UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

7/8/13 12:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bisping decisioned my SN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheJudge - Fading? I must've been watching a different fight. I thought Weidman dealt with the taunting well and snapped Andy's neck back with that shot when he was leaning back in his exaggerated way. I guess he was fading when he continued to throw shots and was really fading when he leapt on him and bounced his head off the mat twice.

Renzo is spot on about many of his comments but I disagree with this facet.
Same. Didn't look like he was fading. Maybe silva was getting to him but certainly not fading Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:09 PM
crumbs
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - Silva played around too much but not in the actual KO sequence. He uses his head/body movement in every fight and he was matrixing Chris' combo this time too, too bad it was a better combo than Silva could dodge. It's so amazing when you manage to dodge combos, look like a GOAT, demoralize your opponent even more, but when you get clipped, it's even more awesome.

Anderson threw alot of strikes in the fight that were supposed to blast Chris' head off(TRYING TO FINISH), they didn't hit because Chris was out of his reach.

What are you talking about, Anderson did the fake " rubber legs " act, seconds before the KO.

He put him self in a disadavatage position to be flat footed buy having both feet firmly planted on the ground at the same time while shaking his legs like a retard, while still in the pocket,which he has never done before ( lots of taunting but never to this degree ).

Pretending to be rocked is the most stupid thing you can do, cause while your pretending and not really rocked, the very act of acting like you are is putting you at a positional disadvantage.

Same thing melvin did to Nate, which of course seconds later he was taping out to the guillotine, he pretended to be rocked , dipping his head down like a retard, and Nate was like , thank you, win in the bag.

7/8/13 12:10 PM
ortman166

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - He's right. Silva clowned for too long. Phone Post
Yup this. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:11 PM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
caposa - 100% right. He was using the taunting to try and set Weidman up for counters, but he took it overboard against the wrong opponent. If you guys didn't see Weidman fading, I don't know what fight you were watching. He was visibly tired midway through the first round.

Anderson even stuffed his only takedown attempt of the 2nd round about 30 seconds before the KO. Phone Post 3.0
I think I have a different opinion of the word fading. I don't associate fading with gassing.i see it as a mental issue where someone is broken. A great example is Anderson okami 2. He was not gassed he had faded though. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:14 PM
jjchgo
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheJudge - Fading? I must've been watching a different fight. I thought Weidman dealt with the taunting well and snapped Andy's neck back with that shot when he was leaning back in his exaggerated way. I guess he was fading when he continued to throw shots and was really fading when he leapt on him and bounced his head off the mat twice.

Renzo is spot on about many of his comments but I disagree with this facet.

this!
7/8/13 12:16 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I associate fading with gassing mostly. When a fighter's offense is weakening or clearly not what it was at some point earlier in the fight. I guess there could also be a mental aspect. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:16 PM
supersaiyan

I stopped bothering with Silva after the Maia fight about 8 years ago or whatever...glad he got his cocky RJJ wannabe ass KTFO
7/8/13 12:18 PM
mestregruber
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It really boggles my mind that you guys think you know Chris Weidman better than Renzo does. I'm inclined to take his word for it.
7/8/13 12:18 PM
Dead President
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Rule - Weidman showed fairly obvious signs of fatigue and/or adrenaline dump between rounds; he won because of his determination and specifically by continuing to throw punches in that last combo, putting one eventually on the button.

In Anderson's prior 'matrix' sequences, the opponent (Rich, Forrect, et al) would pull their punches after missing the first few, which then of course puts Anderson out of harm. This decision is natural as it sucks to completely whif on any strike let alone multiples in a row. In that last combo, Weidman didn't stop throwing and it won him the fight. Not sure why this is so hard for everyone to see, it's simple odds. The longer one tries to slip/weave/roll punches in a row the more likely it is that he'll get caught.

Props to Weidman on the win, and for not stopping when he easily could have.
This!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:21 PM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
mestregruber - It really boggles my mind that you guys think you know Chris Weidman better than Renzo does. I'm inclined to take his word for it.
I don't automatically think he's a better analyst because he's a badass. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:22 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
caposa - I associate fading with gassing mostly. When a fighter's offense is weakening or clearly not what it was at some point earlier in the fight. I guess there could also be a mental aspect. Phone Post 3.0
We just disagree.

There's a word for gassing eg gassing.

