UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rewatched Anderson vs Weidman....

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/9/13 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
56sav
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After all the hype I was expecting Weidman to be a world-beater and come out just like Chael did in their first fight. Only a bit over a round into it, it became obvious that Silva could make him look like an amateur just like all the other guys he fought.
Silva got cocky because he thought he had the fight in the bag and paid for it. If he puts forth any effort in the rematch he'll obviously wreck shop.
7/9/13 8:31 PM
orcus

Glovegate - 
orcus - 

" You don't get to make your fuckin little predictions about the rematch and saunter around pretending they hold any weight.  There's no reason for anyone to believe you.  You were DEAD wrong and you acted like stuck up little shits on this subject for just about a fuckin year."

I'm pretty sure the Weidman crowd were essentially dead wrong, too. They said Weidman's wrestling was just too good, Anderson would not be able to stop his takedowns, and he would rape Anderson on the ground. I don't recall anyone saying Weidman would win the standup.

Weidman got his first takedown -- just like Chael, Dan, Marquardt, etc -- and then couldn't get any more -- just like Chael, Dan, Marquardt, etc. On the ground he landed a few strikes and that's it. 

Picking the winner is just flipping a coin, or just being contrary, if you're wrong about all the specifics and even the generalities of how the fight goes.

It'd be like if people were saying "Randleman will beat Crocop, his wrestling is just too good, he'll smother Mirko for 15 minutes with ease", and then Kevin can't take him down and lands one big KO punch standing and they go "see, told you!"

So they were wrong and you were even more so.  Got it.

No, actually I was wrong and they were moreso.  We were both correct about Weidman being able to take Anderson down initially and do his thing on the ground for awhile. I was 100% right about Anderson surviving the ground in the first round and stuffing the takedowns thereafter. They were 100% wrong about Weidman's ability to repeatedly take Anderson down and rape him.

We were both 100% wrong about how the standup would go.

7/9/13 8:41 PM
Glovegate

They were right about Weidman winning so no, they weren't 100% wrong about the fight.

Just stop.

7/9/13 9:10 PM
SRTGEO

Holy shit at the fuckin excuses and "next time" dumb shit in this thread.

Pathetic.
7/9/13 9:21 PM
JStrongMMA
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SRTGEO - Holy shit at the fuckin excuses and "next time" dumb shit in this thread.

Pathetic.
This. Phone Post
7/9/13 9:29 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Glovegate - 

They were right about Weidman winning so no, they weren't 100% wrong about the fight.

Just stop.

Very few if any said "Weidman will win" and left it at that, they said how he would win, and they were completely wrong about it. Their analysis was terrible and wrong on virtually every point. I was wrong on only one point.

7/9/13 9:52 PM
SOO72
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey OP when do tickets go on sale for the rematch? Maybe you can ask your boss.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.