UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was Anderson Silva disrespectful?

7/9/13 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
badboyhere
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - 
rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - 
Godmode - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
MMAtador - He's been disrespecting fighters for some time now with that classless style of fighting. It's been accepted for a longtime since he always gets the win. Times up..... He got what he deserved. Phone Post
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

Dude, it's a fight. That's a two people meeting inside a cage who have been training for months (or a whole life) to fight that one other dude. We can romanticize all we want, but at the end of the day it's still a fight.

And it's not like he's a fucking asshole to people before or after the fights. That's what he does. That's how he trains and fights. That's the setup to his wins. He breaks people mentally with that -- and he has been pretty fucking sucessful with that approach. Dude, if he has that weapon, why would he use it?! He knows it works, he knows exactly what hes doing when he does it.

Why are you acting like that it's not a valid technique /or weapon of his arsenal. Do you think if any fighter knew he could pull it off he wouldn't do it? Come on.

EXACTLY!!! its a fight.... let it be.. Muhammad ali was the same way.. it was funny, except when he was a dick to joe frazier, but its a show as well...

WHAT ALL THESE NEWBIES/OLD SCHOOL MARTIAL ARTIST/AND CRITICS FAIL TO SEE:

1. silva will bow before/sometimes after every fight to the crowd and his opponent in most cases to show respect
2. he was sure he would beat Weidman standing up and never thought he would connect; I STRONGLY feel that after the first round, he continued to use these tactics more to keep it STANDING!!
3. in the pre-fight interviews, after the fight, and anywhere except during, he shows much class..

BUT WHEN THE GODDAMN BELL RINGS, if youre not him or chris Weidman, nor have you ever been an opponent against him, then YOU have no right to judge what it takes to win, the strategy employed, or gauge the way he lives his life by what he does inside the ring...
(he's not flippin people off, grabbing his nuts, etc.. hes taunting them)

if you cant see he's a respectful guy who loves his family and his students, gives many respectful interviews, and who in defeat, gives praise to the one that beat him,then youre just simply a fukn idiot..

Ali regretted his behavior towards Frazier and admitted it was wrong.

As far as no right to judge? LOL Who are you? As fans WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT! LOL AT respectful - pull your head out of andersons ass. 

It is a contest between two professionals. That kind of immature bullshit should be left to the retards behind the club.

ohhh maybe I should of rephrased it.... your gay opinion of respect inside a cage fight is irrelevant.. pull your head out of your own ass and wake up to the reality that it is a fight and its a strategy that has been used by many fighters for years.

ali, sugar ray leonard, nick and nate diaz, rory macdonald, rashad evans, prince naseem, mickey ward, gatti, mayorga, Emanuel augustus, mayweather and roy jones are just a few I can think of.....

you shouldn't be watching ufc or boxing.. you should be watching a karate tournament at church..

FYI-I was pulling for Weidman

LOL at your name. The typical WWE guy that is attricted to drama and artless brawls, and boos when it goes to the ground. You probably prance around in your badboy and affliction attire like you are the king of the world.

I get that.

But, your wrong.

first off, youre fkn ignorant.. im not wrong.. that's why you try and attack a screen name when I gave you plenty of examples of many other fighters. ive been here since before 2001 and youre probably exactly the kind of guy you've mentioned..

yeah i did have badboygear back in the day..u get it? since 2001.. long before it was popular here and it was a nickname from where I trained, because yes I did tend to wear the shorts often..

ive trained with the likes of tim credeur(often in my garage), ricco rodriguez, pete spratt, carlao prater, mike altman, sam atkins, Torrez Aponte, yves Edwards, Draculino, and many others...

artless brawls??? lol I suppose all the great boxers I mentioned and Anderson were all artless.... ITS A FKN CAGE FIGHT DUDE!!! again... stick to karate tournaments at church and practice your katas and you'll be happy...
7/9/13 11:00 PM
rjbo71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

badboyhere - 
rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - 
rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - 
Godmode - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
MMAtador - He's been disrespecting fighters for some time now with that classless style of fighting. It's been accepted for a longtime since he always gets the win. Times up..... He got what he deserved. Phone Post
This 100% Phone Post 3.0

Dude, it's a fight. That's a two people meeting inside a cage who have been training for months (or a whole life) to fight that one other dude. We can romanticize all we want, but at the end of the day it's still a fight.

And it's not like he's a fucking asshole to people before or after the fights. That's what he does. That's how he trains and fights. That's the setup to his wins. He breaks people mentally with that -- and he has been pretty fucking sucessful with that approach. Dude, if he has that weapon, why would he use it?! He knows it works, he knows exactly what hes doing when he does it.

