UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

7/8/13 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hackett
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman fought well and won the first round, but I thought he looked frustrated and was slowing down.

But credit where it's due. Anderson kept clowing around, and Weidman kept following up on punches.

Like it or not, he earned the belt.

7/8/13 2:48 PM
Pura Vida
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subwrassler - Renzo is 100% correct

This, anyone who watched the fight and doesn't agree is quite obtuse. Nothing Renzo said isn't obviously true.
7/8/13 2:49 PM
E55 Pilot

Chris was NOT fading at all. Silva realized early on that he was not going to win and decided to try to change his tactic and clown instead of having to actually fight.
7/8/13 3:00 PM
Stan Dan Wang

please.
7/8/13 3:02 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman looked tired during a portion of the second round. There was a short window where Weidman appeared somewhat vulnerable - but Silva failed, or was unable, to take advantage.

Rematch: Silva wins by rope-a-dope strategy.
7/8/13 3:02 PM
Jack Carter
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
E55 Pilot - Chris was NOT fading at all. Silva realized early on that he was not going to win and decided to try to change his tactic and clown instead of having to actually fight.

This.  Chris was taking his time and not getting caught in Silvas game, Silva threw punches and had nothing for Chris.  I know its hard to imagine someone being better that night then Silva but it happened and it happened in every way.  

People are so dumb. They think that because Chris wasn't falling for Silva's game that he was "fading"

Pura Vida is a prime example of such extreme stupidity.

7/8/13 3:03 PM
Jack Carter
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IP - Weidman looked tired during a portion of the second round. There was a short window where Weidman appeared somewhat vulnerable - but Silva failed, or was unable, to take advantage.

You mean the part where in the middle of Silva's tactics, Weidman just stood there with his chin out, waiting for Silva to do something other than dance around?

7/8/13 3:08 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter - 
Pitbull3744 - 
E55 Pilot - Chris was NOT fading at all. Silva realized early on that he was not going to win and decided to try to change his tactic and clown instead of having to actually fight.

This.  Chris was taking his time and not getting caught in Silvas game, Silva threw punches and had nothing for Chris.  I know its hard to imagine someone being better that night then Silva but it happened and it happened in every way.  

People are so dumb. They think that because Chris wasn't falling for Silva's game that he was "fading"

Jack, I wanted Weidman to win and I only saw the fight once. I started to worry a little during the second round when I saw Weidman slowing down, breathing from his mouth, and Anderson starting to fuck with him. I thought, "oh shit - Anderson has him figured out." Thankfully, that wasn't the case.
7/8/13 3:10 PM
IP

Jack Carter - 
IP - Weidman looked tired during a portion of the second round. There was a short window where Weidman appeared somewhat vulnerable - but Silva failed, or was unable, to take advantage.

You mean the part where in the middle of Silva's tactics, Weidman just stood there with his chin out, waiting for Silva to do something other than dance around?

At that stage, I thought Weidman was starting to look confused by Anderson's movement - which Anderson has done to others before he put them away. I was very concerned, however brief.
7/8/13 3:11 PM
Jack Carter

Anderson looked more drained to me. Right when they stood back up in round 1 it looked like Silva was running low on energy. He was breathing heavy.

7/8/13 3:12 PM
theoutsiders
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hackett -

Weidman fought well and won the first round, but I thought he looked frustrated and was slowing down.

But credit where it's due. Anderson kept clowing around, and Weidman kept following up on punches.

Like it or not, he earned the belt.

This. VTFU Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 3:13 PM
IP

Jack Carter - 

Anderson looked more drained to me. Right when they stood back up in round 1 it looked like Silva was running low on energy. He was breathing heavy.

I completely agree. After that exchange, Anderson wanted none of Weidman on the ground.
7/8/13 3:14 PM
IP

Did anyone else thing Anderson looked a little soft around the gut (conditioning)?
7/8/13 3:14 PM
Jons Forsberg

caseharts - 
caposa - I associate fading with gassing mostly. When a fighter's offense is weakening or clearly not what it was at some point earlier in the fight. I guess there could also be a mental aspect. Phone Post 3.0
We just disagree.

There's a word for gassing eg gassing.

So I use fading for mental aspects.
Maybe a mix of the two but Chris never waivered mentaly that's for sure. Phone Post

he actually said "gassing", fading was poor translation.
7/8/13 3:17 PM
Pura Vida

Jack Carter - 
Pitbull3744 - 

Cool, you lied about what I said and then claimed I was an idiot because you're a liar.

