UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was Anderson Silva disrespectful?

7/8/13 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Godmode
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When he does this and pulls it off, he's living in the fucking Matrix. Then, when he finally gets caught, everybody loses their fucking mind.

It's part of his arsenal, people. Don't act like all of a sudden he started clowning like he didn't know what the hell he was doing in there.
7/8/13 12:10 PM
TheHaunted2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Godmode - When he does this and pulls it off, he's living in the fucking Matrix. Then, when he finally gets caught, everybody loses their fucking mind.

It's part of his arsenal, people. Don't act like all of a sudden he started clowning like he didn't know what the hell he was doing in there.
Would you not think he got a bit silly with it this time? Phone Post
7/8/13 12:32 PM
crzyJenks
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It comes off as disrespectful, but I thought anderson was doing it to piss off weidman and to get him to stand and trade.  And it worked, Chris did start to stand with him except this time Anderson was caught and he proved to be human.  I train out of SerraLongo so there is no secret I was rooting for him, but I was at the edge of my seat when Anderson showboating.  I was afraid it would get Chris pissed off and he would lose composure and get caught up in Andersons games.  But his belief that he could get him even standing won him the fight.  Hats off to Weidman, I hope to see him as the champ for a long long time to come.

7/8/13 12:47 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

MMAtador - He's been disrespecting fighters for some time now with that classless style of fighting. It's been accepted for a longtime since he always gets the win. Times up..... He got what he deserved. Phone Post
This 100% Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 1:24 PM
Godmode
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHaunted2 - 
Godmode - When he does this and pulls it off, he's living in the fucking Matrix. Then, when he finally gets caught, everybody loses their fucking mind.

Still, it's part of his game. He did that against a bunch of his oponents. If Bonnar clipped him on the button and KOed him after the "back-to-the-cage-clowning", you probably would feel the same way -- or when he was dropping his hands and getting tagged by Sonnen, or when he was doing the same with Okami (before he dropped him with a jab)...

Dude, that's his game. There's some clip on youtube of him clowing Ryan Bader on TUF in a sparring session. That's the way he trains and fights. He wins fights before they're over with that. This time, he got caught and that's all.

People are blowing this way out of proportion because of~their emotional attachment with the Anderson Silva persona and legacy -- which is understandable, but don't act dumbfounded like you expected he wasn't going get caught one day...
7/8/13 1:38 PM
Godmode

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
MMAtador - He's been disrespecting fighters for some time now with that classless style of fighting. It's been accepted for a longtime since he always gets the win. Times up..... He got what he deserved. Phone Post
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

Dude, it's a fight. That's a two people meeting inside a cage who have been training for months (or a whole life) to fight that one other dude. We can romanticize all we want, but at the end of the day it's still a fight.

And it's not like he's a fucking asshole to people before or after the fights. That's what he does. That's how he trains and fights. That's the setup to his wins. He breaks people mentally with that -- and he has been pretty fucking sucessful with that approach. Dude, if he has that weapon, why would he use it?! He knows it works, he knows exactly what hes doing when he does it.

Why are you acting like that it's not a valid technique /or weapon of his arsenal. Do you think if any fighter knew he could pull it off he wouldn't do it? Come on.
7/8/13 2:43 PM
TheHaunted2

Godmode -
TheHaunted2 - 

Still, it's part of his game. He did that against a bunch of his oponents. If Bonnar clipped him on the button and KOed him after the "back-to-the-cage-clowning", you probably would feel the same way -- or when he was dropping his hands and getting tagged by Sonnen, or when he was doing the same with Okami (before he dropped him with a jab)...

Dude, that's his game. There's some clip on youtube of him clowing Ryan Bader on TUF in a sparring session. That's the way he trains and fights. He wins fights before they're over with that. This time, he got caught and that's all.

People are blowing this way out of proportion because of~their emotional attachment with the Anderson Silva persona and legacy -- which is understandable, but don't act dumbfounded like you expected he wasn't going get caught one day...
I agree, but to me it seemed totally ridiculous. Doing the fake hurt stuff etc, it was just over the top, even by andersons standards! Phone Post
7/8/13 3:08 PM
Dana Stern

He got what he deserved, he was extremely disrespectful and has been for a long time. Who else do you see act like that in the cage? It would be hard to think of very many. The most satisfying moment in the history of me being a fan of the sport! A cocky, immature, disrespectful bully getting knocked out in front of millions on TV!!! Priceless lololol Phone Post
7/8/13 5:41 PM
rjbo71

"Fans came here to see a fight," said White. "They saw a pretty good fight tonight. Is it disrespectful? I don't know.

