UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Who gives the best seminar???

7/7/13 10:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dpro2716
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been to a number of seminars (Drysdale, Comprido, Traven, Felipe Costa, Francisco Mansor) who do you feel puts on the greatest seminar and why? Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:09 PM
checkuroil
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xande. Simple yet effective. Concepts of pressure and space you will use forever Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:25 PM
jakem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/13 10:26 PM
relson.. man the stories.
7/7/13 10:34 PM
Twizz
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony Pacenski does great seminars. I've been to a few, and I always walk away with really useful information. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 11:07 PM
QAM256
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jakem - relson.. man the stories.
. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 11:09 PM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been to a few different ones. The ones I liked the best took a holistic approach to BJJ helping me connect the dots and right away improved my training.

Saulo Ribeiro not only provided amazing technical details, but had a coherent unifying philosophy behind what he shows, and also provides tips on the mind set and overall strategy he employing form the positions he shows.

Xande Ribeiro for the reasons checkuroil listed above.

Royler Gracie self defense based seminar, had people grinning two days later.

Those are my top 3

I have heard form those who have attended Rickson's seminars that they are worth every penny.
7/7/13 11:10 PM
Muffinho
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mendes Bros
7/7/13 11:18 PM
mbalz izhairy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kashk - I have been to a few different ones. The ones I liked the best took a holistic approach to BJJ helping me connect the dots and right away improved my training.

Saulo Ribeiro not only provided amazing technical details, but had a coherent unifying philosophy behind what he shows, and also provides tips on the mind set and overall strategy he employing form the positions he shows.

Those are my top 3

I have heard form those who have attended Rickson's seminars that they are worth every penny.

Royler Gracie???
THE WORST period.
7/7/13 11:32 PM
PTM2020
1259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/7/13 11:33 PM
Tboney8669
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mbalz izhairy -
Kashk - I have been to a few different ones. The ones I liked the best took a holistic approach to BJJ helping me connect the dots and right away improved my training.

Those are my top 3

Royler Gracie???
THE WORST period.
U can't just post that without details. In. Phone Post
7/7/13 11:51 PM
Jstmike
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to a Dave and Dan Camarillo seminar last year and still use most of the techniques they showed. Great stuff! Phone Post
7/8/13 2:23 AM
skilgannon

Bruno Frazzato had one of the best seminars I have ever attended. He went into detail on things like berimbolos and 50/50 from double guard pull. And this was at a time when berimbolo was not well known yet and I didn't even know it as the "berimbolo." he didn't hold anything back and was clear and detailed. All that and the seminar was $40 for 3 hours.

I hear everyone say Relson has good seminars because of his stories. I'm sorry but when I go to a seminar, I don't think I want to hear the guy tell stories, I want the guy to show good jiujitsu. I don't understand how people can be satisfied with that
7/8/13 3:02 AM
GARRA
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terere - small details changed my whole outlook on positions
Telles - very very good, not just Turtle but his guard passing and half guard were amazing
Mike Fowler - biggest impact on my gameplan and teaching, learning structure. Phone Post
7/8/13 8:47 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Hall Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 9:37 AM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skilgannon - Bruno Frazzato had one of the best seminars I have ever attended. He went into detail on things like berimbolos and 50/50 from double guard pull. And this was at a time when berimbolo was not well known yet and I didn't even know it as the "berimbolo." he didn't hold anything back and was clear and detailed. All that and the seminar was $40 for 3 hours.

I hear everyone say Relson has good seminars because of his stories. I'm sorry but when I go to a seminar, I don't think I want to hear the guy tell stories, I want the guy to show good jiujitsu. I don't understand how people can be satisfied with that

Good JiuJitsu = Great

Good JiuJitsu + Good Stories = Awesome

Also paying only $40 for a seminar is pretty awesome too !!
7/8/13 10:47 AM
Magic Mago
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rener , I use some of the stuff he taught in almost every roll, or atleast I try too. Phone Post
7/8/13 10:56 AM
ElFeroz

I went to one Royler seminar. He showed a lot of Self Defense technique's as does Rickson. Royler spent 2 hours on self defense and 30 minutes on one submission from side control BOTTOM then was q and a everyone gotta a lot of of best defense is NO get caught in a triangle. I actually purchased his DVD's and asked him a question regarding his wheel pass and he say " Ahhh didn't I answer that for you last time?" Phone Post
7/8/13 11:51 AM
aed333
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I value a seminar by the % of techniques that can be applied immediately to my game.

With that in mind, the best seminars I've attended were by far John Danaher and Roger. The simplicity of the techniques and the universality of the principles applied are things that anyone can implement instantly and it's stuff that will last them their bjj career.

Second would be Braulio and Kyra, who also added little details to basic techniques that can take their success % through the roof.

I agree with ElFeroz about Royler seminar - one of the worst I've done by far.
7/8/13 1:38 PM
joe canada
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UG's own Delicious Bass gave a back seminar that changed my entire back game in one day.

I used to almost never go to the back, and when I did I'd bail to mount or side. I had trouble getting back, keeping back and certainly finishing from back.

Less than a month after that seminar, I was using his stuff in a competition like it had been part of my game for years.

Worst seminar was (sorry) Eddie Bravo in Montreal. 3 hours, of which one was spent fielding questions on BJ v St. Pierre from fanboys. I love some of Eddie's stuff and have great respect for his game, but that seminar went off the rails.

Also, how do you go to a seminar with tonnes of new people, and no one (absolutely no one) wants to roll after? I see a new guy with a bit of level, and I'm like a kid in a candy store (no homo), but everyone packed up and left right after the seminar was over. Lame.
7/8/13 1:57 PM
odennis
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gui Mendes did a seminar at my school that from just 2 days put my game on a different level. I know a lot of my teammates feel the same. I can't imagine what it must be like to train with him and Rafa full time.
7/8/13 2:33 PM
omoplautistic
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

odennis - Gui Mendes did a seminar at my school that from just 2 days put my game on a different level. I know a lot of my teammates feel the same. I can't imagine what it must be like to train with him and Rafa full time.
Ditto this. Seminar with gui was a Total game changer (I'm a black belt, if that matters). Everything about it, the instruction, the pace, the material. And it was taught in a way that I've retained everything I learned, which is nuts. Big takeaway. I'm bringing him to my home province in the fall, can't wait to do another one. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 2:39 PM
On the Mat
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
Depends on what you want to learn
7/8/13 4:26 PM
dpro2716

On the Mat - Depends on what you want to learn
What seminars have you been to that were great/amazing and what made them so? On the flip side have you been to a bad/horrible seminar and why was it? I have heard mixed opinions on Rickson seminars. A few people have posted that they did not like Royler's. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 4:29 PM
Zero1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Harris. No one has analyzed BJJ more than Roy. It´s just crazy how he has thought about every little detail.....

Rickson Gracie, no one has understand movement, and the abilities of the body better than him. It´s pure internal martial arts.....

7/8/13 4:34 PM
ElFeroz

The thing with Rickson is he shows small details and real practical techniques. Royler can argue he does the same but, the difference is Rickson will answer every question even if the seminar goes over the time. I can honestly say EVERY single person got personal attention from Rickson. And treated everyone with respect Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.