UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

7/9/13 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 
Jack Carter -
Pitbull3744 - 
E55 Pilot - Chris was NOT fading at all. Silva realized early on that he was not going to win and decided to try to change his tactic and clown instead of having to actually fight.

This.  Chris was taking his time and not getting caught in Silvas game, Silva threw punches and had nothing for Chris.  I know its hard to imagine someone being better that night then Silva but it happened and it happened in every way.  

People are so dumb. They think that because Chris wasn't falling for Silva's game that he was "fading"

Pura Vida is a prime example of such extreme stupidity.

Unless you're being sarcastic...Renzo probably knows more than any of us what Chris looks and acts like as he is fading. Phone Post

Unless you're swinging on Renzo's nuts just because he's Renzo then get real.

just because you have more knowledge than others doesn't mean you're always right, Emanuel Steward once told me Alexis Arguello was probably going to destroy Aaron Pryor, didn't quite turn out that way.

Weidman was never in any kind of trouble in that fight and Silva was never winning, showboating is not scoring, it's just showboating.

Pittbull3744 said it best, "Chris was taking his time and not getting caught in Silvas game, Silva threw punches and had nothing for Chris. I know its hard to imagine someone being better that night then Silva but it happened and it happened in every way."
7/9/13 11:29 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabefromfort - Weidman did slow down because you simply can't keep that pace up. He also said he still had health problems, and was sluggish from the layoff, which is one of the reasons Silva fought him in the first place. The other was Fertitta stepped in, and told Silva he had to fight Weidman. Silva did not want this fight. Anyways, imagine a sharp, in shape Weidman fighting. Here's what I saw in a nutshell, and pretty much what I thought as it went down. Weidman came out with heat on Silva right off, with every strike with bad intentions. He got Silva down and landed the first three blows ( downstrikes ), one of which Weidman said he saw Silva's eyes roll back in his head. They landed because noone has ever done this to Silva, and Weidman is good, and fast. He didn't expect it. You carry these punches with you for the rest of the night. I'm a fighter, I know. Your senses are dulled, your thoughts are foggy, and your reaction is off. Your punches lose power. Those three punches set up the rest of the night. Weidman let Silva slip away because he went for the early submission, and his timing and sharpness was off. No problem. He is fundamentally sound, fast, and powerful standing, with good defense there. When he moves, he takes his feet with him. He has balance and power, and transitions at all times is available, just like on the ground. He is not as flashy as Silva but is great at boxing. Silva was getting clocked standing, clowning or not clowning. I think Silva was getting hurt by jabs, not just the left hooks, and straight right hands. When he feigned hurt, I think he was hurt! Silva threw all the tricks in the book in the second. A last ditch effort. The pressure got to him. When he feigned lets do this fight over here , and summoned Weidman, it was to make light of the pressure, and, get a break from it. He literally panicked the more the fight went on. He was losing, and had nowhere to go, or nothing to turn to. He couldn't reach Weidman, who was also slipping the punches nicely, the ones that got there. Weidman is tall, and fast, Silva had trouble getting in range. Silva was getting back in it with the leg kicks, and dancing, but he, couldn,t keep that pace for the rest of the fight. Weidman's pressure would gas him. Silva knew that and when he stopped to fight he got caught. Silva's antics were a result of panic, and frustration. Noone has come after him to seperate him from his senses like this before, not even Sonnen.
Go outside. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:21 AM
jimbonice

Renzo is absofuckinglutely correct in his assertions. Phone Post
7/10/13 5:54 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noun 1. fading - weakening in force or intensity;