"It's fighting. How the hell do you disrespect somebody in a fight?

Yeah, that is not what this is. It is not some street-fight. It is a contest between two professionals. And there is absolutely a code of conduct. And most fighter will acknowledge this if they have any decency and are honest.

I hope there is a rematch so we can see anderson get knocked out.. again.

7/8/13 5:46 PM
rjbo71

GSP24 - It has worked for him in the past. Weidman looked "shook" after the 1st round. I don't think it was disrespectful to his opponent but more so to the fans.

I was pissed to see him lose like that. Fucking stupid. I didn't sleep at all that night.

Still the GOAT. Phone Post 3.0

I am so sick of this bullshit.

Why did forrest run out of the cage (as ridiculous as it was) because he felt embarrassed - not because he lost but because of Andersons antics.

If you were fight him and he motions to you to hit his face and then pretends that he got knocked out -tell me you would not feel like he was being disrespectful! If you say no you are a liar.

7/8/13 8:27 PM
Braziliant

Edited: 07/08/13 8:27 PM
I love it when some MMA fans put on the noble act and call Silva's taunting "disrespectful". This is the fight business. Two individuals are faced against each other in a cage with the intention of hurting one another. Take your respect, and fuck off. This is the one sport it doesn't belong in.
7/8/13 8:38 PM
choadler
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Braziliant - I love it when some MMA fans put on the noble act and call Silva's taunting "disrespectful". This is the fight business. Two individuals are faced against each other in a cage with the intention of hurting one another. Take your respect, and fuck off. This is the one sport it doesn't belong in.

Not true. They are professionals, and they should be respectful. Look at, say, Stann v Wanderlei. Nothing but respect, even though they fucking smashed each other. That's the way it should be.

Let me just say that I don't think Anderson was being disrespectful. So many years, so many build up's, so many dominant victories. He did not want to lose, but I think he was maybe bored and thrived off of the challenge. I think he is at the point that he was welcoming a knockout, his or Weidmans. Really, I think there was a challenge that Anderson was trying to get out of Weidman.  Because it was anderson, no. Not disrespectful.

Listen to the post interview. Anderson was the nicest he had ever been. He was relieved.

7/8/13 10:04 PM
rjbo71

Braziliant - I love it when some MMA fans put on the noble act and call Silva's taunting "disrespectful". This is the fight business. Two individuals are faced against each other in a cage with the intention of hurting one another. Take your respect, and fuck off. This is the one sport it doesn't belong in.

Your the kind of fan that gives the sport a bad name. You think it is a streetfight because you are too stupid to understand anything deeper than that.

7/9/13 1:22 AM
badboyhere
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Godmode - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

Dude, it's a fight. That's a two people meeting inside a cage who have been training for months (or a whole life) to fight that one other dude. We can romanticize all we want, but at the end of the day it's still a fight.

And it's not like he's a fucking asshole to people before or after the fights. That's what he does. That's how he trains and fights. That's the setup to his wins. He breaks people mentally with that -- and he has been pretty fucking sucessful with that approach. Dude, if he has that weapon, why would he use it?! He knows it works, he knows exactly what hes doing when he does it.

Why are you acting like that it's not a valid technique /or weapon of his arsenal. Do you think if any fighter knew he could pull it off he wouldn't do it? Come on.

EXACTLY!!! its a fight.... let it be.. Muhammad ali was the same way.. it was funny, except when he was a dick to joe frazier, but its a show as well...

WHAT ALL THESE NEWBIES/OLD SCHOOL MARTIAL ARTIST/AND CRITICS FAIL TO SEE:

1. silva will bow before/sometimes after every fight to the crowd and his opponent in most cases to show respect
2. he was sure he would beat Weidman standing up and never thought he would connect; I STRONGLY feel that after the first round, he continued to use these tactics more to keep it STANDING!!
3. in the pre-fight interviews, after the fight, and anywhere except during, he shows much class..

BUT WHEN THE GODDAMN BELL RINGS, if youre not him or chris Weidman, nor have you ever been an opponent against him, then YOU have no right to judge what it takes to win, the strategy employed, or gauge the way he lives his life by what he does inside the ring...
(he's not flippin people off, grabbing his nuts, etc.. hes taunting them)

if you cant see he's a respectful guy who loves his family and his students, gives many respectful interviews, and who in defeat, gives praise to the one that beat him,then youre just simply a fukn idiot..
7/9/13 2:03 AM
rjbo71

badboyhere - 
Godmode - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

EXACTLY!!! its a fight.... let it be.. Muhammad ali was the same way.. it was funny, except when he was a dick to joe frazier, but its a show as well...

