UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rewatched Anderson vs Weidman....

7/7/13 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Anderson had Chris right where he wanted him (up until he got knocked out that is).

If you watch the fight, it is eerily similar to the Hendo and chael (#2) fights.  All of them took anderson down in the first round and smothered him and then couldnt in the second and were nothing but sitting ducks.

It looked like Anderson had Chris in the same spot as chael and hendo in the second round... All he had to do was take him out... (or at least try). 

The rematch will look nothing like the first fight.  That was Anderson's fight to lose.   Weidman definately has the tools to be champ but that was a gift from Anderson. 

7/7/13 10:19 PM
ontilt
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me start out with saying I've been rooting for Chris Weidman since the first fight he got. I'm a big fan of Matt Serra and hearing him talk about Chris and also Chris being a really likeable guy made me an instant fan. Wit that out of the way, I agree. Lots will disagree but I'm sorry Anderson was fucking around and doing fine. I think everyone could see Chris had nothing for him after the first takedown and were just waiting for Anderson to catch him and finish. If the rematch happens Anderson will be the favorite to win and if he stops going full retard he will destroy Chris.
7/7/13 10:25 PM
Sadyv

So got taken down and pummeled in the first round, had to defend hard against a good sub attempt, and then landed nothing significant standing while taking some shots (just because a guy smiles or clowns after getting hit doesn't mean it didn't hurt) and then got set up beautifully and KO.

At one point did Anderson look in charge, or did Weidman showed he "had nothing for him?" Anderson showed NOTHING against Weidman, he lost every element of the fight.
7/7/13 10:27 PM
Joemacka
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the start ill admit i was abit worried when chris got anderson down and went for the sub. But when it got to the second round i had no doubt in my mind that silva was gonna finish him. Instead of pulling the trigger and trying to end the fight he starts show boating and we all know what happened then. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:31 PM
CaptainWoody
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it was a self fulfilling prophecy.
7/7/13 10:31 PM
MMALOGIC

^Anderson was playing too much with his food.     He knew he had him in the second and wanted a spectacular finish.  That's what these guys do when they're bored.   The problem is he underestimated weidman.... when he should have treated him just like he did chael and hendo.

I support weidman.  I thought weidman would be a huge thraet to Anderson, but the rematch is gonna be very different.  Weidman may very well win again, but he's gonna have to go through a heck of alot more than that to get another W.

7/7/13 10:41 PM
Naderhood
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In shocked OP made a thread that wasn't about shitting on Bellator Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:42 PM
lgi

Rambo John J - He says his Ideal outcome would be Chris Weidman winning.

He says he would not want a rematch, he is tired.

PRE fight.

Every thread.
7/7/13 10:45 PM
MMALOGIC

RockyBullwinkle - 
MMALOGIC - 

^Anderson was playing too much with his food.     He knew he had him in the second and wanted a spectacular finish.  That's what these guys do when they're bored.   The problem is he underestimated weidman.... when he should have treated him just like he did chael and hendo.

I support weidman.  I thought weidman would be a huge thraet to Anderson, but the rematch is gonna be very different.  Weidman may very well win again, but he's gonna have to go through a heck of alot more than that to get another W.

The thing about the rematch is, this was a Weidman that had been sitting getting rusty for a year, who also shows improvements by leaps and bounds coming in with another 6 months of training while Silva will be another 6 months older and a concussion (which predisposes him to getting Koed in the future)

yeah... that's why this was so foolish of Anderson.  this was probably the worst Weidman he's ever gonna get  Chris is only gonna get better.   But if Anderson shows up like he did against hendo and chael (in their second fight)...  it's gonna be a long night for weidman.

7/7/13 10:45 PM
Dazednconfused
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally someone with logic. It's amazing the amount of people saying i told you so. No you didn't. Chris took him down, he got back up, easily stuffed Weidman's second takedown, forcing a tired Weidman to stand. Chris was wide open the whole time on the feet, that's why Anderson wasn't taking him seriously. Yeah Anderson fucked up, but c'mon, Weidman isn't even close to Anderson striking. The amount of bulkshit I've read on these forums is mind blowing. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:46 PM
funwithbakedgoods

So sick of these threads. Chris won. Quit trying to downplay it.
7/7/13 10:46 PM
MMALOGIC

Naderhood - In shocked OP made a thread that wasn't about shitting on Bellator Phone Post 3.0

dont worry... it's coming on thursday when their shitty ratings come out for this week.

7/7/13 10:49 PM
Dazednconfused
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadyv - So got taken down and pummeled in the first round, had to defend hard against a good sub attempt, and then landed nothing significant standing while taking some shots (just because a guy smiles or clowns after getting hit doesn't mean it didn't hurt) and then got set up beautifully and KO.

