UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> NSAC grants Leben painkiller exemption

7/8/13 4:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First person to get it in NSAC history. From MMA Junkie:
The Nevada State Athletic Commission issued no new therapeutic-use exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy at UFC 162 but did give UFC middleweight Chris Leben permission to use the prescription opioid medication Suboxone.

Leben (22-10 MMA, 12-9 UFC), who lost a split decision to Andrew Craig (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at this past Saturday's event, is the first fighter to receive an exemption for the drug, which typically is used as a replacement therapy for people with narcotic dependency.
7/8/13 4:54 PM
JOESONDO
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Understandable. His Homer Simpson strategy of walking straight into punches until his opponent gets tired would cause him more pain than others.
7/8/13 5:20 PM
MdGeist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is gonna turn into a slippery slope. Next thing you know they'll be giving out exemptions for stimulants and what not. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 5:26 PM
DoomFarmer

Oh man... Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 5:28 PM
Nexuscrawlers
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King -

ive been wondering this for a while as a former addict. suboxone will ruin him more

Yeah, thread title is a little misleading. Most people on suboxone aren't taking it as a pain killer, they take it to battle opiate withdrawal usually. Phone Post
7/8/13 5:29 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist - This is gonna turn into a slippery slope. Next thing you know they'll be giving out exemptions for stimulants and what not. Phone Post 3.0
Slippery slope indeed. Phone Post
7/8/13 5:29 PM
Richard Tuck
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strong source name to post content ratio Phone Post
7/8/13 5:54 PM
clayclamitia
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers -
Joshua King -

ive been wondering this for a while as a former addict. suboxone will ruin him more

Yeah, thread title is a little misleading. Most people on suboxone aren't taking it as a pain killer, they take it to battle opiate withdrawal usually. Phone Post
Correct sir. Suboxone is just use to block withdrawals from pain medication and also prevents you from being able to get high from opiates. I don't see anything wrong with this exemption but I'm sure people will blast him for it. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 6:24 PM
SMOKING MANHOLE
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King -

No kidding. Hope to hell he doesn't relapse on booze with them things either.
Doing that only gives you the worst hangover and the only way to get over it is to take more suboxen. Shit can be nasty. Phone Post
7/8/13 6:28 PM
MdGeist

clayclamitia -
Nexuscrawlers -
Joshua King -

Correct sir. Suboxone is just use to block withdrawals from pain medication and also prevents you from being able to get high from opiates. I don't see anything wrong with this exemption but I'm sure people will blast him for it. Phone Post 3.0
Errr... No. It has a lot of potential for abuse like Methadone.

Just google Buprenorphine. It pretty much just a weaker opiate than OxyContin that doesn't get you as high. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 6:30 PM
circa305

Not right
7/8/13 6:31 PM
Jack Brown
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for Chris. If the information is accurate, it shows his commitment to staying clean. I wish him well and hope that he does well with his recovery. Phone Post
7/8/13 6:43 PM
fedor nuthugger
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol its basically just as bad as oxy Phone Post
7/8/13 6:47 PM
Phisher

And these clowns tried to steal a million dollars from Chavez for trace amounts of marijuana metabolites?

7/8/13 6:50 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

interestings

7/8/13 6:50 PM
Exiive
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny all these people talkin about subs and dont know jack shit. Buprenorphine is muuucchh more potent than oxycodone. Not only that, but only the formulations containing naloxone block you from getting high on other opiates. Phone Post
7/8/13 7:00 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

MdGeist -
clayclamitia -
Nexuscrawlers -
Joshua King -

Errr... No. It has a lot of potential for abuse like Methadone.

Just google Buprenorphine. It pretty much just a weaker opiate than OxyContin that doesn't get you as high. Phone Post 3.0
As a former addict, and a current suboxone user. I can tell you, that if you're an opiate addict, and are using suboxone to get clean. They do not get you high. Especially if you're using the strips, which are extremely hard to misuse or abuse. Phone Post
7/8/13 7:03 PM
whoabro

Damn. Hope leben gets well. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 7:53 PM
TOM666
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This exemption could've saved Mark Kerr's career.
7/8/13 7:55 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I've definitely withdrawn from it, I really don't see how that relevant to weather it gets you high or not. Plus, I never said it's impossible to get high on. I said if you're an addict who is using it correctly, to get clean. You aren't going to get high on them. Phone Post
7/8/13 8:32 PM
warrendale

Chris is the new Corey Haim Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 8:37 PM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/08/13 8:37 PM
I am a former addict on suboxone therapy for over a year. I tell you this though, you do not get high and all opiate highs become blocked. This stuff has changed my life and I can't thank it enough. I know i am still dependent on something. I know that when it's time for me to stop this I will be deathly ill for months upon months. But now I go to the pharmacy instead of doing street hustles risking jail and street justice. Now I don't have any more connections to dirt bags and only associate with my family and clean folk. I have relearned how to live life without being a shady mother fucker lurking in the gutter for money and roberries. Yes i know I will have a major problem when it's time to stop subs, but I have at least learned how to function in the normal world and work hard and live like a normal non druggie person.
7/8/13 8:37 PM
pennviachoke
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King -

Most people I know that use it to get clean, end up abusing it instead or in addition to Phone Post
7/8/13 8:39 PM
ChaosOverkill
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suboxone is the newer type of Methadone drug, it's for people who have yet to totally get off opiods cold turkey.

7/8/13 8:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pennviachoke - 
Joshua King -

Most people I know that use it to get clean, end up abusing it instead or in addition to Phone Post

yep

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.