UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Renzo: Weidman was fading; Ando Clowned too much!

7/11/13 5:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Glovegate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never thought I'd see LnP trying to argue that Weidman won despite being exhausted.  Doesn't that make his win even more impressive?

7/11/13 5:45 PM
Jons Forsberg

Kerouac - 
Jons Forsberg - edit: that's Cesar's tweet not Renzo's/

I've never twittered in my life and assumed that @Renzo meant he sent it.

My bad.

But my point still stands.

Weidman was NOT tired or fading compared to Anderson.

I agree.
7/11/13 6:15 PM
Stea1th

Weidman definitly was breathing hard and looked fatigued Phone Post
7/11/13 7:10 PM
subwrassler
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^doesn't really look like he only fought 1 round...

he's breathing very hard here.

I'm sure he experienced some adrenaline dump considering the hype and stakes of this fight.

please don't be so keen to hug nuts that you can't even see what's happening in the fight...
7/11/13 7:18 PM
Jons Forsberg

Swedgen - 
subwrassler - someone needs to post a gif of Weidman on his stool between rounds 1 and 2.

that's one of the things that caught my attention and made me think that Weidman was doomed in round 2.

gee he might need an ambulance /sarcasm.
7/12/13 2:54 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - Noun 1. fading - weakening in force or intensity;

I disagree with what Renzo said

Chris was not backing down or sitting back Phone Post 3.0
Anyone care to refute this ? Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 7:50 AM
Pura Vida

Sure - and as exhibit one 1 give you the later part of round 1 and round 2, where his activity level, speed, and strength were vastly inferior to the early part of round 1.

He had less energy, less intensity, and appeared to have much less desire in round 2 than in round 1. It wasn't subtle, that he landed a single big shot while AS was clowning around isn't evidence to the contrary. Hell Chris had several other opportunities to hit Anderson in the 2nd and just stood there.

I'm a fan of Chris too, so is Renzo, that doesn't mean I have to lie.
7/12/13 8:15 AM
Kerouac

Pura Vida - Sure - and as exhibit one 1 give you the later part of round 1 and round 2, where his activity level, speed, and strength were vastly inferior to the early part of round 1.

He had less energy, less intensity, and appeared to have much less desire in round 2 than in round 1. It wasn't subtle, that he landed a single big shot while AS was clowning around isn't evidence to the contrary. Hell Chris had several other opportunities to hit Anderson in the 2nd and just stood there.

I'm a fan of Chris too, so is Renzo, that doesn't mean I have to lie.

in regards to Exhibit 1...vastly inferior compared to who?

If you think Weidman " just stood there " when he had " several other opportunities ", i'd suggest you go watch the fight again.

He beat Anderson to the punch. Though I admit Silva landed a few kicks and a couple of jabs.
7/12/13 9:16 AM
andre
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not rushing in is not the same as "fading" and it certainly isn't inferior. He didn't want to get sucked into Silva's rhythm, and he didn't. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 9:16 AM
andre
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think of it as stalking his prey rather than chasing it. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 9:24 AM
andre

subwrassler - ^^doesn't really look like he only fought 1 round...

he's breathing very hard here.

I'm sure he experienced some adrenaline dump considering the hype and stakes of this fight.

please don't be so keen to hug nuts that you can't even see what's happening in the fight...
I think that anyone who has competed knows that the initial period of a fight, especially when you're being as explosive and aggressive as Chris was, cause most people to breathe heavily until their lungs open up. The nerves, anticipation, and 0-100mph change of pace from walking to the octagon to suddenly in an all-out fight has almost every fighter breathing heavily early on--and then it subsides and the fighter catches his rhythm. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 9:29 AM
andre

And for the record, I have no dog in this fight. I'm not a big fan of Silva, even though I really enjoy his fights, and I honestly don't recall a single Weidman fight I've watched prior to this one.

