UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva-Weidman 2 the biggest fight in UFC history?

7/7/13 7:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC President Dana White spoke with UFC On FUEL TV analyst Ariel Helwani after a wild night of fights at UFC 162. Dana discussed his thoughts on Silva vs Weidman and what the future holds for both combatants.

In the interview White tells Ariel Helwani that a rematch between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman would be the biggest fight in UFC history. Do you agree or disagree UG?

7/7/13 7:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope, that will be Cain vs. Jones in 2014
7/7/13 7:36 PM
sparkuri

Well if Dana says it, it must be true. Phone Post
7/7/13 7:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOn't do the fucking rematch if Silva is thinking about Roy Jones still. Enough screwing with this. Silva wants to test his boxing, let the guy do it or he will clown around again, and then what?

7/7/13 7:44 PM
CavemanDave
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/13 7:45 PM

white vs black

legendary vet with a huge undefeated streak  vs relatively new phenom with a pedigree.

American vs Foreigner

High possiblity of the fight ending before the judges

Yea... I'm going to go out on a limb and say the rematch has a good shot at being the biggest fight in UFC history. 

DFW knows what sells in this sport...and a 6 year old at a lemonade stand could sell the shit out of that fight. 

7/7/13 7:46 PM
BrattMamley
992 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would do over a million ppv buys for sure. I know I want to see it. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 7:47 PM
Ryan Black
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait to see it, I know that much is true.

I was voted down for having the opinion that Anderson seemed a bit 'off,' perhaps like he didn't want to be there- an opinion I felt after hearing his own words during his post-fight speech and analyzing his demeanor before and during the fight... so it's obvious to me that there's an incredible amount of passion associated with what occurred last night. I can respect that. I was never a fan nor am I a hater of Anderson Silva, so I can't really understand the vote downs- but I respect the passion of the fans, either way they may see it.

I hope we do get to see a rematch, though. Would be great for both fighters, in my opinion. And, of course, the fans as well. Phone Post
7/7/13 7:49 PM
Kinkle

Biggest fight in UFC history??? LOL no.... Is it even top 10?? No way is it bigger than Brock/Murr 2 , or Brock/Couture.
7/7/13 7:53 PM
Bry Bry

hell no, i dont have much desire to see it tbh as i think Anderson will crush him ...Anderson gave that fight away last night, he wont do it again..
7/7/13 7:57 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope.

Weidman has ZERO personality.

Weidman doesn't have the it factor to draw money like Chuck, Brock or Tito.

The real money was Silva-Jones or Silva-GSP.

Hell, Sonnen-Silva III would have done well had Chael won.

Weidman winning hurts business.

It will take a push to get him over to the public.

Matt Serra beat GSP.

Did he ever draw money or become a star?

Nope.

Did Serra-GSP 2 draw mega money?

Nope.

Weidman is Serra.

Big upset but not a money drawing opportunity at all.

Dana can spin it all he wants but if Urijah Faber, Jose Aldo and guys like JDS can't get over with the casual fans and draw superstar buy rates; Weidman can't either.

More money was left on the table with a Silva loss than can be gained with future Weidman fights.

That's just being real.

Just like boxing lost big when Marquez knocked out Pacquiao.

Marquez is no draw.

Just like Weidman won't be.

Unless they suddenly inject a personality into him that packs more punch than his Opie Taylor glass of milk clean cut All American wrestler gimmick he has going. Phone Post
7/7/13 8:00 PM
hercules_mma_kosark
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinkle - Biggest fight in UFC history??? LOL no.... Is it even top 10?? No way is it bigger than Brock/Murr 2 , or Brock/Couture.
Wut Phone Post
7/7/13 8:10 PM
2Fort
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they do the fight in Brazil if could very well be the biggest fight in UFC history. Can you imagine how many people would turn up for that? holy shit
7/7/13 9:35 PM
SQUEEZIE

Hikikomori - Nope, that will be Cain vs. Jones in 2014

i think jbj will now shoot for andy's record before moving up. so it might not be until the end of 2015 before you see him at hw.he will stil only be 27/28 years old then.
7/7/13 9:35 PM
Wardance5
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Nope.

Weidman has ZERO personality.

Weidman doesn't have the it factor to draw money like Chuck, Brock or Tito.

The real money was Silva-Jones or Silva-GSP.

Hell, Sonnen-Silva III would have done well had Chael won.

Weidman winning hurts business.

It will take a push to get him over to the public.

Matt Serra beat GSP.

Did he ever draw money or become a star?

Nope.

Did Serra-GSP 2 draw mega money?

Nope.

Weidman is Serra.

Big upset but not a money drawing opportunity at all.

Dana can spin it all he wants but if Urijah Faber, Jose Aldo and guys like JDS can't get over with the casual fans and draw superstar buy rates; Weidman can't either.

More money was left on the table with a Silva loss than can be gained with future Weidman fights.

That's just being real.

Just like boxing lost big when Marquez knocked out Pacquiao.

Marquez is no draw.

Just like Weidman won't be.

Unless they suddenly inject a personality into him that packs more punch than his Opie Taylor glass of milk clean cut All American wrestler gimmick he has going. Phone Post

thats not really true Fedor had the personality of a rock but is one of the biggest fighters in the world. i think it all depends if weidman keeps winning. anderson was so popular for his wins after wins in an extrodinary fashion and i dont think that record will be broken for a long time. if anderson decides not to fight anymore i think the title will just keep changing hands pretty regularly now.

7/7/13 10:18 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Fight will be on Super Bowl Wknd in New Jersey and will do over a million PPV buys. This one alone was trending at 800,000 and next one will do far more then that. My guess is 1.2 million buys which would make it the 2nd largest UFC card ever behind UFC 100.
7/7/13 10:42 PM
Bobby Lupo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless they both team up to fight Brock, it won't be the biggest fight Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:48 PM
HeAdShOtZ

It would definitely be up there.
7/7/13 11:38 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every fight now is the biggest fight in UFC history. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:28 AM
M Wood
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2Fort - If they do the fight in Brazil if could very well be the biggest fight in UFC history. Can you imagine how many people would turn up for that? holy shit

better not have that shit in brazil!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2013/07/06/soccer-referee-decapitated-brazil-stabbing-maranhao/2495199/
7/8/13 12:28 AM
M Wood
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blue namer help a brother out please ^^^
7/8/13 9:18 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greatness isn't victory, it's what you do after great defeat. Now we get to see if Silva truly is great.
7/8/13 9:49 AM
Bobby Lupo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the record: Fedor regularly sold about 20-25k PPV in the USA. That's shit

7/8/13 10:09 AM
C7R14171337
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Anderson don't want to fight Chris again I'm not gonna pay to watch Andy throw away a win to prove a point.
The best fights ever wont happen now.... Dana shoulda let Andy Relinquish the belt held a top contender fight for it. Let Andy fight Jones, Gsp, and the Boxer. It is obvious before and after the fight Andy don't care about the belt. He is old and wants to prove other things as well as get them fat paychecks.
The man has done great things for the UFC, I'm not even a Andy fan and ill admit that... Let the man go out doing even greater things than Belt contender-ship fights. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 10:46 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
No.
7/8/13 11:03 AM
i remember halloween

Big fight, yes, biggest fight, no.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.