I disagree with what Renzo said

Chris was not backing down or sitting back Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 8:07 AM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TuLegit -
Fabefromfort - Weidman did slow down because you simply can't keep that pace up. He also said he still had health problems, and was sluggish from the layoff, which is one of the reasons Silva fought him in the first place. The other was Fertitta stepped in, and told Silva he had to fight Weidman. Silva did not want this fight. Anyways, imagine a sharp, in shape Weidman fighting. Here's what I saw in a nutshell, and pretty much what I thought as it went down. Weidman came out with heat on Silva right off, with every strike with bad intentions. He got Silva down and landed the first three blows ( downstrikes ), one of which Weidman said he saw Silva's eyes roll back in his head. They landed because noone has ever done this to Silva, and Weidman is good, and fast. He didn't expect it. You carry these punches with you for the rest of the night. I'm a fighter, I know. Your senses are dulled, your thoughts are foggy, and your reaction is off. Your punches lose power. Those three punches set up the rest of the night. Weidman let Silva slip away because he went for the early submission, and his timing and sharpness was off. No problem. He is fundamentally sound, fast, and powerful standing, with good defense there. When he moves, he takes his feet with him. He has balance and power, and transitions at all times is available, just like on the ground. He is not as flashy as Silva but is great at boxing. Silva was getting clocked standing, clowning or not clowning. I think Silva was getting hurt by jabs, not just the left hooks, and straight right hands. When he feigned hurt, I think he was hurt! Silva threw all the tricks in the book in the second. A last ditch effort. The pressure got to him. When he feigned lets do this fight over here , and summoned Weidman, it was to make light of the pressure, and, get a break from it. He literally panicked the more the fight went on. He was losing, and had nowhere to go, or nothing to turn to. He couldn't reach Weidman, who was also slipping the punches nicely, the ones that got there. Weidman is tall, and fast, Silva had trouble getting in range. Silva was getting back in it with the leg kicks, and dancing, but he, couldn,t keep that pace for the rest of the fight. Weidman's pressure would gas him. Silva knew that and when he stopped to fight he got caught. Silva's antics were a result of panic, and frustration. Noone has come after him to seperate him from his senses like this before, not even Sonnen.
Go outside. Phone Post 3.0
I think fabefromfort nailed it. That's the fight I saw. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 8:17 AM
Entreri

andre - 
hubbarocks - LOL! Obviously Renzo is sticking up for a fellow Brazilian to Brazilian press, anyone not in denial can see that. Weidman was the better fighter all around and was nowhere near fading.
This is exactly right. Phone Post 3.0

7/10/13 8:21 AM
goldenboyart

Edited: 07/10/13 10:33 AM
<blockquote>Wonkamaster - Why the hell would Renzo say Weidman was fading? <br />

I thought Weidman trained at Renzo's?</blockquote><br />

This is exactly what I thought. Henzo is fucking delusional.<br /><br />

And it's pretty fucked up to think that he's saying this shit after training with Weidman.<br /><br />

Good to know what he really thinks of Chris, HUH?<br /><br />

And what's with this "Kid" shit. The Kid this and the Kid that. Last time I checked a 29 year old man is NOT a fuckin Kid. That's disrespectful in my opinion in and of itself.<br /><br />

It's easy to see through his comments though. He's just fucking pandering to his croud from where he's from.<br /><br />

If I was Chris I'd never train with him again if he's gonna sell you out that damn fast even AFTER you WON and beat Silva in every aspect.<br /><br /><br />

Haters gonna hate.
7/10/13 8:24 AM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goldenboyart -
Wonkamaster - Why the hell would Renzo say Weidman was fading?
I thought Weidman trained at Renzo's?

This is exactly what I thought. Henzo is fucking delusional.

And it's pretty fucked up to think that he's saying this shit after training with Weidman.

Good to know what he really thinks of Matt, HUH?

And what's with this "Kid" shit. The Kid this and the Kid that. Last time I checked a 29 year old man is NOT a fuckin Kid. That's disrespectful in my opinion in and of itself.

It's easy to see through his comments though. He's just fucking pandering to his croud from where he's from.

If I was Matt I'd never train with him again if he's gonna sell you out that damn fast even AFTER you WON and beat Silva in every aspect.

Haters gonna hate.
Chris Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 8:39 AM
Leck Brosnar

orcus - 

Well something sure made him fail miserably on takedown attempts 2 and 3. 

Maybe they were magical "fake" shots just to remind Anderson that the threat is there, then he proceeded to KNOCK ANDERSON THE FUCK OUT. :)
7/10/13 8:42 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Johnny D -
Jack Carter -
Pitbull3744 - 
E55 Pilot - Chris was NOT fading at all. Silva realized early on that he was not going to win and decided to try to change his tactic and clown instead of having to actually fight.

This.  Chris was taking his time and not getting caught in Silvas game, Silva threw punches and had nothing for Chris.  I know its hard to imagine someone being better that night then Silva but it happened and it happened in every way.  

People are so dumb. They think that because Chris wasn't falling for Silva's game that he was "fading"

Unless you're being sarcastic...Renzo probably knows more than any of us what Chris looks and acts like as he is fading. Phone Post

just because you have more knowledge than others doesn't mean you're always right, Emanuel Steward once told me Alexis Arguello was probably going to destroy Aaron Pryor, didn't quite turn out that way.

Weidman was never in any kind of trouble in that fight and Silva was never winning, showboating is not scoring, it's just showboating.

Pittbull3744 said it best, "Chris was taking his time and not getting caught in Silvas game, Silva threw punches and had nothing for Chris. I know its hard to imagine someone being better that night then Silva but it happened and it happened in every way."
Fight predictions are not the same as fight analysis.

