UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My alternate take on the Silva KO

7/7/13 1:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yabadaba
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good analysis.You might find this interesting:

Jack Slack called it!!!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2197383&page=1&pc=23

7/7/13 1:38 PM
westleyyys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:40 PM
Naderhood
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - OP, do you think this fight was Fixed, meaning AS was asked to lose?

I got into a heated argument last night after the fight with a dude that said he was fighter 15-0, I knew he was full of shit, but he kept insisting the fight was fixed...it was a funny/heated argument.

I dont think it was fixed. That guy is also lying.

There was far more money to be made by Silva winning and then doing superfights. Weidman wont sell nearly as many PPV buys as Silva does either. UFC knows that Silva is close to retiring and Weidman can win the belt once he's done.

7/7/13 1:40 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/13 1:40 PM
Weidman also does a nice job of regaining his balance before the left that dropped Anderson, so that punch had power. The backfist occupied Anderson and gave Chris that extra instant to get re-balanced.
7/7/13 1:41 PM
Naderhood
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 

Good analysis.You might find this interesting:

Jack Slack called it!!!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2197383&page=1&pc=23

Wow, good call.

7/7/13 1:41 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1012 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't read but vote up for the short clip Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:42 PM
SuMBJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two things I think everyone misses:

1) Anderson keeps his hands at his hips to help stuff takedowns. It's not taunting simply to disrespect, he's not retarded.... he counts on his counter striking effectiveness and insane reflexes and head movement.

2) Anderson plays it off as if these shots don't hurt. They do. Even against Maia he got hit with a big shot that changed the fight. He stopped joking and was on his bike for two rounds (he was gassed as well).

His lights went out because he's human. The shots in the first round hurt him too. If Anderson fights Weidman with a high guard he will get taken down and worked over bad. He needs to find another way to adjust.
7/7/13 1:43 PM
evad6317
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good points OP, VU.
7/7/13 1:44 PM
smth416
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking Anderson knew he was in trouble if Weidman was able to land more takedowns. He was trying to bruise his ego enough to make him strike and got stupid. Phone Post
7/7/13 1:45 PM
UK Asylum

number 4.. We get taught that in muay thai and even if it doesnt land, it distracts just long enough to throw a left hook.

Shocking that it worked on anderson.
7/7/13 1:48 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should also add Nader,

I hear alot that bending at the waist for a lean like that is no good. You want to be bending the legs and turning the shoulders/body IMO. It looked like Anderson took the shot off balance, and even worse it really looked like he hit him while Anderson was 'limp necked' so to speak.

7/7/13 1:50 PM
Naderhood

UK Asylum - number 4.. We get taught that in muay thai and even if it doesnt land, it distracts just long enough to throw a left hook.

Shocking that it worked on anderson.
I like to teach it as a way of hiding the straight right coming after it. Same theory I guess. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:50 PM
UK Asylum

SubbedZER0 - 

I should also add Nader,

I hear alot that bending at the waist for a lean like that is no good. You want to be bending the legs and turning the shoulders/body IMO. It looked like Anderson took the shot off balance, and even worse it really looked like he hit him while Anderson was 'limp necked' so to speak.

Thats an understatement, theres no way he wasnt off balance.

If me or you lent that far back we would probally fall over.

7/7/13 1:51 PM
Naderhood

SubbedZER0 -

I should also add Nader,

We actually just worked on this at the gym the other day, leaning back with the legs rather than at the waist. The biggest reason is so once u slip a punch you're ready immediately to fire a punch or kick without having to first regain your balance and retransfer weight to load up Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:52 PM
DiscipleDojo
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The secret is the distracting backfist.

7/7/13 1:59 PM
Il Duce
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd also like to contribute that I think the 2nd left hook, the one that caught him while he was mock stanky legging the first left, actually hurt him a little. I don't think he expected and absorbed that one well either. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:01 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Asylum - 
SubbedZER0 - 

I should also add Nader,

Thats an understatement, theres no way he wasnt off balance.

If me or you lent that far back we would probally fall over.

at the very least I would begin backpeddaling and slam into something like I just walked into a stiff jab

7/7/13 2:02 PM
daba

UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS - 

Wolfman will show up here shortly and explain why ur wrong, say he's taught this exact thing and post one of his videos.

This.
And like others have said point #4 regarding the backfist seems dead on. Thanks for your take!
7/7/13 2:02 PM
Bawls
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alternative take?

More like an excellent opinion and probably the correct one Phone Post
7/7/13 2:05 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First thing I noticed after, which my friend mentioned since i was still kinda in shock of the whole thing is that look at close Weidman was to Anderson when he started the clowning in R2 when he got clipped. His feet were not moving like they were against Forrest. Weidman's jab hand was nearly able to touch Anderson already.

I think this both about the decline of Anderson AND the rise of Weidman, bottom line.
7/7/13 2:13 PM
45forever
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 2:15 PM
Todd Lally

that was the worst thing a stand up fighter could do! not even armature boxers square up and pull there head back with there chin exposed! Anderson had no were to go if Chris just kept moving forward with punches! (chin was out there to get hit)

Horrible technique shown by Silva! But, sometimes people believe there own hype!

This guy could never box ROY JR!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY MMA GUYS.

But what do I know?
7/7/13 2:29 PM
spliff
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd Lally - that was the worst thing a stand up fighter could do! not even armature boxers square up and pull there head back with there chin exposed! Anderson had no were to go if Chris just kept moving forward with punches! (chin was out there to get hit)

Horrible technique shown by Silva! But, sometimes people believe there own hype!

This guy could never box ROY JR!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY MMA GUYS.

But what do I know?

roy jones isnt really that technical of a boxer.. not saying he wasn't a goat in his prime but he just relied on his speed and reflexes.
7/7/13 2:38 PM
dudefromisrael
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very good points op. I would just add that Silva tends to get hit by grapplers more because he keeps his hands down more, to defend the td Phone Post
7/7/13 2:39 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice job Nader Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.