UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was Anderson Silva disrespectful?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/7/13 5:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chaplinshouse
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine if Greg Jackson were Weidman's coach

Greg:  Don't get drawn into his game! That's his game.  He's better than you there! Run! Stick and run! Run for your life!

Ray:  PUNCH A FUCKING HOLE IN HIS CHEST!

7/7/13 5:46 PM
6ULDV8
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"PUNCH A HOLE IN HS FUCKING CHEST!'

Ray Longo - 2016

7/7/13 5:49 PM
Wasa-B
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QQmoar - First off like most i feel as if Silva got what he deserved. But it is a strategy he uses.. whether it was disrespectful or not is really irrelevant. If Silva won (which he obvi has in the past) we'd be sitting here talking about how fucking amazing this fucker is and how we wish we could do the shit he does and blah blah blah.

and their is a huge difference between this fight and the damian fight. The fight with Damian he couldnt strike with Silva and couldnt take him down. So he was just standing there as silva basically fucked with him and treated him like shit and wouldnt engage at all. This fight, weidman didnt just stand there, he went after him and it wasnt like silva didnt swing either. Silva missed a shit load in the first round and the beginning of the second.. the movement of weidman was definately something silva didnt expect. I dont remember watching silva throw 5-6 punches and miss. he normally lands atleast half clean.

Honestly Silva has little to gain or lose here.. Hes already going down as the greatest to do it and he makes the most money.. So by him losing the rematch sets up such a money maker.

As for the superfights: lets be serious, Silva wanted nothing to do with Jones as jones is soo much bigger and stronger he would just put him on the ground and fuck his life up. and GSP didnt want to go to middleweight because if he lost to Silva his career would be basically over. There is a huge risk to fighting title for title. it normally doesnt work out for the person who loses.

Also, look at GSP.. hes not a young guy anymore. Hes getting up there in age and definately has looked shakey in his last 2 fights. with all these young guys coming up who just want it more. The ones at the top who are already successful will find it more difficult to stay there.

definately am looking forward to seeing a rematch though. If silva wants to fight this seriously no BS itll be a war.

" First off like most i feel as if Silva got what he deserved. But it is a strategy he uses.. whether it was disrespectful or not is really irrelevant."

Agreed, im an Anderson fan and was going for him but there's a flipside to pulling that shit in that it can be viewed as disrespectful to some and more embarassing when you lose and its risky but risks also has rewards and he was always rewarded for it. No one can do it forever.

But more importantly, i agree its irrelevant if its a strategy. That trumps "respect."
7/7/13 5:49 PM
Wasa-B
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - 

Greg:  Don't get drawn into his game! That's his game.  He's better than you there! Run! Stick and run! Run for your life!

Except you left out the part where Ray also said "Dont get drawn into his game."

Andy haters, Fedor haters, Jackson haters.....
7/7/13 5:52 PM
Lurkdaddy316
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No dishespect, jus geemplan. Ees normal.
7/7/13 5:58 PM
badboyhere
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAtador - 
caposa -
badboyhere - At the end of the day, some things can be seen as disrespectful, but its also a fight.. his respect came at the end when he called Weidman the best. one thing is for sure; the booing at the end was disrespectful when silva took the mic...

This really made me sick. The true disrespect came from the fans in that arena.

At the end of the day The Fans are the ones Who you have to impress. Had silva gotten knocked out without all the shenanigans the crowd would have honored him properly. Instead they told him what a jerk he was being. Phone Post

oh you mean the fans that paid to see the guy that does this all the time all of a sudden boo'ed him while they were laughing and loving the show silva was putting on....then ohhh how quickly they turn when he gets caught!!!

all of a sudden they have morals about the fight...

give me a break... 2 faced backstabbing world
7/7/13 6:06 PM
QQmoar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

totally agree.. the bar i was at here in North Carolina was going ballistic during the first round and early in the second loving what Silva was doing.. including myself.. Its jsut a crazy wild thing to do and hes the only one who can pull it off. (maybe JJones soon) but as soon as he got caught the bar was like "that fucker got what he deserved!!"

fucking hipocrits.

