UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

7/8/13 9:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Glovegate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what you're saying is, Anderson doesn't have enough power?  If he landed alllll those strikes, why didn't he win by KO?

7/8/13 10:42 PM
TommyRSU
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/08/13 10:48 PM

Not to be an asshole here, but do you guys train? How could you not see that both guys were tired in round 1? Caposa is on the money. I am not trying to take anything away from Chris, in fact I think it's even more impressive when you consider it. Way to step up.

Both guys felt the affects of that first round.  I am not saying it did or would change the outcome.  Sorry if this is arguing semantics, but I think fading and tired are different when it comes to fighting.  Both guys were tired in round 1, the difference was both guys were doing different things to try to hide it.  Those head games from Silva could have very well been an intelligent attempt at trying to get a 2nd wind while getting into Weidmans head at the same time.  Looked like to me that Silva took some big shots on the ground, and the kneebar/heel hook combo was closer than he wanted it to be.  I'm not sure he took the kid lightly or not, and it really doesn't matter at this point.  If they fight again, I guarentee you he won't the 2nd time.

Caposa VTFU.

7/8/13 10:46 PM
Kerouac

Weidman is/was quicker than Anderson...showed that throughout the fight. So Silva kicked his leg a couple of times, whooptie fucking do.

7/8/13 10:47 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

I agree with Renzo.

Even the casuals who were over for the fights pointed out he was slowing in the second. You could see it in his TDD attempts more than anywhere.

Renzo knows Chris better than any of us, why would he be lying or even incorrect vs the opinions of posters who never see him train? Phone Post
7/8/13 10:48 PM
Kerouac

TommyRSU -  Do you guys train? How could you not see that was tires in round 1? Caposa is on the money. I am not trying to take anything away from Chris, in fact I think it's even more impressive when you consider it. Way to step up. Phone Post

Tired compared to who?

Not compared to Anderson, that's for fucking sure. What did Anderson do in the 2nd round, or what didn't Weidman do in the 2nd round to prove your point?
7/8/13 10:49 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Gates of Janus -
burner22 - 
caseharts - Not spamming take downs and standing with Anderson sites not Jean type fading. He kept his composure where other guys turned into brawlers and andy destroyed them. Had he nor koed him he would have taken him down again. Phone Post
Ando stuffed his last couple take downs with absolute ease Phone Post

yes, with his hands down at his waist the whole time and backing up.

please tell me you are not so stupid to understand that makes TDD much easier.

andy was doing everything to NOT get taken down.
So you're pointing out that Anderson had great TDD in the second round? No shit.

Wiedman was also clearly slower and more lumbered in the second. He pushed a nasty pace in the first. Phone Post
7/8/13 10:59 PM
Dazednconfused
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do you think Chris never went for another takedown? Because he was gassing. I was saying this straight after the fight you could see it. Go watch the fight again instead of letting your hate for Anderson make your mind up. Renzo is Weidman's boy, he's saying it how it is. Lol why would he lie? Even his own trainer could see it yet 90% of fans can't. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 11:01 PM
TommyRSU
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kerouac - 
TommyRSU -  Do you guys train? How could you not see that was tires in round 1? Caposa is on the money. I am not trying to take anything away from Chris, in fact I think it's even more impressive when you consider it. Way to step up. Phone Post

Tired compared to who?

Not compared to Anderson, that's for fucking sure. What did Anderson do in the 2nd round, or what didn't Weidman do in the 2nd round to prove your point?

Does it matter?  Both guys were tired, that's my opinion.  Why does it have to be compared to something for it to matter?  Read my edit, dude.  I'm not taking away anything from anyone, or saying he was more/less tired than Anderson.  I just said Chris was visibly tired, and it didn't matter and he powered through it.  I also said Anderson was tired as well.  I'm not comparing the two of them and it would be irrelevant anyway.  Renzo said Chris was fading, I said he was tired.  People who are fading don't usually step forward and continue to throw combos, and that is how I see it.  I'm really confused as to why you are arguing with me.  Both of them were tired and if you guys don't think so, I don't know what the fuck to tell you.  I'm not saying that changed the outcome.  Like Jim Miller said, fighters getting tired is like swimmers getting wet.  It's a part of the game.  However, to suggest Chris was full of gas is naive.

Don't know why you are referencing the 2nd round when they were both tired in the 1st.  Just because you get 60 seconds doesn't mean everything returns to normal.