So I use fading for mental aspects.
Maybe a mix of the two but Chris never waivered mentaly that's for sure. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:27 PM
Libero21
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha whenever I read articles by renzo I read it in his accent Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:28 PM
Gin Tonic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe not "Fading", but there was some legit concern in his face in the second when the clowning started, and his take- downs were stuffed. That normally spells doom for Silva's opponents, so i can't imagine anyone would want to see it in the cage opposite them. He must have been extremely disheartened.

Props to Weidman for pushing through it. Was so surreal to see Andy fall like that, I almost thought he was still clowning as he was hitting the canvas.
7/8/13 12:29 PM
Ip Man 81

Jack Carter - Wrong. Weidman landed his best shots in the 2nd not even counting the KO shot.

He was slipping almost all of Silva's counters and kept catching him.

If anyone was fading, it was Silva. All he could by the second was try to discourage Weidman and Weidman just kept the pressure and put Silva down. Phone Post 3.0
Wrong

Weidman was absolutely fading, and landed his best shots when he slept Anderson. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:30 PM
Il Duce
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Chris reverse trolled Anderson by making him think he was gonna fight his fight, when team Longo-Serra had planned for it all along. Maybe he acted a bit tired and sucked into a wild brawl so Silva would drop his hands and start to clown?

Wouldn't that be interesting??? Hmm…

(I'm totally being a fool here, not serious)

Or am I? Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:31 PM
Haulport

You guys don't seem to realize that Renzo is setting up Anderson for the rematch. He wants Anderson to think that Chris was weak and would have fallen apart from fatigue if the fight went longer and this is ALL to make Andseron think he still has an advantage and to become complacent.

Eatin Applesauce

im sorry but lol at this
SlapUsilly
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.. Gotta love they idiocy on this forum.

At the Atama BJJ forum, you have people questioning Rickson's criteria for promoting a 50 year old to brown belt... as if they know better.

On this thread, we have a bunch of relative nobodies arguing that Renzo is wrong on his analysis of a fight involving a fighter of his extended team.

Believe me... there's a good chance that Renzo knows a little bit more about fights and fighters than we do.

LOL... seriously....
7/8/13 12:36 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
SlapUsilly - LOL.. Gotta love they idiocy on this forum.

At the Atama BJJ forum, you have people questioning Rickson's criteria for promoting a 50 year old to brown belt... as if they know better.

On this thread, we have a bunch of relative nobodies arguing that Renzo is wrong on his analysis of a fight involving a fighter of his extended team.

Believe me... there's a good chance that Renzo knows a little bit more about fights and fighters than we do.

LOL... seriously....
There have been plenty examples of that not being true. And criteria for promoting a Brown belt have 0 comparability.

I'm sure Renzo knows way more than WAY more. But I don't blindly agree with everyone either. I stated earlier I have a clear different definition of the word fading. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:39 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
JustTheTip -
caseharts - 
mestregruber - It really boggles my mind that you guys think you know Chris Weidman better than Renzo does. I'm inclined to take his word for it.
I don't automatically think he's a better analyst because he's a badass. Phone Post

How about because he trains him, likely knows him well, and is aware what was said and what the mood was in between rounds?
I know he trains with him occasionally that still doesn't warrant it. Now if Matt fucking serra did. I would shut the fuck up. Phone Post
7/8/13 12:49 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo knows Weidman a lot better than us so I'm gonna have to take his word for it... 

7/8/13 12:50 PM
JetSetter

Anderson 100% was trying to draw Chris in so he could counter punch knock him out. Chris' reach is longer than Silvas previous opponents though and was a major factor in him connecting. Andy didn't do anything in the cage Saturday night that he hasn't done time after time. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:51 PM
TheMessiah

Refuse to Lose - Anderson got humbled big time the rematch will be a highly anticipated fight that no doubt Anderson will want to take. Phone Post
I agree 100%. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:54 PM
theoutsiders
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - Silva played around too much but not in the actual KO sequence. He uses his head/body movement in every fight and he was matrixing Chris' combo this time too, too bad it was a better combo than Silva could dodge. It's so amazing when you manage to dodge combos, look like a GOAT, demoralize your opponent even more, but when you get clipped, it's even more awesome.

Anderson threw alot of strikes in the fight that were supposed to blast Chris' head off(TRYING TO FINISH), they didn't hit because Chris was out of his reach.
LOL you must of not seen him fake the stanky leg A SECOND before getting knocked the fuck out. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:57 PM
theoutsiders
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's what I'm thinking!!!

All these asshats in here "Renzo must have no watched the same fight"

Renzo has more fight knowledge on the tip of his fucking pinky finger than all of you have in your bodies combined. STFU already. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.