I bet the people saying its disrespectful are Diaz nuthuggers who slurp them up when they do the same shit..
7/7/13 6:15 PM
QQmoar

Wasa-B - 
QQmoar - First off like most i feel as if Silva got what he deserved. But it is a strategy he uses.. whether it was disrespectful or not is really irrelevant. If Silva won (which he obvi has in the past) we'd be sitting here talking about how fucking amazing this fucker is and how we wish we could do the shit he does and blah blah blah.

and their is a huge difference between this fight and the damian fight. The fight with Damian he couldnt strike with Silva and couldnt take him down. So he was just standing there as silva basically fucked with him and treated him like shit and wouldnt engage at all. This fight, weidman didnt just stand there, he went after him and it wasnt like silva didnt swing either. Silva missed a shit load in the first round and the beginning of the second.. the movement of weidman was definately something silva didnt expect. I dont remember watching silva throw 5-6 punches and miss. he normally lands atleast half clean.

Honestly Silva has little to gain or lose here.. Hes already going down as the greatest to do it and he makes the most money.. So by him losing the rematch sets up such a money maker.

As for the superfights: lets be serious, Silva wanted nothing to do with Jones as jones is soo much bigger and stronger he would just put him on the ground and fuck his life up. and GSP didnt want to go to middleweight because if he lost to Silva his career would be basically over. There is a huge risk to fighting title for title. it normally doesnt work out for the person who loses.

Also, look at GSP.. hes not a young guy anymore. Hes getting up there in age and definately has looked shakey in his last 2 fights. with all these young guys coming up who just want it more. The ones at the top who are already successful will find it more difficult to stay there.

definately am looking forward to seeing a rematch though. If silva wants to fight this seriously no BS itll be a war.

" First off like most i feel as if Silva got what he deserved. But it is a strategy he uses.. whether it was disrespectful or not is really irrelevant."

Agreed, im an Anderson fan and was going for him but there's a flipside to pulling that shit in that it can be viewed as disrespectful to some and more embarassing when you lose and its risky but risks also has rewards and he was always rewarded for it. No one can do it forever.

But more importantly, i agree its irrelevant if its a strategy. That trumps "respect."

I love the showboating when you can back it up... and he always could.. why people enjoyed the loss last night is just mind boggling.

Heres a guy who literally does things no one else can do. Every fight we all sit back and go "WoW!! wtf!".. and you guys act like you dont want to see that anymore..

i hope he kills weidman in the rematch and keeps diong what he does for another 10 years.. cuz we wont see it again for a long time..
7/7/13 6:27 PM
Liyon
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/13 6:30 PM
<blockquote>6ULDV8 - <p>
My thinkiing is that Anderson Silva is a boss of bosses and had this all mapped out.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
If he could showboat and try to get loose and go alpha mode and beat the shit out of Weidman, that's what would have happened.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
If he started showboating and trying to get loose and Weidman could really beat that, then Weidman deserved to take it.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
AS's class, doing the closing interview in English even though he got booed, and the respect he showed leads me to believe that even though Weidman crushed him, he only did so because AS decided it was time to be crushed.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
When asked about a rematch he said fuck off and let me relax for a while and let him be champion for a bit.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Classy as fuck.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Anderson Silva has pissed me the fuck off before with his antics, but tonight I got a little choked up and might have even had tears in my eyes when he gave his close.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
He's in charge of himself, like a fucking boss.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
If he comes back great.  If he decides he doesn't want to and does other things, great.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Tell you what though, The Spider decides what's going to happen to the Spider. No one else.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Fucking alpha to the max, even in defeat if you want to call it that.  </p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
God I love this game sometimes.</p></blockquote><br />VTFU. End Thread.