You lying makes you and only you an idiot.

Chris was visibly tired in the last half of the first round and came up with one of the slowest and most pathetic take downs ever in round two - despite being a world class wrestler. HE looked super tired and Silva was connecting at will.

I didn't say anything that you could in any remotely plausible way interpret as thinking I came to the conclusion he was fading because he didn't fall for Andersons nonsense. You made that up from scratch, it is 100% premeditated lie on your part.

Think about that, you just invented a lie out of thin air,because you so desperately want people to agree with you on a meaningless internet conversation that you apparently couldn't help yourself.
7/8/13 3:21 PM
Jons Forsberg

Jack Carter - Wrong. Weidman landed his best shots in the 2nd not even counting the KO shot.

He was slipping almost all of Silva's counters and kept catching him.

If anyone was fading, it was Silva. All he could by the second was try to discourage Weidman and Weidman just kept the pressure and put Silva down. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with this.
7/8/13 3:21 PM
FloridaStriker

lol fading? uhhh....no lol
7/8/13 3:22 PM
Jons Forsberg

"HE looked super tired and Silva was connecting at will. "

wow he's right you are stupid.
7/8/13 3:34 PM
Sofa King Cool
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hindsight is 20/20, but during the fight I thought for sure Chris was fading and succumbing to the head games. I thought he looked frustrated and then POW! Right in the kisser.

Chris has grapefruits. 99.9% of all other fighters would have frozen up and got finished. Chris walked him down and kept fighting. He's not getting much respect for the win, but he deserves it. The guy is a beast and I can't wait to see him fight again. Hopefully Vitor is next. Phone Post
7/8/13 3:41 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - Not spamming take downs and standing with Anderson sites not Jean type fading. He kept his composure where other guys turned into brawlers and andy destroyed them. Had he nor koed him he would have taken him down again. Phone Post
Ando stuffed his last couple take downs with absolute ease Phone Post
7/8/13 3:43 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
burner22 - 
caseharts - Not spamming take downs and standing with Anderson sites not Jean type fading. He kept his composure where other guys turned into brawlers and andy destroyed them. Had he nor koed him he would have taken him down again. Phone Post
Ando stuffed his last couple take downs with absolute ease Phone Post

they were in the clinch. against the fence he did not shoot.

7/8/13 3:49 PM
McGruff The Crime Hog
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great comments by Renzo, always love his insight. I am not sure if Chris wasnt just hesitating as opposed to fading. It looked more like hesitation due to Anderson's antics. Even though Chris has seen those antics before, seeing that kind of behavior in your own title fight must cause some brain farts. Anderson started even before round 2 began. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 7:19 PM
Leck Brosnar

theoutsiders - 
Leck Brosnar - Silva played around too much but not in the actual KO sequence. He uses his head/body movement in every fight and he was matrixing Chris' combo this time too, too bad it was a better combo than Silva could dodge. It's so amazing when you manage to dodge combos, look like a GOAT, demoralize your opponent even more, but when you get clipped, it's even more awesome.

Anderson threw alot of strikes in the fight that were supposed to blast Chris' head off(TRYING TO FINISH), they didn't hit because Chris was out of his reach.
LOL you must of not seen him fake the stanky leg A SECOND before getting knocked the fuck out. Phone Post 3.0

If you watch the KO sequence again, you can see after Chris lands the first left, Anderson does his rubber legs imitation just to get Weidman to come in and Silva tries a left COUNTER but misses. Then Weidman continues his combo and knocks him the fuck out. Anderson did his rubber leg imitation, got Weidman to come in but FAILED in his counter and proceeded to get KTFO.

This is what Anderson does, he just failed in the counter and this time there was a confident challenger that kept on coming and throwing.
7/8/13 8:03 PM
Leck Brosnar

http://i.minus.com/ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

There's a gif for reference

As soon as Weidman starts coming in, Silva tries to throw a left from his waist but fails and proceeds to get KTFO.

Anderson is a counter striker who wanted a reaction with his "clowning", he got a reaction and failed in his counter.

7/8/13 8:27 PM
Leck Brosnar

Reed Rothchild - Damn people, Weidman mouth was open, take downs were stuffed... That combo was his last hurrah.. Phone Post 3.0

Can you post some gifs of Anderson landing any damaging shots to the face? No, because Chris was the one landing them. Why was he done?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.