I certainly don't swing from Renzo's nuts in any way. I'm just rational enough to comprehend that someone who trains Wiedman has more insight that posters on the interwebz. Especially posters who are known Anderson haters. Phone Post
7/10/13 8:49 AM
Leck Brosnar

^ Maybe Renzo got sucked into Anderson's showboating and thought Chris was looking bad? Chris knew where he was at the whole fight and Anderson couldn't land his damaging shots because of that.
7/10/13 8:51 AM
Scb669
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo dropping science Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 8:52 AM

Leck Brosnar - ^ Maybe Renzo got sucked into Anderson's showboating and thought Chris was looking bad? Chris knew where he was at the whole fight and Anderson couldn't land his damaging shots because of that.
I don't think Renzo is saying anything about Chris not knowing where he was, nor is he saying anything that takes away from Chris's skills. He is just pointing out what many people noticed, that Chris was a little slower and more tired heading into the second.

The guy was right there, feet away from the action, and was in the gym watching Chris for months. He knows better than any of us. Phone Post
7/10/13 8:54 AM
Deaf Forever

Renzo's right.
7/10/13 9:05 AM
Mojo514

Renzo knos wats up, Anderson clowned wayyy too much it was hard to watch, please believe that in the rematch Anderson WILL knock Weidman out n brutally
7/10/13 9:18 AM
56sav

Renzo hit the correct
7/10/13 9:26 AM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny D -
Jack Carter -
Pitbull3744 - 

Fight predictions are not the same as fight analysis.

I certainly don't swing from Renzo's nuts in any way. I'm just rational enough to comprehend that someone who trains Wiedman has more insight that posters on the interwebz. Especially posters who are known Anderson haters. Phone Post

I hope you're not implying I am one of those "Anderson haters", I picked Silva to win this fight and win in devestating fashion.

Weidman never said he was tired, just being careful, it doesn't take an expert to see that was the case. Damn.. I'm no vetrinarian but I know a horses ass when I smell one.
7/10/13 9:47 AM

Yes because fighters generally always admit when they are tiring in a fight. Excellent retort.

I don't know if you're a hater nor does it matter. Many people saw the difference in round 2, including someone who IS biased towards Chris and talked shit about Anderson before the fight.

Ill believe what my eyes saw, and what Renzo noticed after training the man. You believe what you want. Phone Post
7/10/13 10:04 AM
Johnny D

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  Yes because fighters generally always admit when they are tiring in a fight. Excellent retort.

I don't know if you're a hater nor does it matter. Many people saw the difference in round 2, including someone who IS biased towards Chris and talked shit about Anderson before the fight.

Ill believe what my eyes saw, and what Renzo noticed after training the man. You believe what you want. Phone Post

What your eyes saw was Weidman doing exactly what he said he would do. So regardless of what you think Anderson's unconsious ass laying on the cage floor speaks louder then you or Renzo.

That's what I believe..
7/10/13 10:11 AM

Ahhh so you just want to avoid reality and make comments about the KO?

Sound rebuttal there...LOL
No one is questioning if wiedman won broseph. A fighter can fatigue, and still win. Phone Post
7/10/13 11:28 AM
Johnny D

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  Ahhh so you just want to avoid reality and make comments about the KO?

Sound rebuttal there...LOL
No one is questioning if wiedman won broseph. A fighter can fatigue, and still win. Phone Post

And "if" he was fatigued and won I can only imagine what will happen the second time when he doesn't "fade" as you like to pretend.
7/10/13 1:31 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The point i think is that everyone, even someone's corner/coaches, has diff perspectives of nearly everything. We also process these diff perspectives differently ourselves.
7/10/13 1:46 PM
Johnny D

Wasa-B - The point i think is that everyone, even someone's corner/coaches, has diff perspectives of nearly everything. We also process these diff perspectives differently ourselves.
Yeah, I hate to admit it but you're right.

Weidman has displayed nothing but honesty and integrity throughout this whole ordeal, I would rather trust his words than others who "think" they know what happened.

"Weidman said that even in victory, he does not feel like he put on his best performance, citing a "sluggish" feeling possibly due to his one year off, as well as some mistakes in his submission game that he felt could have ended the fight even earlier."

That's good enough for me. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 2:50 PM
Kerouac

The point should be that Weidman wasn't fading and wasn't tired compared to Anderson.

That's it.
7/10/13 6:23 PM
JStrongMMA

I think if Weidman looked as if he was "fading" or tired we would have heard it from Rogan. Joe loves to call guys out on their conditioning. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.