7/7/13 6:30 PM
rockyboy

yes, and he paid dearly...it may seems OK when you're being an ass clowning ppl, but remember that when you hit that road down, a lot of ppl are going to be there and help it sinking faster
7/7/13 6:30 PM
mcq

chaplinshouse -

:-) Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 6:33 PM
Wasa-B

Liyon - <blockquote>6ULDV8 - <p>
My thinkiing is that Anderson Silva is a boss of bosses and had this all mapped out.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
If he could showboat and try to get loose and go alpha mode and beat the shit out of Weidman, that's what would have happened.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
If he started showboating and trying to get loose and Weidman could really beat that, then Weidman deserved to take it.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
AS's class, doing the closing interview in English even though he got booed, and the respect he showed leads me to believe that even though Weidman crushed him, he only did so because AS decided it was time to be crushed.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
When asked about a rematch he said fuck off and let me relax for a while and let him be champion for a bit.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Classy as fuck.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Anderson Silva has pissed me the fuck off before with his antics, but tonight I got a little choked up and might have even had tears in my eyes when he gave his close.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
He's in charge of himself, like a fucking boss.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
If he comes back great.  If he decides he doesn't want to and does other things, great.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Tell you what though, The Spider decides what's going to happen to the Spider. No one else.</p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
Fucking alpha to the max, even in defeat if you want to call it that.  </p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
God I love this game sometimes.</p></blockquote><br />VTFU. End Thread.

Yeah, his Maia antics pissed me off because he couldnt deliver anything beyond that. Last night, it was more attempt to take control of the fight when he was outmatched, it was the right thing to do. He went out trying to play his game. He can be weird, cocky even but in the end, he gave Weidman his respect and acknolwedged imo that he may not want to be the champ anymore.
7/7/13 6:34 PM
Jetlife

FullyLoadedFists - Got what he deserved. Phone Post
Wish I could vote you down but I voted up someone instead. You miserable cunt still think what he did against forest as amazing, no? Well ill tell you how he just got caught... Did Weidman try to back hand Anderson after he clipped him with a left? That to me shows Weidman was lost for a second throwing arms just to touch silva. Then of course he connected and best of luck to him. Let him hold that belt for the next 10 years become goat. But you being a fuckface needs to stop fuckface Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 6:35 PM
chaplinshouse
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/13 6:35 PM
Wasa-B - 
chaplinshouse - 

Except you left out the part where Ray also said "Dont get drawn into his game."

big difference between that, and telling your guy to stick and run in this case.  greg meant it as telling him to run. weidman didn't get chased once, always had forward pressure

7/7/13 9:37 PM
Bipolar

Jetlife - 
Wish I could vote you down but I voted up someone instead. You miserable cunt still think what he did against forest as amazing, no? Well ill tell you how he just got caught... Did Weidman try to back hand Anderson after he clipped him with a left? That to me shows Weidman was lost for a second throwing arms just to touch silva. Then of course he connected and best of luck to him. Let him hold that belt for the next 10 years become goat. But you being a fuckface needs to stop fuckface Phone Post 3.0

BaHahahaHaha!

Losing your composure, just like your arrogant, disrespectful hero who couldn't handle Weidman in a straight up fight.

So satisfying to see little blind, ignorant, uneducated, historically challenged, characterless bitches like you cry their eyes out. You and those like you live in a freakin mindless, adolescent fishbowl. In ancient times, if a man would have acted with such arrogant and foolish disrespect to an opponent, he would have been encouraged to commit suicide for his shameless behavior. And he would have done it, too. But today, men have become boys. Our society has no shame or respect. Our rapidly devolving culture knows nothing and cares nothing of virtue and integrity at all. Only a pathetic little dunce could possibly idolize a shameful person like Silva. Silva is an extraordinarily gifted fighter, but he is a pathetic, dishonorable man. And if you think his 'humble' remarks after the fight - which were the sole product of a humiliating defeat - prove otherwise, the only thing that has been proven is that you think like a boy, not a man.
7/7/13 10:40 PM
Jetlife

Bipolar -
Jetlife - 

BaHahahaHaha!