At one point did Anderson look in charge, or did Weidman showed he "had nothing for him?" Anderson showed NOTHING against Weidman, he lost every element of the fight.
Dude he played with him for a round and a half. He wasn't even attempting to throw any strikes. He was just taunting. So you're telling me, that you seriously think Weidman outstruck Anderson on the feet, because he was better?? Holy shit mma fans are retarded. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 10:50 PM
Sadyv

Dazednconfused - Finally someone with logic. It's amazing the amount of people saying i told you so. No you didn't. Chris took him down, he got back up, easily stuffed Weidman's second takedown, forcing a tired Weidman to stand. Chris was wide open the whole time on the feet, that's why Anderson wasn't taking him seriously. Yeah Anderson fucked up, but c'mon, Weidman isn't even close to Anderson striking. The amount of bulkshit I've read on these forums is mind blowing. Phone Post 3.0

He got back up, after Chris peppering him with good punches, because Weidman went for a sub.

LOL at Weidman wide open. Is that why he was slipping all of Anderson's strikes easily, and Anderson barely touched him? Chris tagged Silva more than once before crushing him, just because Anderson tried to play off the pain by laughing and trying a bullshit psych job on Weidman doesn't make those strikes disappear.

Weidman beat Silva in every way.
7/7/13 10:53 PM
orcus

"So got taken down and pummeled in the first round"

Pummeled? Chris landed 11 strikes in the whole round and went 1/2 on takedowns.

People seem to really exaggerate what happened in the fight. Chris landed 16 strikes in the whole fight and that's with Anderson being on his back for half of it and sticking his chin out with his hands at his knees for the other half. He went 1 for 3 on takedowns and had 1 sub attempt that had Anderson in no trouble and cost Chris the position.

Not sure how anyone can conclude much of anything from that other than that Anderson shouldn't clown so much.

7/8/13 12:12 AM
Glovegate

You Anderson nutriders are unbelievable, lol.  You're like the guys who claimed Iraq had WMD's, that the oil would pay for the war, that American troops would be loved by the Iraqi people, that the war would be over in months, etc etc  and still expect to be taken seriously today.

Lol...no...  You're done on this match up.  You don't get to make your fuckin little predictions about the rematch and saunter around pretending they hold any weight.  There's no reason for anyone to believe you.  You were DEAD wrong and you acted like stuck up little shits on this subject for just about a fuckin year.

Just go lick your wounds for a while and talk about something else.  Something you apparently know the first thing about.

7/8/13 12:16 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

RockyBullwinkle -
MMALOGIC - 

The thing about the rematch is, this was a Weidman that had been sitting getting rusty for a year, who also shows improvements by leaps and bounds coming in with another 6 months of training while Silva will be another 6 months older and a concussion (which predisposes him to getting Koed in the future)
Silva will not win a rematch, that is if he even takes one. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:19 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Dazednconfused -
Sadyv - So got taken down and pummeled in the first round, had to defend hard against a good sub attempt, and then landed nothing significant standing while taking some shots (just because a guy smiles or clowns after getting hit doesn't mean it didn't hurt) and then got set up beautifully and KO.

Dude he played with him for a round and a half. He wasn't even attempting to throw any strikes. He was just taunting. So you're telling me, that you seriously think Weidman outstruck Anderson on the feet, because he was better?? Holy shit mma fans are retarded. Phone Post 3.0
Um yeah he did and then he knocked him out. Ball gobblers are annoying Phone Post 3.0
Ministry of Truth

Dana said pretty much the same thing.
REDRUM_NYC

if Silva showed me anything or even put Chris in danger once I might say yes.... But no, no sorry guys... Weidman beat Silva EVERYWHERE last night

7/8/13 12:24 AM
slamming

MMALOGIC - 

Very true. This fight was more of a reality check to Anderson and not a sign that he isnt good enough anymore. I felt that he was due to launch a beast mode assault on Weidman at any moment.
7/8/13 12:27 AM
The Don Dada

Dazednconfused -

This Phone Post
7/8/13 12:30 AM
Caught_clean
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://makeameme.org/media/created/literally-lands-zero.jpg

In before Silva landed some leg kicks and had em just where he wanted him
7/8/13 12:30 AM
The Don Dada

Glovegate -

You Anderson nutriders are unbelievable, lol.  You're like the guys who claimed Iraq had WMD's, that the oil would pay for the war, that American troops would be loved by the Iraqi people, that the war would be over in months, etc etc  and still expect to be taken seriously today.

Lol...no...  You're done on this match up.  You don't get to make your fuckin little predictions about the rematch and saunter around pretending they hold any weight.  There's no reason for anyone to believe you.  You were DEAD wrong and you acted like stuck up little shits on this subject for just about a fuckin year.

Just go lick your wounds for a while and talk about something else.  Something you apparently know the first thing about.

Ok I think you just went full retard Phone Post
7/8/13 12:42 AM
Glovegate

For Caught_clean:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.