UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> weidman smashes anderson in the rematch

7/7/13 9:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. the aura is gone (ala fedor)

2. weidman knows he can hurt/ko anderson. im sure anderson got into his head a little bit when he started the clowning antics..weidman was actually landing hard shots but it seemed like anderson was impervious....weidman seemed less deliberate on his shots and wasnt sure if his hands were hurting anderson, but now he knows... now weidman can throw his hands and combo his takedowns with authority

3. anderson knows he must respect weidman's hands now...which opens up the takedowns

7/7/13 9:44 AM
UK Asylum

Anyone leans back that far and gets hit, its over.

Even by a glancing punch.

IF they rematch no doubt Anderson acts serious and trys to KO weidman.
7/7/13 9:45 AM

UK Asylum - Anyone leans back that far and gets hit, its over.

Even by a glancing punch.

IF they rematch no doubt Anderson acts serious and trys to KO weidman.

and if he acts serious weidman beats him

7/7/13 9:47 AM
UK Asylum

Dude have you ever been in a fight or trained? Everyone has a bad day.

Anderson asked weidman to punch him, its not like Weidman was dominating at all.
7/7/13 9:48 AM
ufc98newb
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think so. Anderson can easily stuff the takedowns once he gets timing and distance down. he will learn from this, and we will see a slightly more passive, on-guard Silva. I think Weidman can beat him again, but I also think Anderson has a good chance to get a 3rd or 4th rd knockout. Anderson has clowned before, but I think he started believing in his own hype a little too much after the bonnar fight, and took the clowning to another level. 

Can't wait to see the rematch. Anybody who thinks they know for sure how that fight goes is out of their minds.

7/7/13 9:49 AM
Leck Brosnar

The rematch will NEVER happen.
7/7/13 9:50 AM

UK Asylum - Dude have you ever been in a fight or trained? Everyone has a bad day.

Anderson asked weidman to punch him, its not like Weidman was dominating at all.

lol...u anderson fanbois are still in denial...even after you see him get taken down and beaten on...outsstruck on his feet and then KTFO cold you still think hes some infallible superhero

7/7/13 9:50 AM
Deepy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Anderson wants to win the rematch he needs to go out fighting like he did in the second match against Sonnen. There he was absolutely serious and showed some real killer instinct. He underestimated Weidman imo. He can beat him if he has the right mindset about it. Phone Post
7/7/13 9:51 AM
Darup

Silva probably won't take the rematch because he knows op is right. Weidman dominated in every aspect and would again.
7/7/13 9:51 AM

ufc98newb - 

I don't think so. Anderson can easily stuff the takedowns once he gets timing and distance down. he will learn from this, and we will see a slightly more passive, on-guard Silva. I think Weidman can beat him again, but I also think Anderson has a good chance to get a 3rd or 4th rd knockout. Anderson has clowned before, but I think he started believing in his own hype a little too much after the bonnar fight, and took the clowning to another level. 

Can't wait to see the rematch. Anybody who thinks they know for sure how that fight goes is out of their minds.

of course noone knows who will win and of course anderson can win, but i think his chances to beat weidman just dimished significantly after that loss...now weidman will be in HIS head...that is HUGE

7/7/13 9:52 AM
UK Asylum

So weidman was winning that 2nd round up until the ko?

no.

7/7/13 9:52 AM
Deepy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, and I was really happy to see Weidman win, but I still think Silva can beat him. Phone Post
7/7/13 9:53 AM

Deepy -  If Anderson wants to win the rematch he needs to go out fighting like he did in the second match against Sonnen. There he was absolutely serious and showed some real killer instinct. He underestimated Weidman imo. He can beat him if he has the right mindset about it. Phone Post

if he comes out with the killer instinct he gets taken down...weidman is very good at shooting when his opponent strikes...

anderson was "joking around" because thats how he goads you into striking so he can counter, which is his preference...he doesnt like to lead

7/7/13 9:55 AM
Doctor Snuggles

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
UK Asylum - Dude have you ever been in a fight or trained? Everyone has a bad day.

lol...u anderson fanbois are still in denial...even after you see him get taken down and beaten on...outsstruck on his feet and then KTFO cold you still think hes some infallible superhero

You do realize how ridiculous you look by not acknowledging that Silva practically gave that fight away, right? Yeah, he got outstruck because he tried for some inane reason to clown Weidman worse than Bonnar. He obviously isn't infallible, he just became deluded enough to think that he was.
7/7/13 9:57 AM
Jack Carter
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Asylum - Dude have you ever been in a fight or trained? Everyone has a bad day.

