UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

7/8/13 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theoutsiders
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
mestregruber - It really boggles my mind that you guys think you know Chris Weidman better than Renzo does. I'm inclined to take his word for it.
I don't automatically think he's a better analyst because he's a badass. Phone Post
Renzo just has "being a badass" under his resume? Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 12:59 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman trains with Renzo right?
7/8/13 1:01 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo is correct... the KO flurry actually looked like it was thrown in frustration... it just happened to land flush, unfortunately for Silve
7/8/13 1:02 PM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman wad gassing in the 2nd, if Andy was defending himself at all he could've taken it to the 3rd and finished him. Congrats to Chris tho he won fair and square. Phone Post
7/8/13 1:02 PM
adamscheulen
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally saw him being frustrated Phone Post
7/8/13 1:04 PM
theoutsiders
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stigga - Weidman trains with Renzo right?
Yeah he trains at the Renzo Gracie academy in manhattan. Where Renzo is at A LOT of the time. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 1:07 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
theoutsiders -
caseharts -
mestregruber - It really boggles my mind that you guys think you know Chris Weidman better than Renzo does. I'm inclined to take his word for it.
I don't automatically think he's a better analyst because he's a badass. Phone Post
Renzo just has "being a badass" under his resume? Phone Post 3.0
Bro he's arguably a legend. I'm not going to write out his accolades Phone Post
7/8/13 1:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
caposa - I associate fading with gassing mostly. When a fighter's offense is weakening or clearly not what it was at some point earlier in the fight. I guess there could also be a mental aspect. Phone Post 3.0
We just disagree.

There's a word for gassing eg gassing.

So I use fading for mental aspects.
Maybe a mix of the two but Chris never waivered mentaly that's for sure. Phone Post
I think Silva got Weidman where he wanted him. Maybe not mentally broke but just not sure what he could do. But Silva clowned for too long and once Weidman noticed nothing was really being thrown at him just went for it and got the win. RJJ said basically the same thing as Renzo. Phone Post
7/8/13 1:14 PM
Akston
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo lecturing someone else on antics... Hmmmmmmmmmm Phone Post
7/8/13 1:21 PM
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter - Wrong. Weidman landed his best shots in the 2nd not even counting the KO shot.

He was slipping almost all of Silva's counters and kept catching him.

If anyone was fading, it was Silva. All he could by the second was try to discourage Weidman and Weidman just kept the pressure and put Silva down. Phone Post 3.0

Came here to say close to the same.
7/8/13 1:25 PM
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the truth! Coming from a man who deliberately stepped on a opponent he defeated once in the mid 90s.... Phone Post
7/8/13 1:32 PM
theoutsiders

Ringworm74 - This is the truth! Coming from a man who deliberately stepped on a opponent he defeated once in the mid 90s.... Phone Post
Yep. People don't change over the course of a decade.

Hey guys, apparently Tyson bit someones ear off last Saturday at UFC 162 Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 1:32 PM
perfy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Renzo's assessment is accurate. Weidman looked like he was fading because his paced slowed a bit and he had his mouth open. He probably realized he needed to pace himself tho. I guess people will interpret Renzo's words with whatever biases they have. I actually thought Renzo was admonishing Anderson and not making excuses for a fellow Brazilian.
7/8/13 1:35 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theoutsiders - 
Stigga - Weidman trains with Renzo right?
Yeah he trains at the Renzo Gracie academy in manhattan. Where Renzo is at A LOT of the time. Phone Post 3.0

def adds credibility to Renzo's analysis (even though Renzo can be a nut sometimes).
7/8/13 1:38 PM
sniper1026

TTT!

Anderson received a big lesson on humility Saturday night.

"Anderson is a great champion, all he has to do is put his head in the right place and remember when he was a kid who was working hard in order to get where he is now, and be that boy again. When you begin to lose sight of who you are, you start to fall into traps like this. Life comes to collect”.

7/8/13 1:39 PM
tenchu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nicely said, Renzo.

Sad to see Silva couldn't keep it professionals and respectful as an experienced, mature champ should.

Karma.

Congrats Weidman.
7/8/13 1:40 PM
donkey guard
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read that whole thing in a Renzo voice , he speaks the truth. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 1:53 PM
SlapUsilly
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
SlapUsilly - LOL.. Gotta love they idiocy on this forum.

At the Atama BJJ forum, you have people questioning Rickson's criteria for promoting a 50 year old to brown belt... as if they know better.

On this thread, we have a bunch of relative nobodies arguing that Renzo is wrong on his analysis of a fight involving a fighter of his extended team.

Believe me... there's a good chance that Renzo knows a little bit more about fights and fighters than we do.

