UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Gracie family & Masters that follow Gracie diet?

7/7/13 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
graciesrule
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Rorion and sons follow it religiously,Royler too. But Rickson, Royce modify it as we'll as Carlson, Carlos jr. George thought it was a joke! Robson & Renzo not to much plus drink beer, lol. What about other Gracie's plus there master like Joao Alberto Barreto, Pedro Hemeterio, Francisco Mansur, etc?
7/7/13 4:17 PM
JoejitsuMD
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why anyone who knows anything about nutrition would fall for that stuff. Also, I can't see why anyone who knows anything about Carlos Gracie's past and his previous con-artist history and money making schemes could in good conscience follow something without researching it. That's probably why so few follow the diet. Carlos with his diet stuff is like the L. Ron Hubbard of BJJ...a few hardcore followers but everyone else knows it was a kooky con. Phone Post
7/7/13 7:22 PM
GrahamJ

Carlinhos is vegan...
7/7/13 9:38 PM
porra
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chipotle. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:18 PM
gusto

Valente bros
7/8/13 2:23 PM
graciesrule

Carlson Sr= Chipotle & Starbucks!
7/8/13 11:05 PM
JacT
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoejitsuMD -  I don't know why anyone who knows anything about nutrition would fall for that stuff. Also, I can't see why anyone who knows anything about Carlos Gracie's past and his previous con-artist history and money making schemes could in good conscience follow something without researching it. That's probably why so few follow the diet. Carlos with his diet stuff is like the L. Ron Hubbard of BJJ...a few hardcore followers but everyone else knows it was a kooky con. Phone Post

Most Physicians don't know shit about nutrition.

JacT
7/8/13 11:28 PM
JoejitsuMD
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ neither do police officers. Now that you mention it there are very few gardeners that know much about nutrition either. So where in my post did i talk a out physicians? Not sure what all of that has to do with what I said but okay... Phone Post
7/8/13 11:46 PM
pheonix5
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My great grandmother lived to 102,my grandfather lived to 93,my grandmother to 89. They didn't follow the Gracie Diet. But I will add they didn't smoke,or drink (except a couple of cocktales at Christmas) and exercised daily. I also note they didn't consume much sugar related products.

Basically don't smoke, don't eat shitty foods,and try to get a little exercise daily.

7/8/13 11:49 PM
BigEyedFish

who fucking knows....

I sent a message to the Gracie Diet email because I saw that Rener was making his Renergy Sandwiches with whole wheat bread. I asked if that was part of the gracie diet given that most wheat products these days are GMO crap products and are really not all that good for you.

The answer I got from the Gracie diet was "one must do what one feels is right".

WTF kind of horseshit is that?
7/9/13 2:25 AM
JSho
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish - who fucking knows....

I sent a message to the Gracie Diet email because I saw that Rener was making his Renergy Sandwiches with whole wheat bread. I asked if that was part of the gracie diet given that most wheat products these days are GMO crap products and are really not all that good for you.

The answer I got from the Gracie diet was "one must do what one feels is right".

WTF kind of horseshit is that?
Hey bro Rener just likes to keep it wholemeal Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 6:32 AM
skilgannon

there was an article in GracieMag one issue that was just crap.

It was about coffee and how it should be avoided. Helio saw that Francisco Mansur drank coffee and so, he told Mansur that drinking such liquids frequently was a vice on one's character and advised him that he could not be a better person if he kept drinking coffee. So Mansur stopped drinking coffee after that day

That was absolutely the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever read or heard of
7/9/13 8:36 AM
Hywel Teague
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
graciesrule - I know Rorion and sons follow it religiously,Royler too. But Rickson, Royce modify it as we'll as Carlson, Carlos jr. George thought it was a joke! Robson & Renzo not to much plus drink beer, lol. What about other Gracie's plus there master like Joao Alberto Barreto, Pedro Hemeterio, Francisco Mansur, etc?
Afaik guys like Joao Alberto and others followed the diet when they were active fighters and, in his case, when he lived with Helio.

Judging by the pack of cookies I saw Robson dive into at the Federation offices last week I'd say he's flexible with it lol

Kyra is quite big into the Gracie Diet but I'm not sure to what extent. She quite often cooks up and posts her GD meals on Instagram, for example Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 9:03 AM
mrgoodarmbar
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it started out as snake oil marketing. When you think about the health/medical system of a 3rd world country like Brazil esp. back in those days....I think that if you even considered balanced nutrition in addition to exercise as the foundation for a healthy life, you'd be years ahead of most. It's not like he had access to the type of science we have today in order to come up with his results.

I think it's more ridiculous that in this day and age, people are looking to prescription medications, etc. to handle their symptoms when the root cause of their problems are dietary....but keep drinking that soda so a great company like pepsi can donate .01 for each can to the diabetes foundation.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.