What if Chris was having a bad day? Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 9:58 AM
ufc98newb
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 

of course noone knows who will win and of course anderson can win, but i think his chances to beat weidman just dimished significantly after that loss...now weidman will be in HIS head...that is HUGE

That is something that CANNOT be overlooked. A guy who once thought he had an invincible chin getting ktfo can be a big game changer. Will it change him into a GSP or Machida like safe fighter? And if that happens, can he dominate with that style, though far less spectacularly? I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

7/7/13 9:59 AM

Doctor Snuggles - 

You do realize how ridiculous you look by not acknowledging that Silva practically gave that fight away, right? Yeah, he got outstruck because he tried for some inane reason to clown Weidman worse than Bonnar. He obviously isn't infallible, he just became deluded enough to think that he was.

lol...yeah im the one looking ridiculous..ive been predicting weidman to win for a year..i made over 500 on this fight...im coming out like roses fool...if you really think anderson wasnt taking weidman seriously you have no fucking clue...weidman was TAGGING anderson...

7/7/13 10:00 AM
Entreri

Yes, Weidman beats Anderson in a rematch. I think Weidman beats everyone else at MW...Vitor does have a chance.

When GSP lost to Serra, it was easy to see it was a fluke. Plus GSP was in his prime. GSP is no longer in his prime...Hendricks?

When Anderson lost to Weidman, it was due to his skill set vs. Anderson's.

Great wrestling, heavy hands, composure under pressure, PLUS he knows he beat the BEST EVER. Even more confidence.

I saw NO FEAR in Weidman's eyes. First time ever I saw that when fighting Anderson, this was in the entire match. Not even Chael had this.

Plus in a year, Anderson will be 39. Anderson will be slowing. Further, Weidman will have improved his striker even more.

If there is a rematch, Weidman takes Anderson, he has the right set of tools to beat him.
7/7/13 10:02 AM
REDRUM_NYC

Edited: 07/25/13 3:36 PM

What many people are missing is that Anderson chose to showboat specifically cause he knew he'd be able to buy time and try and throw Chris off his game. It was more of a survival tactic on Silva's part.  Silva wants none of the rematch cause now Weidman knows he can take Anderson's head and play basketball with it. 

7/7/13 10:05 AM
shootfightermike
709 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/788187920.gif?1373172092

7/7/13 10:08 AM

REDRUM_NYC - 

What many people are missing is that Anderson chose to showboat specifically cause he knew he'd be able to by time and try and throw Chris off his game. It was more of a survival tactic on Silva's part.  Silva wants none of the rematch cause now Weidman knows he can take Anderson's head and play basketball with it. 

this..people think he started with the showboating because he wasnt taking chris seriously and knew he wasnt a threat...chris just took anderson down like nothing, landed some HARD shots on his head..and had 2 decent submission attempts on him...RIGHT AFTER THAT anderson starts with the antics...what happened prior to that to make anderson not take chris seriously?

7/7/13 10:10 AM
ToxicShock

fuckin lol @ white america going crazy on Weidman hype now. The same people that were hanging off Chaels nuts afetr the first Silva fight.

What on earth did you see in that fight that indicated that Weidman was the better fighter? it literally could have been any MW in the UFC that pulled off the win last night. Silva was clowning around and got caught with a lucky shot, thats all there is to it. Nothing to do with Weidmans striking or anything else, it was one of multiple punches thrown that managed to land flush on a guy who had his hands at his waist and was joking around.
7/7/13 10:14 AM
aka_rtotheoh

lets not start this... im still quite depressed and shocked.... Phone Post
7/7/13 10:18 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman showed absolutely nothing special last night. Anderson was able to toy with him just as easily as anyone else he's fought. He was lighting Weidman up on the feet just as he always does to everybody. To sit here and say Weidman was just too good is stupid. Anderson beat Anderson last night. Weather u weidman nuthuggers wanna admit it or not is up to u but we all saw what went down and it wasn't Weidmans awesome skills that beat Anderson, it was Andy actin a fool with his hands down and chin out. Phone Post
7/7/13 10:28 AM
Blackbeard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha lol at "Weidman did nothing special". The fucking guy just beat the supposedly p4p best fighter in the world. Something no one has been able to do in 7 years... Yea you're right no big deal. What a ass clown. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.