Losing your composure, just like your arrogant, disrespectful hero who couldn't handle Weidman in a straight up fight.

So satisfying to see little blind, ignorant, uneducated, historically challenged, characterless bitches like you cry their eyes out. You and those like you live in a freakin mindless, adolescent fishbowl. In ancient times, if a man would have acted with such arrogant and foolish disrespect to an opponent, he would have been encouraged to commit suicide for his shameless behavior. And he would have done it, too. But today, men have become boys. Our society has no shame or respect. Our rapidly devolving culture knows nothing and cares nothing of virtue and integrity at all. Only a pathetic little dunce could possibly idolize a shameful person like Silva. Silva is an extraordinarily gifted fighter, but he is a pathetic, dishonorable man. And if you think his 'humble' remarks after the fight - which were the sole product of a humiliating defeat - prove otherwise, the only thing that has been proven is that you think like a boy, not a man.
Didn't read but how about some respect? You guys so quick, jumping from one wagon to another, it's hard to catch up. The dude said silva got what he deserved, well, I disagree. Silva is a good fucking fighter. I can't just say fuck this dude he lost. Weidman did win and that's great. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:44 PM
Jetlife

Jetlife -
Bipolar -
Jetlife - 

BaHahahaHaha!

Didn't read but how about some respect? You guys so quick, jumping from one wagon to another, it's hard to catch up. The dude said silva got what he deserved, well, I disagree. Silva is a good fucking fighter. I can't just say fuck this dude he lost. Weidman did win and that's great. Phone Post 3.0
Ok. I read some of your response. Why would you care what fighters are like outside the ring? Do you follow kardashians also? Stop being a gossiping bitch. You don't know silva, you don't know weidman so stop assuming. Fact is silva lost/weidman won. He'd still be a winner even if he chocked a kitty prefight. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:45 PM
Jetlife

Jetlife -
Jetlife -
Bipolar -
Jetlife - 

BaHahahaHaha!

Ok. I read some of your response. Why would you care what fighters are like outside the ring? Do you follow kardashians also? Stop being a gossiping bitch. You don't know silva, you don't know weidman so stop assuming. Fact is silva lost/weidman won. He'd still be a winner even if he chocked a kitty prefight. Phone Post 3.0
And I actually didn't see the fight. The gif posted was enough for me. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 2:41 AM
StretchPlum

Edited: 07/08/13 2:41 AM
I look down on anyone who does that shit in a ring or cage, just like Evans grabbing his crotch. It's the lowest element of U.S. culture. Poor sportsmanship should be severely punished.
7/8/13 2:46 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got Cocky against a fighter who wasn't scared of him. Sometimes we have to fail in life to learn and Anderson found out the hard way what can happen when you don't protect yourself. Phone Post
7/8/13 9:12 AM
Ironhouse
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Spider was mad that so many people picked against him despite all of his accomplishments and he set out to make them feel stupid. He got even more mad that Chris was trying to Sonnen him. Much like with Bonner, Silva seems to get upset that people think he doesn't have any skills off his back so they try to GnP him. Well, this time it didn't work.

Now we get to see if he truly is great because a great fighter would go home, train hard, come back and do everything he could to reclaim what was formerly his.
7/8/13 9:19 AM
6ULDV8
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was trying to get loose.  No disrespect at all.

TTT

7/8/13 9:26 AM
sacredhate
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
chaplinshouse - 

exactly.
7/8/13 10:55 AM
kluemaster
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not trying to start anything here, but it's not just US culture. Last I checked Anderson was Brazilian. My point is that we are all equal and the world has always been a disrespectful place. Blaming it on one country is misplaced.
7/8/13 11:37 AM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When he does this and pulls it off, he's living in the fucking Matrix. Then, when he finally gets caught, everybody loses their fucking mind.

It's part of his arsenal, people. Don't act like all of a sudden he started clowning like he didn't know what the hell he was doing in there.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.