Why are you acting like that it's not a valid technique /or weapon of his arsenal. Do you think if any fighter knew he could pull it off he wouldn't do it? Come on.

EXACTLY!!! its a fight.... let it be.. Muhammad ali was the same way.. it was funny, except when he was a dick to joe frazier, but its a show as well...

WHAT ALL THESE NEWBIES/OLD SCHOOL MARTIAL ARTIST/AND CRITICS FAIL TO SEE:

1. silva will bow before/sometimes after every fight to the crowd and his opponent in most cases to show respect
2. he was sure he would beat Weidman standing up and never thought he would connect; I STRONGLY feel that after the first round, he continued to use these tactics more to keep it STANDING!!
3. in the pre-fight interviews, after the fight, and anywhere except during, he shows much class..

BUT WHEN THE GODDAMN BELL RINGS, if youre not him or chris Weidman, nor have you ever been an opponent against him, then YOU have no right to judge what it takes to win, the strategy employed, or gauge the way he lives his life by what he does inside the ring...
(he's not flippin people off, grabbing his nuts, etc.. hes taunting them)

if you cant see he's a respectful guy who loves his family and his students, gives many respectful interviews, and who in defeat, gives praise to the one that beat him,then youre just simply a fukn idiot..

Ali regretted his behavior towards Frazier and admitted it was wrong.

As far as no right to judge? LOL Who are you? As fans WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT! LOL AT respectful - pull your head out of andersons ass. 

It is a contest between two professionals. That kind of immature bullshit should be left to the retards behind the club.

ohhh maybe I should of rephrased it.... your gay opinion of respect inside a cage fight is irrelevant.. pull your head out of your own ass and wake up to the reality that it is a fight and its a strategy that has been used by many fighters for years.

ali, sugar ray leonard, nick and nate diaz, rory macdonald, rashad evans, prince naseem, mickey ward, gatti, mayorga, Emanuel augustus, mayweather and roy jones are just a few I can think of.....

you shouldn't be watching ufc or boxing.. you should be watching a karate tournament at church..

FYI-I was pulling for Weidman

LOL at your name. The typical WWE guy that is attricted to drama and artless brawls, and boos when it goes to the ground. You probably prance around in your badboy and affliction attire like you are the king of the world.

I get that.

But, your wrong.

first off, youre fkn ignorant.. im not wrong.. that's why you try and attack a screen name when I gave you plenty of examples of many other fighters. ive been here since before 2001 and youre probably exactly the kind of guy you've mentioned..

yeah i did have badboygear back in the day..u get it? since 2001.. long before it was popular here and it was a nickname from where I trained, because yes I did tend to wear the shorts often..

ive trained with the likes of tim credeur(often in my garage), ricco rodriguez, pete spratt, carlao prater, mike altman, sam atkins, Torrez Aponte, yves Edwards, Draculino, and many others...

artless brawls??? lol I suppose all the great boxers I mentioned and Anderson were all artless.... ITS A FKN CAGE FIGHT DUDE!!! again... stick to karate tournaments at church and practice your katas and you'll be happy...

First off, Karate church katas,  what?!?!? LOL!

Second off, No affliction or badboy has ever been in my wardrobe. Hahahaha

Thirdly, as envious of your past training partners as I am (I have trained with one of the best  - at least soon to be best too) it really does nothing for your position. I am a big fans of Credeur and Edwards and I doubt they would back you up on this. You are attracted to the drama as evidenced by your Screen name and the fact that you like to wear clothing that calls attention to yourself. SO it is no surprise to me you like guys that bring the drama.

Personally I respect a guy more who goes in takes care of business and does not need the drama or need to clown on his opponent to get an edge (Though I do not really think that is why SIlva does it).

Yes I think Anderson is a beautiful pugilist and unmatched in his ability to slip punches and counter strikes BUT, his antics are Bullshit.

7/15/13 1:49 AM
badboyhere
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/13 2:12 AM
Church, karate tournaments and katas..... Yes for those offended for antics inside a cage fight and or boxing.
Affliction and badboy not in your wardrobe... Who gives a shit? It's been in many wardrobes of posers & fighters and youre an idiot for thinking you can determine anything about anyone because of shorts that we're pretty much the only great shorts for mma at that time, which is the time I acquired the nickname. 1998 roughly.
You doubt credeur and Edwards would back me up on this?? I'll tell u what ... Since you doubt it , why don't you quit runnin your mouth and put some money on it? start at $1000 & go up as high as u want.. As far as drama, If I wanted it, i wouldn't need clothing or a fkn screen name to get it... You failed psychology didn't you?

