonnen/Rua fight as it has no implications and there's no bad blood. Give us Vitor vs Chael @ 185lbs on Fox Sports 1 while the Weidman/Silva rematch shapes up. I'd be amped to see Chael or Vitor get one last shot at the title once Weidman wins again.

Who is with me? Phone Post
7/7/13 9:46 AM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - Anderson rematch won't happen, as Vitor will defeat Weidman before it can.
Think of it from a business perspective. There is HUGE sales potential in a rematch. The UFC doesn't want Vitor ruining that possibility in the interim. They'll sideline Chris and have him campaign for NY MMA as Anderson rests. Vitor or Sonnen will do huge numbers against Weidman eventually. Phone Post
7/7/13 9:52 AM
ep915
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think they want vitor anywhere near that title, seeing as he can only fight with his trt in brasil
7/7/13 9:52 AM
ufc98newb
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see weidman vs vitor. Total horseshit that we will have to wait until superbowl weekend for a rematch, and neither guy will fight between then. 7 fucking months. this is the shit that makes it harder to stay excited about ufc all the time. Dana coming out talking like the rest of 2013 is filled with such great matchups so there is no room until superbowl weekend is a fucking joke. 

Whatever happened to the best fighting the best 3x per year? Floyd mayweather almost keeps a more regular schedule than gsp and anderson these days.

7/7/13 9:58 AM
GaspareBJJ
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Anderson didn't want a rematch? Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:23 AM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They can't cancel the Sonnen/Rua fight. IMO Sonnen beats Rua and Belfort. When he gets in there with a wrestler, I think his streak will come to an end. Also, everyone acts like he can't get sanctioned to fight anywhere except Brazil. You can't have your potential champ limited like that.....terrible for business.
7/7/13 10:25 AM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The new Vitor will Weidman a good match, but I see Weidman winning.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.