UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
7/8/13 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/renzo-critica-provocacoes-de-spider-nao-pode-diminuir-o-seu-oponente.html

"This kid [Weidman] is very dangerous, he was always very dangerous. Every time he fights, he wins. Early in the bout, when Chris was in control, he did everything he wanted, but couldn't win, so Anderson gained great confidence. He thought it would be a walk in the park and then he began to play. And the boy [Weidman] really was fading, he was tired because he did everything (pushing the pace) during the first round. He had side control, he was attacking... and when Anderson saw him fading, he thought: "Now I'm gonna give a show". The problem is that this sport is not the place for that. In this sport you have to win.
I'm sure the people who were in his corner said: "Go out there and win", but he decided to do what was on his mind, he was joking, shaking ... And if you notice, this kid has a very big star (luck). Whenever he is in trouble, he manages to win. When he attacked, Anderson lost his balance when he was mocking him, and had no way to defend himself. And then he got caught with a punch to the chin. And when that happens there's no way out, you go to sleep, your brain turns off.

"The longer the fight, the worst it would be to Chris, I was seeing it. He began to fade, but Anderson didn't manage to take [the fight] seriously. He began to mock Chris. It was over the top (exaggerated), because you can't belittle your opponent. If you're confident enough to do this kind of thing, go and finish the fight. Go for the KO or for the submission. You just can't stand there dancing and not go for the win. Are you gonna stay there to give a show to others?"

"I was [there] in the fight against Demian. Anderson's behavior in this fight (against Weidman) was worse. It was more aggressive and more insulting than on that occasion. The words he was using ... It was insulting ... And this is something he shouldn't do.
He is the champion, he is an example in the sport. He has a fantastic history as UFC fighter and should be respectful and act in a proper manner.
I gave an interview before the fight telling him to change his ways, but it didn't happen. Unfortunately, it's stuck in his soul and it comes out from there, right? And that's what caused his defeat today (it costed his victory).

"No doubt it affects you mentally. You're trying to fight, to attack the guy and he is dancing, he isn’t keeping his hands high, he lets you hit his face... that's a thing that really breaks you mentally. Chris had a break of pace, but not because of the way Anderson was fighting, but because he got tired, he was pushing the pace during the entire first round. And when you start like that, you need to slow down or the train derails".

"Anderson is a great champion, all he has to do is put his head in the right place and remember when he was a kid who was working hard in order to get where he is now, and be that boy again. When you begin to lose sight of who you are, you start to fall into traps like this. Life comes to collect”.
7/8/13 11:16 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right. Silva clowned for too long. Phone Post
Jobe Watson the Gentleman
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good read. Phone Post
TheJudge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fading? I must've been watching a different fight. I thought Weidman dealt with the taunting well and snapped Andy's neck back with that shot when he was leaning back in his exaggerated way. I guess he was fading when he continued to throw shots and was really fading when he leapt on him and bounced his head off the mat twice.

Renzo is spot on about many of his comments but I disagree with this facet.
7/8/13 11:24 AM
Leck Brosnar

Silva played around too much but not in the actual KO sequence. He uses his head/body movement in every fight and he was matrixing Chris' combo this time too, too bad it was a better combo than Silva could dodge. It's so amazing when you manage to dodge combos, look like a GOAT, demoralize your opponent even more, but when you get clipped, it's even more awesome.

Anderson threw alot of strikes in the fight that were supposed to blast Chris' head off(TRYING TO FINISH), they didn't hit because Chris was out of his reach.
7/8/13 11:26 AM
Jack Carter
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrong. Weidman landed his best shots in the 2nd not even counting the KO shot.

He was slipping almost all of Silva's counters and kept catching him.

If anyone was fading, it was Silva. All he could by the second was try to discourage Weidman and Weidman just kept the pressure and put Silva down. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 11:27 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Weidman wasn't fading, he was walking Silva down and using virtually no energy and remained calm. If he was fading at that point he must struggle to run a 2 mile run. Even on the ground he stayed calm and threw only when necessary
7/8/13 11:37 AM
caseharts
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Not spamming take downs and standing with Anderson sites not Jean type fading. He kept his composure where other guys turned into brawlers and andy destroyed them. Had he nor koed him he would have taken him down again. Phone Post
7/8/13 11:42 AM
hubbarocks
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL! Obviously Renzo is sticking up for a fellow Brazilian to Brazilian press, anyone not in denial can see that. Weidman was the better fighter all around and was nowhere near fading.
7/8/13 11:43 AM
jeremy hamilton
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I saw was Weidman fighting a perfect fight, not getting sucked into AS trying to get him to brawl. I saw AS being frustrated. I saw a strong confident Weidman.

7/8/13 11:44 AM
Wonkamaster

Why the hell would Renzo say Weidman was fading?
I thought Weidman trained at Renzo's?
7/8/13 11:44 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Renzo is 100% correct.
7/8/13 11:45 AM
newbie2013

I agree with renzo Phone Post
7/8/13 11:50 AM
Rob San Soo

100% Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 11:50 AM
Jack Carter
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It really boggles my mind that even one person agrees with Renzo.

Are people not looking at this objectively? Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 11:53 AM
caseharts
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Jack Carter - It really boggles my mind that even one person agrees with Renzo.

Most but not all are Anderson fans. I'm surprised since renzo trains with Chris Phone Post
7/8/13 11:54 AM
REDRUM_NYC

A fading man who was never once in trouble and knocked the head off the GOAT clean

7/8/13 11:57 AM
dbeedy
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 11:58 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 

Most but not all are Anderson fans. I'm surprised since renzo trains with Chris Phone Post

I guess renzo is an anderson fan.

Lol at all of you being upset with Renzo calling it how he sees it even though he trains with Chris.
7/8/13 12:00 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

interesting renzo would say that chris was fading...

7/8/13 12:01 PM
Mufasatheking

I agree with the idea that Anderson got over confident after defending the sub attempts and clowned too much.
7/8/13 12:03 PM
caposa
1704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% right. He was using the taunting to try and set Weidman up for counters, but he took it overboard against the wrong opponent. If you guys didn't see Weidman fading, I don't know what fight you were watching. He was visibly tired midway through the first round.

Anderson even stuffed his only takedown attempt of the 2nd round about 30 seconds before the KO. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:03 PM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson got humbled big time the rematch will be a highly anticipated fight that no doubt Anderson will want to take. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:05 PM
Brian Rule
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman showed fairly obvious signs of fatigue and/or adrenaline dump between rounds; he won because of his determination and specifically by continuing to throw punches in that last combo, putting one eventually on the button.

In Anderson's prior 'matrix' sequences, the opponent (Rich, Forrect, et al) would pull their punches after missing the first few, which then of course puts Anderson out of harm. This decision is natural as it sucks to completely whif on any strike let alone multiples in a row. In that last combo, Weidman didn't stop throwing and it won him the fight. Not sure why this is so hard for everyone to see, it's simple odds. The longer one tries to slip/weave/roll punches in a row the more likely it is that he'll get caught.

Props to Weidman on the win, and for not stopping when he easily could have.
7/8/13 12:06 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
cyberc92 -
caseharts - 

I guess renzo is an anderson fan.

Lol at all of you being upset with Renzo calling it how he sees it even though he trains with Chris.
He saod he was fading. Many people do not agree with that. If he had been rocked by anderson or spammed take downs abs couldn't hit any than yes he was fading but he missed one takedown and decided to bang. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.