7/8/13 11:07 PM
Kerouac

Tired is relative...that's why i brought it up. I never argued with you, I asked a couple of questions to see what you meant.
I said 2nd round because Anderson didn't do shit in the first...nor the 2nd.
Chris was tired, sure, but like you said, both were tired. So why bring up " tired " or " fading " if you don't compare it to the person he was fighting. That's my point.
7/8/13 11:22 PM
Kunu

What was Silva saying to Weidman that Renzo was referring to? Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 11:25 PM
MOAOZINHO

Jack Carter - It really boggles my mind that even one person agrees with Renzo.

Are people not looking at this objectively? Phone Post 3.0

You're out of your mind. I won my bet on Weidman and he was definitely fading in the 2nd. He took a huge adrenaline dump after that failed leglock attempt
7/8/13 11:32 PM
Kerouac

Kunu - What was Silva saying to Weidman that Renzo was referring to? Phone Post 3.0

No clue...

Weidman was on the MMAhour today and said that Silva was yelling at him to not wrestle, that the fans wanted to see standup...he(Weidman) laughed at that while telling Ariel.
7/9/13 1:39 AM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Renzo is spot on here. 

7/9/13 2:05 AM
theoutsiders
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 2:06 AM
theoutsiders
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 2:56 AM
SOO72
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feding after 1 round, that guy? Renzo is cracked. If anything he was just being more cautious and getting frustrated with Silva's fuck you dance.
7/9/13 3:06 AM
Wasa-B
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
burner22 - 
caseharts - Not spamming take downs and standing with Anderson sites not Jean type fading. He kept his composure where other guys turned into brawlers and andy destroyed them. Had he nor koed him he would have taken him down again. Phone Post

they were in the clinch. against the fence he did not shoot.

But he still easily stopped the tds in the clinch. Completely agree Weidman kept his composure and it was possibly Anderson losing his which lead to the exagerrated showboating. But the strategy did work to stop Weidman from focusing on the td and the one's he did attempt were easily "stuffed" (defended).
7/9/13 3:49 AM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

Jack Carter - Wrong. Weidman landed his best shots in the 2nd not even counting the KO shot.

He was slipping almost all of Silva's counters and kept catching him.

If anyone was fading, it was Silva. All he could by the second was try to discourage Weidman and Weidman just kept the pressure and put Silva down. Phone Post 3.0

You don't think weidman was gassing? I thought he was, he was fading. Although this is the first weidman fight i've seen personally, up until the KO nothing told me he'd beat silva. Silva was an idiot, weidman capitalized, he's the winner.
7/9/13 8:34 AM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheJudge - Fading? I must've been watching a different fight. I thought Weidman dealt with the taunting well and snapped Andy's neck back with that shot when he was leaning back in his exaggerated way. I guess he was fading when he continued to throw shots and was really fading when he leapt on him and bounced his head off the mat twice.

Renzo is spot on about many of his comments but I disagree with this facet.

Don't you think Renzo is a little closer to the source (than you)?
7/9/13 10:25 AM
JStrongMMA

Weidman wasn't fading..he was fine. I'm sure Anderson got into his head a bit but Chris looked very calm in there. Silva needed to take him seriously and he didn't. That's why he lost the way he did. Chris may have beaten him regardless but Silva's performance was embarassing. Phone Post
7/9/13 10:27 AM
JStrongMMA

Wasa-B -
caseharts - 
burner22 - 

they were in the clinch. against the fence he did not shoot.

But he still easily stopped the tds in the clinch. Completely agree Weidman kept his composure and it was possibly Anderson losing his which lead to the exagerrated showboating. But the strategy did work to stop Weidman from focusing on the td and the one's he did attempt were easily "stuffed" (defended).
He only shot for two takedowns in the fight. The first one he took AS down easily...the second was stuffe because Chris didn't set it up and it was a weak shoot. If Weidman wanted him down he would have taken him down. Phone Post
7/9/13 10:42 AM
TuLegit

Bet Chris wasn't too happy reading that. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 10:54 AM
Kneeblock
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at people saying "Weidman wasn't fading. WTF is Renzo talking about" when Renzo's team was in Weidman's corner. I doubt Renzo is giving his opinion, but reporting what he was actually told by Danaher and Co.

7/9/13 11:37 AM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's funny that people who have probably never trained anything a day in their life think they know more about this situation than Renzo. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 11:45 AM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yep everyone knows more than renzo...

and the weidman bandwagon needs to make a pit stop in this thread before it gets going too fast.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=2197711&page=1

ando asked before the fight what would be the best outcome of the fight?

"Chris new MW champ"."No hematch".

ando wants to box rjj and champions clause wouldnt let him...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.