1. silva will bow before/sometimes after every fight to the crowd and his opponent in most cases to show respect
2. he was sure he would beat Weidman standing up and never thought he would connect; I STRONGLY feel that after the first round, he continued to use these tactics more to keep it STANDING!!
3. in the pre-fight interviews, after the fight, and anywhere except during, he shows much class..

BUT WHEN THE GODDAMN BELL RINGS, if youre not him or chris Weidman, nor have you ever been an opponent against him, then YOU have no right to judge what it takes to win, the strategy employed, or gauge the way he lives his life by what he does inside the ring...

if you cant see he's a respectful guy who loves his family and his students, gives many respectful interviews, and who in defeat, gives praise to the one that beat him,then youre just simply a fukn idiot..

Ali regretted his behavior towards Frazier and admitted it was wrong.

As far as no right to judge? LOL Who are you? As fans WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT! LOL AT respectful - pull your head out of andersons ass. 

It is a contest between two professionals. That kind of immature bullshit should be left to the retards behind the club.

7/9/13 2:48 AM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ali's casting of Frazier as the Uncle Tom is worlds lower than anything any MMA fighter has done and I was no longer a fan of his after finding out.

But yeah, any fan can "judge," that's what fans do.

But to me its how a fighter conducts himself after the fight, when its all said and done that reflects their true colors. Chael may be a dick but he played it up to sell the fight, and after he lost, he took it like a man. Same with Anderson. In fact, Anderson addressed the crowd in fcking English on how Chris is now the champ and the best. That's not the time to boo someone esp a f'cking legend who's addressing something like that.

As for a contest bet 2 professionals, its strategy that professionals have used forever and in this situation, this professional has made it work like a pro. I dont mind if it comes off a disrespectul because that is the intention during the fight. Same goes for Diaz, they are trying to goad the other to fighting the fight they want. But Diaz still whines a whole lot after he loses. Anderson couldnt have praised Weidman more and was very accepting of defeat.
7/9/13 10:21 AM
badboyhere
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - 
Godmode - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

As far as no right to judge? LOL Who are you? As fans WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT! LOL AT respectful - pull your head out of andersons ass. 

It is a contest between two professionals. That kind of immature bullshit should be left to the retards behind the club.

ohhh maybe I should of rephrased it.... your gay opinion of respect inside a cage fight is irrelevant.. pull your head out of your own ass and wake up to the reality that it is a fight and its a strategy that has been used by many fighters for years.

ali, sugar ray leonard, nick and nate diaz, rory macdonald, rashad evans, prince naseem, mickey ward, gatti, mayorga, Emanuel augustus, mayweather and roy jones are just a few I can think of.....

you shouldn't be watching ufc or boxing.. you should be watching a karate tournament at church..

FYI-I was pulling for Weidman
7/9/13 10:46 AM
JStrongMMA

Silva was absolutely disrespectful. Silva doesn't clown with guys he takes seriously ie: Vitor, Chael. But when he steps in there with guys that have rudimentary striking and are much slower ie: Maia, Forrest, Bonnar he acts like an idiot. Silva clowned around with the wrong guy and deserved to get clipped and mauled. Phone Post
7/9/13 11:07 AM
rjbo71

badboyhere - 
rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - 
Godmode - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

ohhh maybe I should of rephrased it.... your gay opinion of respect inside a cage fight is irrelevant.. pull your head out of your own ass and wake up to the reality that it is a fight and its a strategy that has been used by many fighters for years.

ali, sugar ray leonard, nick and nate diaz, rory macdonald, rashad evans, prince naseem, mickey ward, gatti, mayorga, Emanuel augustus, mayweather and roy jones are just a few I can think of.....

you shouldn't be watching ufc or boxing.. you should be watching a karate tournament at church..

FYI-I was pulling for Weidman

LOL at your name. The typical WWE guy that is attricted to drama and artless brawls, and boos when it goes to the ground. You probably prance around in your badboy and affliction attire like you are the king of the world.

I get that.

But, your wrong.