My name has never brought drama in the 13+ years that I've been on here except from your punk ass.

As far as what you respect, it doesn't matter.. You're not in the cage. You're not anderson silva, and you dont have to watch the fights...so do yourself a favor and don't watch any of the great fighters of the past and present who in your opinion have no art involved, who practiced these antics and those who took a chance making the fights fun for the fans and bringing some excitement to break up the monotony of countless hours in the gym doing the same thing over and over when they know the risks involved of using those tactics.
7/15/13 2:26 AM
91W209
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did shit just get real up in here? Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 2:31 AM
palfor03

People take the antics of a fighter fighting another fighter way too personally. Phone Post
7/15/13 4:07 AM
rjbo71

badboyhere - Church, karate tournaments and katas..... Yes for those offended for antics inside a cage fight and or boxing.
Affliction and badboy not in your wardrobe... Who gives a shit? It's been in many wardrobes of posers & fighters and youre an idiot for thinking you can determine anything about anyone because of shorts that we're pretty much the only great shorts for mma at that time, which is the time I acquired the nickname. 1998 roughly.
You doubt credeur and Edwards would back me up on this?? I'll tell u what ... Since you doubt it , why don't you quit runnin your mouth and put some money on it? start at $1000 & go up as high as u want.. As far as drama, If I wanted it, i wouldn't need clothing or a fkn screen name to get it... You failed psychology didn't you?

My name has never brought drama in the 13+ years that I've been on here except from your punk ass.

As far as what you respect, it doesn't matter.. You're not in the cage. You're not anderson silva, and you dont have to watch the fights...so do yourself a favor and don't watch any of the great fighters of the past and present who in your opinion have no art involved, who practiced these antics and those who took a chance making the fights fun for the fans and bringing some excitement to break up the monotony of countless hours in the gym doing the same thing over and over when they know the risks involved of using those tactics.

LOL whatever. No drama? Look at you in this thread. Your emotional tirade has not proven anything. For someone who thinks so little of opinions like mine you sure are awfully upset about it. Next thing you will want to meet up for an internet challenge (dont bother, LOL). And no there wont be any money at least not from me. why dont you just ask them.

You can mischarachterize my position all you want but the truth is that with all your emotional ranting you have yet to support your position. Other than to pull the tired montra that if your not a fighter then you can not have an opinion. Obviously, thats not true

In my opinion as an mma fan clowning an opponent does not make the fight fun - it makes it look like a wwe battle. ANd as far as respect that opponent being clowned put the hours in the gym too and that.. should be respected.

7/15/13 4:19 PM
badboyhere

rjbo71 - 
badboyhere - Church, karate tournaments and katas..... Yes for those offended for antics inside a cage fight and or boxing.

LOL whatever. No drama? Look at you in this thread. Your emotional tirade has not proven anything. For someone who thinks so little of opinions like mine you sure are awfully upset about it. Next thing you will want to meet up for an internet challenge (dont bother, LOL). And no there wont be any money at least not from me. why dont you just ask them.

You can mischarachterize my position all you want but the truth is that with all your emotional ranting you have yet to support your position. Other than to pull the tired montra that if your not a fighter then you can not have an opinion. Obviously, thats not true

In my opinion as an mma fan clowning an opponent does not make the fight fun - it makes it look like a wwe battle. ANd as far as respect that opponent being clowned put the hours in the gym too and that.. should be respected.

lol emotional tirade??? prove anything??? what is there to prove other than the fact that I called you out for you doubting ive ever trained with yves and tim and you wont back your doubts with $.. so if youre gonna doubt me because youre so "sure" that I havent and you think your psychology 101 classes have helped you read minds, then why not win some money in the process to help pay for that waste of time class youre in?
gotta love it... you doubt me, but you wont back up the call out.. typical around here...

failed to support my ranting????? are you blind, cant read, or do you have alzheimers? I think you need to scroll back a few pages and RE-READ and also take notice to those who support my opinion!!!

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion.. I said YOU have no right to JUDGE what it takes to win a fight, especially at that level...

DIFFERENCE:
opinion--what you personally think about silvas antics

Judging what it takes to win--actually being in the cage, whats worked in the past, whats also worked against top rank contenders countless times, and whats worked by many other fighters in the past to establish crowd momentum, and to employ a strategy to get Weidman to move in and then counter.

you'll never lose in most cases in your own opinions, so you can sleep well tonight..