My only issue is that all of this talk about "luck" (Renzos comment), fading, Silva wanting to lose, etc detracts from the real point which is Weidman's masterful performance. IMO. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 10:01 AM
Stephen Holder

Chris may be right and perhaps Anderson might attempt to taunt Chris again in the rematch to employ strategy but everyone will see the difference in taunting to get Chris to engage and taunting to the level of rediculousness. Anderson was about a round from making Weidman look like Chris Leben from when he fought Silva. This rematch is going to be brutal.
7/12/13 10:25 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

PrisonMattressPuncher -

What people like Renzo are missing is that Silva does that to almost ALL his opponents. Why is it different for this case? It isn't. The reality is that this time he actually fought a guy with reach who could actually kick his ass, and he did!

I honestly don't remember Anderson ever faking being hurt and doing that wobbly shit like he was doing, but yes he does taunt a lot. Phone Post
7/12/13 10:42 AM
Kostakio
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson the Gentleman - Good read. Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 4:02 PM
flip_guard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/renzo-critica-provocacoes-de-spider-nao-pode-diminuir-o-seu-oponente.html

"This kid [Weidman] is very dangerous, he was always very dangerous. Every time he fights, he wins. Early in the bout, when Chris was in control, he did everything he wanted, but couldn't win, so Anderson gained great confidence. He thought it would be a walk in the park and then he began to play. And the boy [Weidman] really was fading, he was tired because he did everything (pushing the pace) during the first round. He had side control, he was attacking... and when Anderson saw him fading, he thought: "Now I'm gonna give a show". The problem is that this sport is not the place for that. In this sport you have to win.
I'm sure the people who were in his corner said: "Go out there and win", but he decided to do what was on his mind, he was joking, shaking ... And if you notice, this kid has a very big star (luck). Whenever he is in trouble, he manages to win. When he attacked, Anderson lost his balance when he was mocking him, and had no way to defend himself. And then he got caught with a punch to the chin. And when that happens there's no way out, you go to sleep, your brain turns off.

"The longer the fight, the worst it would be to Chris, I was seeing it. He began to fade, but Anderson didn't manage to take [the fight] seriously. He began to mock Chris. It was over the top (exaggerated), because you can't belittle your opponent. If you're confident enough to do this kind of thing, go and finish the fight. Go for the KO or for the submission. You just can't stand there dancing and not go for the win. Are you gonna stay there to give a show to others?"

"I was [there] in the fight against Demian. Anderson's behavior in this fight (against Weidman) was worse. It was more aggressive and more insulting than on that occasion. The words he was using ... It was insulting ... And this is something he shouldn't do.
He is the champion, he is an example in the sport. He has a fantastic history as UFC fighter and should be respectful and act in a proper manner.
I gave an interview before the fight telling him to change his ways, but it didn't happen. Unfortunately, it's stuck in his soul and it comes out from there, right? And that's what caused his defeat today (it costed his victory).

"No doubt it affects you mentally. You're trying to fight, to attack the guy and he is dancing, he isn’t keeping his hands high, he lets you hit his face... that's a thing that really breaks you mentally. Chris had a break of pace, but not because of the way Anderson was fighting, but because he got tired, he was pushing the pace during the entire first round. And when you start like that, you need to slow down or the train derails".

"Anderson is a great champion, all he has to do is put his head in the right place and remember when he was a kid who was working hard in order to get where he is now, and be that boy again. When you begin to lose sight of who you are, you start to fall into traps like this. Life comes to collect”.
That was right on. Silva never even attempted to clown around in front of Vitor for good reason. Vitor was a real threat and too dangerous to not take seriously. From the get go, Silva was going for the kill if the opportunity present itself and it did.

Opportunity presented itself against Weidman but he felt that it is not yet time, and he felt that he needs to be an entertainer first rather than a fighter. Phone Post
7/12/13 4:39 PM
wariornation149
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pura Vida - 
subwrassler - Renzo is 100% correct

This, anyone who watched the fight and doesn't agree is quite obtuse. Nothing Renzo said isn't obviously true.

hahahhaha he was absolutely NOT fading. You have to be kidding me.

Anderson was fading

thats why he started clowning
7/12/13 4:57 PM
DiscipleDojo
623 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo, having helped train Weidman for this fight, may have a better insight on what it looks like when he is starting to fade vs. when he is fresh. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

His points about Anderson are spot on though. I'd be interested to hear what it is exactly that Anderson was saying to Chris that Renzo found especially disrespectful (I'm assuming it was in Portuguese?).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.