LOL... seriously....
There have been plenty examples of that not being true. And criteria for promoting a Brown belt have 0 comparability.

I'm sure Renzo knows way more than WAY more. But I don't blindly agree with everyone either. I stated earlier I have a clear different definition of the word fading. Phone Post

-- While you are entitled to disagree with anything, it doesn't mean you are correct. Renzo clearly states what a lot of people saw.. Weidman couldn't finish silva when he had the chance during the first round, and later capitalized on a split second opportunity provided by Silva's clowning around, despite being visibly fatigued and frustrated.

-- Arguing against the opinions of people who live for and practically invented the things you are disagreeing with them on is generally a fool's endeavor.

-- Fading has many meanings. You can disagree with Renzo I on the merits of your definition of fading in contrast to his, but I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out what the general idea he had in mind was.
Because of his resume and pedigree, I'll have to say he's correct.. however he meant it.
7/8/13 1:55 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
SlapUsilly - 
caseharts - 
SlapUsilly - LOL.. Gotta love they idiocy on this forum.

At the Atama BJJ forum, you have people questioning Rickson's criteria for promoting a 50 year old to brown belt... as if they know better.

On this thread, we have a bunch of relative nobodies arguing that Renzo is wrong on his analysis of a fight involving a fighter of his extended team.

Believe me... there's a good chance that Renzo knows a little bit more about fights and fighters than we do.

LOL... seriously....
There have been plenty examples of that not being true. And criteria for promoting a Brown belt have 0 comparability.

I'm sure Renzo knows way more than WAY more. But I don't blindly agree with everyone either. I stated earlier I have a clear different definition of the word fading. Phone Post

-- While you are entitled to disagree with anything, it doesn't mean you are correct. Renzo clearly states what a lot of people saw.. Weidman couldn't finish silva when he had the chance during the first round, and later capitalized on a split second opportunity provided by Silva's clowning around, despite being visibly fatigued and frustrated.

-- Arguing against the opinions of people who live for and practically invented the things you are disagreeing with them on is generally a fool's endeavor.

-- Fading has many meanings. You can disagree with Renzo I on the merits of your definition of fading in contrast to his, but I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out what the general idea he had in mind was.
Because of his resume and pedigree, I'll have to say he's correct.. however he meant it.

Well there are just as many people in here that disagree with him. His pedigree alone does not make him correct. I have made MULTIPLE statements stating I know he is a legend I know who the hell renzo gracie is a living legend. One of the best Gracies, but That doesn't mean I am inclined to agree with him. We can agree to disagree thats fine.

7/8/13 2:09 PM
Flexo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Chris was fading too. I had a smile on my face because everyone I was with was cheering so hard because of Weidman winning the first round, yet they forget that Andy gives up the first round a lot, only to finish in the second. Can't clown guys forever though. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 2:13 PM
Van Terminator
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Renzo's assessment, and I still believe Silva is well capable of beating Weidman, but I'm not expecting there to be a rematch to prove it.

For me, the strangest thing about all of this is the feeling that even after he's knocked out arguably the GOAT of this sport, we still haven't seen a true test of Weidman's skills. Saturday was a display of his incredible mental strength more than anything else.

I hope Belfort gets the next shot. I'd like to see how Weidman deals with a dangerous striker who is focused solely on knocking him out.
7/8/13 2:21 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo is 100% correct
7/8/13 2:23 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Van Terminator - I agree with Renzo's assessment, and I still believe Silva is well capable of beating Weidman, but I'm not expecting there to be a rematch to prove it.

For me, the strangest thing about all of this is the feeling that even after he's knocked out arguably the GOAT of this sport, we still haven't seen a true test of Weidman's skills. Saturday was a display of his incredible mental strength more than anything else.

I hope Belfort gets the next shot. I'd like to see how Weidman deals with a dangerous striker who is focused solely on knocking him out.

I vitors bjj is very dangerous but chris's bjj is top level too and he doesn't have the best take down defense. Sure he stuff bisping but bisping for having way better wrestling than the avg non wrestler is not a 2 time all american from hosftra. If anthony johnson can get vitor down Chris will with ease. 

7/8/13 2:31 PM
Pura Vida

Edited: 07/08/13 2:32 PM
Pitbull3744 - 

I dont agree with Renzo at all on this but then again he did call someone else disrespectful recently and...

Pretty sure Renzo would agree that he was being disrespectful, but even if he wouldn't you'd still have no point that was relevant to the thread topic.
7/8/13 2:37 PM
I LOVE GSP

Wonkamaster - Why the hell would Renzo say Weidman was fading?
I thought Weidman trained at Renzo's?

exactly he's telling the truth and all the deniers can't handle the truth.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.