--however, when you go and think you can read into someone because of badboy shorts and a nickname from 15 years ago, which is probably about as old as your IQ(also 15) you've failed miserably..
7/15/13 4:48 PM
rjbo71

OK. You are an idiot. Reading comprehension? WHere did I say I doubted who you trained with?

you really are too stupid to even have fun arguing the point. your not even addressing the points being discussed any more. I am sure in your head you are making great points and really "pwning" me, LOL!

Drama, drama, drama.. just what I would expect from someone with the screenname badboy.

7/15/13 10:16 PM
badboyhere

rjbo71 - 

OK. You are an idiot. Reading comprehension? WHere did I say I doubted who you trained with?

you really are too stupid to even have fun arguing the point. your not even addressing the points being discussed any more. I am sure in your head you are making great points and really "pwning" me, LOL!

Drama, drama, drama.. just what I would expect from someone with the screenname badboy.

WHAT YOU WROTE:
WHere did I say I doubted who you trained with?
I am a big fans of Credeur and Edwards and I doubt they would back you up on this.

Did you write this or your gay Siamese twin??? EXACTLY.. that's you doubting who I trained with... yep, youre still the idiot.. you don't even remember what you wrote..

the only drama began when I addressed all my points and YOU told me to pull my head out of andersons ass... I was pulling for Weidman first of all and I was here to discuss if silva was respectful or not.. so even though the fighter I wanted to win, won, I still defended the position of Anderson silva and his methods.. THE END!!

another fail on your behalf.. youre not a good mind reader and you shouldn't watch the UFC, especially if youre feeling sorry for Forest griffin when he ran out of the ring... ive argued the point, youre just too stupid to remember what you've said and you CANT address the points ive made with past and current fighters...

update me oh wise one..... what points have I not addressed?
I believe ive addressed all of your retarded accusations and even put some money on the table.... all I see is you dodging the obvious... the fact that youre wrong about your assumptions.. if you want my opinions on this thread, go back and read.. you might learn something.

getting a lil worked up sugar tits?? ;)
7/15/13 10:30 PM
badboyhere

JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU A FEW DAYS AGO... YOUVE GOT A LOT TO LEARN!

Suffering a knockout loss to Chris Weidman after doing a lot of clowning around in the cage, a lot of people pointed to Silva as having a lack of respect for his opponent which led to his loss. In interview yesterday with Brazil's Globo TV, Silve said that was not the case at all, citing his antics as 'part of the show':

"If Muhammad Ali came up saying I wasn't humble, then I'd think if I was humble or not," he said in a Sunday interview on Brazil's Globo TV. "There was no lack of respect. I respect everybody. All the provocation, hands down... It should continue, it's part of the show"

"Nobody likes to lose," Silva said. "I train four months to win. But you end [up] learning with your mistakes, and I learned the worst way possible. After everything that happened, we calm down and I realized I had something to question, even question Anderson Silva. I lost to myself, and that's the worst loss. Losing by knockout shakes you, [it] will be in history, but will leave a lesson."

"Everybody has to retire, but it's not my time yet," Silva said. "I'll get a rematch. Chris gave me this opportunity and we're fighting again. That's another chance to overcome, reinvent myself as a person and athlete."
7/16/13 2:39 AM
rjbo71

Wow! ARe you drunk? All the time?

Here are your statements...

"ive trained with the likes of tim credeur(often in my garage), ricco rodriguez, pete spratt, carlao prater, mike altman, sam atkins, Torrez Aponte, yves Edwards"

"Thirdly, as envious of your past training partners as I am (I have trained with one of the best  - at least soon to be best too) it really does nothing for your position. I am a big fans of Credeur and Edwards and I doubt they would back you up on this."

" what is there to prove other than the fact that I called you out for you doubting ive ever trained with yves and tim"

"WHere did I say I doubted who you trained with?"

"WHAT YOU WROTE:

WHere did I say I doubted who you trained with?
I am a big fans of Credeur and Edwards and I doubt they would back you up on this."

I mean just based on the above exchange - All I can say is you have a dizzying logic.

As far as that article you posting after stating I have alot to learn.. DO you really think that statement matched with the article posted makes any sense? LOL at your IQ remark.. I have never had a discusssion with somebody as nonsensical as you are in over ten years on this board. are you aware of what a n amazing accomplishment that is?

Is this a troll? or are you really this confused?

"--however, when you go and think you can read into someone because of badboy shorts and a nickname from 15 years ago, which is probably about as old as your IQ(also 15) you've failed miserably.."

Nooo... I think you have lived up to my assumptions about you beautifully. LOL!

Peace brother, I cannot do this with you anymore. I am afraid you will hurt yourself.

7/16/13 9:46 AM
pegson123

No. I couldn't believe how delusional Kevin iole was. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.