UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW targeting NYE UFC 168 for The Rematch

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/8/13 3:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The UFC generally holds its largest show of the year around New Years eve, which this year would be UFC 168 on Dec 28.

A major rematch, Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate at the conclusion of TUF 18 had been targeted for the show, but now the most anticipated rematch in the sport's history may be in the offing.

Lance Pugmire of the LA Times tweeted the news.

Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire
@danawhite just told me he's so amped about @SpiderAnderson @ChrisWeidmanUFC rematch, he's thinking of moving it to Dec. 28. #UFC

Immediately after the fight Anderson Silva showed little interest in discussing a rematch, but that is not expected to last.

If the Weidman vs. Silva rematch takes place at UFC 168, the Rousey vs. Tate rematch would likely be moved to the Super Bowl weekend show on Feb 1 in New Jersey.

7/8/13 3:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
flyingtoehold
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do they have to bump Ronda's match to February if Silva rematches on NYE??? Have it on the same card DFW, wtf!!! Phone Post
7/8/13 3:28 PM
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should be on the same card. That'd be one hell of way to end the year

7/8/13 3:31 PM
orcus
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the big deal about Tate/Rousey? There's no reason to expect it to last more than 2 minutes.

7/8/13 3:33 PM
Silverball
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@danawhite just told me he's so amped about @SpiderAnderson @ChrisWeidmanUFC rematch, he's thinking of moving it to Dec. 28. #UFC

...worst poker face ever.
7/8/13 3:34 PM
BuddyRevell
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flyingtoehold -  Why do they have to bump Ronda's match to February if Silva rematches on NYE??? Have it on the same card DFW, wtf!!! Phone Post

Unfortunately, in the current state of UFC oversaturation and too many PPVs, spreading out marquee fights will continue to be the norm. 

7/8/13 3:34 PM
bearockbrobama
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it happens. Anderson will wait it out. Phone Post
7/8/13 3:39 PM
epwar
674 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Silva will allow himself to get subbed this time?

7/8/13 3:46 PM
Libero21
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What venue? Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 3:49 PM
Jason
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

5 freakin months?? Why wait so long? should be in 2-3 months!

7/8/13 3:54 PM
Bofbro
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/08/13 3:54 PM
Silva does not want this fight, leave him be.
7/8/13 4:03 PM
3rdLion
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT - I don't give a shit about the Rousey fight Phone Post 3.0

Yup I honestly don't care at all, I seriously lack any interest in any WMMA.

Also, why do we have to wait so long for the rematch (if it happens)?
7/8/13 4:05 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana can be so annoying with this shit, Anderson lost i could see if he wanted a rematch but he said more than once he doesn't even want to fight for the belt again. Leave him alone. He is a damn legend and current goat. If he doesn't want a fight then you shouldnt even fucking question it Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 4:05 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

Andy wants to wait Phone Post
7/8/13 4:18 PM
Aaron Becker

this is a relief, I was really hoping there was going to be a new main event
7/8/13 4:34 PM
allforroy
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bofbro - Silva does not want this fight, leave him be.
I wouldn't be so sure about that... Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 4:35 PM
Jack Carter
1505 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheIronCodpiece -

This.

Pride would do it Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 4:35 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No hematch, No hematch.
7/8/13 4:38 PM
luctaro
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheIronCodpiece - 

I bet Dana thinks Weidman vs Silva II will make over a million PPV buys. If thats the case and given that Ronda vs Tate II can pull over 400K buys, he has no reason to leave that matchup there.

Now if youre talking about a BW or FlW title, yeah it can be placed under this one.
7/8/13 4:40 PM
ufc98newb
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

What's the big deal about Tate/Rousey? There's no reason to expect it to last more than 2 minutes.

thank you

7/8/13 4:41 PM
Chris27
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - 

Because the UFC has as schedule.  Aldo/Zombie, Gus/Jones, Cain/JDS, GSP/hendricks so they can move Ronda/Tate or slide that to co main event and put the rematch as the main event of 168.

7/8/13 4:51 PM
MMALOGIC

if Ronda vs Tate gets moved it will probably get moved to the fox show.  That's a fight that can pull 8 million plus viewers because Ronda gets an enormous amount of media attention.  

That fight may better serve the ufc on fox with the fs1 move (now that they finally have a home)... it will also help with getting more sponsors, etc...

7/8/13 5:24 PM
stevekt
1037 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be very upset if they take the Super Bowl card away from Vegas.
7/8/13 5:28 PM
slamming

Dana said the fight was trending over 800,000 buys. Throw in a rematch on nye
and it may top 1 million. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 5:33 PM
allforroy
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - If it does happen in Jersey I'll have to make the trip, even though I promised myself never to go back again. Worst fans at an MMA event I've ever seen.
Ditto. Just ridiculous. Too bad, great venue. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.