7/9/13 11:12 AM
Jetster

badboyhere - Was he disrespectful??? hmmmm good question...
or was it marketing???

weigh-in....put his face on weidmans to intimidate

touch gloves at beginning of fight....Weidman tried to and Anderson did not extend his arm to do so

silva was making a mockery and calling weidmans punches weak by acting to be wobbled and then tapping his jaw to hit him again

silva then put his arms out to show theres a crowd here and lets put on a show..

was it to get in his head? was it to say im ready for a challenge and getting bored of the same ole thing? was it to entice Weidman to move in and counter?
perhaps silva didn't like the way he was taken to the ground and manhandled to an extent, so quickly, so he begged for the standup..

At the end of the day, some things can be seen as disrespectful, but its also a fight.. his respect came at the end when he called Weidman the best. one thing is for sure; the booing at the end was disrespectful when silva took the mic...

possibly the best post...

Cheers
7/9/13 11:23 AM
juszczec
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

role model - Silva bought his own stock a bit too much. You can only do shit like that against world class fighters for so long before you end up paying the price. And I hate to mention that his reflexes aren't gonna be any faster after that KO and the follow up shots.

VTFU

Sliva's been playing a dangerous game with that tactic. His skill (and maybe some luck, can't discount luck) have kept him out of trouble before but if ya go the well too often something like that is gonna happen.

Let's face it - the guys Sliva does this to are NOT your ordinary slobs. We're talking about people with the genetics to be professional athletes. Risky, high stakes game to play.
7/9/13 11:29 AM
TightTriangle
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a fucking awesome fighter for sure, but if anyone's 'fake' in the UFC it's AS. All that bullshit when he gets on his knees and puts the belt at the feet of the guy he just mauled after taunting him during the fight was always unbelievably hypocritical and disingenuous.

I don't mind a bit of taunting like the Diaz bros do, but at least they don't act as though they're some sort of respectful martial artist after like AS has been doing these past few years. I'm glad Weidman showed him he wasn't going to be overwhelmed by it all and taught the old dog a lesson. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 12:44 PM
Jetster

Ironhouse - The Spider was mad that so many people picked against him despite all of his accomplishments and he set out to make them feel stupid. He got even more mad that Chris was trying to Sonnen him. Much like with Bonner, Silva seems to get upset that people think he doesn't have any skills off his back so they try to GnP him. Well, this time it didn't work.

Now we get to see if he truly is great because a great fighter would go home, train hard, come back and do everything he could to reclaim what was formerly his.

WTF! OMG! seriously now we get to see if he really is great! Lmao ya everything he has done means nothing! Please kill yourself! lol
7/9/13 1:19 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jetster - 
badboyhere - Was he disrespectful??? hmmmm good question...
or was it marketing???

weigh-in....put his face on weidmans to intimidate

touch gloves at beginning of fight....Weidman tried to and Anderson did not extend his arm to do so

silva was making a mockery and calling weidmans punches weak by acting to be wobbled and then tapping his jaw to hit him again

silva then put his arms out to show theres a crowd here and lets put on a show..

was it to get in his head? was it to say im ready for a challenge and getting bored of the same ole thing? was it to entice Weidman to move in and counter?
perhaps silva didn't like the way he was taken to the ground and manhandled to an extent, so quickly, so he begged for the standup..

At the end of the day, some things can be seen as disrespectful, but its also a fight.. his respect came at the end when he called Weidman the best. one thing is for sure; the booing at the end was disrespectful when silva took the mic...

possibly the best post...

Cheers

Exactly. What happens in the fights are done to try and win the fight. In terms of respect, imo, its more imporant that its shown after the fight than during.

Case in point with someone like Nick Diaz. He does the same thing in the fights, he tries to goad the other into his fight but he still whines and discredits after he loses. Or Nate after the Thomson loss. Chael, for all this antics leading up to fights, he is always business during the fights and take the losses like a man. Did Anderson whine about the rules or Weidman's style of fighting afterwards? Or did Anderson acknowledge that Weidman is now the man and to respect the new champ?
7/9/13 2:07 PM
6ULDV8

I really believe that Silva was trying to put Weidman in his world, but it didn't work.

I don't think he was trying to disrespect Weidman, I think he had a lot of respect for Weidman and was trying to push getting into his 'zone' as fast as he could.

The words he spoke at the end made me tear up.  There sure as hell wasn't any disrespect there and he didn't have a translator with him.  He took the boos and plowed on in English with complete and total respect for America and Weidman like the boss that he is.

Anderson Silva is on another level and it's not disrespectul for him to believe in himself no matter what.  That's what's made him The Spider.

TTT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.