UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Gracie academy has now introduced a pink belt

7/8/13 5:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It recognizes mastery of the woman's self defense curriculum.

Is this necessary Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 5:39 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's been a thing for a couple of years now. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 5:41 PM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is old news.

have you seen their woman's sd curriculum?

It is amazing, deep, completely different than the combatives and the master cycle, yet still rooted in gjj.

are any belts necessary?

it simply recognizes the accomplishment. they could have chosen a certificate, but this is more 'fun'.
7/8/13 5:56 PM
shen
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/08/13 6:15 PM
I am an Old School Pink Belt myself... for real.

I actually earned a "Pink Belt" in Judo from Jim Neto at the Santa Monica YMCA when I was 9! LOL. It wasn't even a real belt, but a piece of pink canvas strapping they gave to kids before Yellow Belt. I was thrilled to earn that "belt". lol.
7/8/13 6:21 PM
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen - I am an Old School Pink Belt myself... for real.

I actually earned a "Pink Belt" in Judo from Jim Neto at the Santa Monica YMCA when I was 9! LOL. It wasn't even a real belt, but a piece of pink canvas strapping they gave to kids before Yellow Belt. I was thrilled to earn that "belt". lol.

and u look good wearing it
7/8/13 6:59 PM
liuk3
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunno what the problem is.
7/8/13 7:33 PM
checkuroil
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I worst about changes in rank without consensus. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 8:19 PM
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - I worst about changes in rank without consensus. Phone Post 3.0

green belts for adults is a change,not pink for a womens empowerment lessons
7/8/13 8:40 PM
shen
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12 - 
shen - I am an Old School Pink Belt myself... for real.

and u look good wearing it

People can have my Pink Belt when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!
7/8/13 9:14 PM
mario77
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncool..another type of recognition would have been better...the art keeps getting diluted...great program though.. Phone Post
7/8/13 9:25 PM
shark tank
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mario77 -  Uncool..another type of recognition would have been better...the art keeps getting diluted...great program though.. Phone Post

this is not a belt added to the jiu jitsu system. it is an acknowledgment of achievement in a program. it being a program separate from jiu jitsu does not mean jiu jitsu is being diluted.
7/8/13 10:17 PM
graciesrule
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have had the pink belt for a few yrs but when did they add to it and what do the stripes stand for?
7/8/13 10:31 PM
BEEF & CHEESE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The loaner belts at my gym are pink.
7/8/13 11:00 PM
PTM2020
1362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/8/13 11:44 PM
MickColins
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The one positive is, if you get the pink belt, you no longer have to tip. For seminars, privates,etc...

7/9/13 3:14 AM
BJJBuster

I don't see the problem here. When BJJ was on the rise in the us the bitch was TMA giving black belts too quick and josh getting black belts.

This is a program designed to help women learn self defense and get an intro into bjj.

They aren't giving black belts heck they aren't even using real bjj belt colors. Instead of diluting bjj they chose a totally other ranking color to distinguish the accomplishment. Idk what else the could have done to differentiate it.

I have no problem with this. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 3:15 AM
BJJBuster

**kids getting black belts not "josh" lol Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 6:24 AM
1chaino
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope my daughter earns this belt one day. Phone Post
7/9/13 7:23 AM
Poncey
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for shendokan midnight pink belt.
7/9/13 7:26 AM
Hunter V
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shark tank - 
mario77 -  Uncool..another type of recognition would have been better...the art keeps getting diluted...great program though.. Phone Post

this is not a belt added to the jiu jitsu system. it is an acknowledgment of achievement in a program. it being a program separate from jiu jitsu does not mean jiu jitsu is being diluted.

This. People are jumping to conclusions instead of investigating. It is a belt simply for the program, getting the belt has jack shit to do with their jiu-jitsu rank (which they do separate). It is something to help give confidence and a sense of accomplishment to the women involved in the program and they are in no way being deluded to believing it is a offical jiu-jitsu rank. So what are people bitching and moaning about?
7/9/13 12:46 PM
On the Mat
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owner, On the Mat
My 6 year old purple looks pink. count?
7/9/13 2:56 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

<-- has pink belt.

go ahead, try and rape me.

it's a trick, you can't rape the willing. 

7/9/13 3:10 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed that in some pics. Thanks for the clarification. Phone Post
7/9/13 8:30 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what would you think if I told you I know a guy who wrestles No-Gi a lot, goes by the SN 'Check Your Oil' - wrestling jargon for securing a grip on the human anatomy by sticking your finger in a dude's butt, and hates on Women's Self-Defense programs?

7/9/13 11:22 PM
HoldYerGround
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only legit if pink belts are awarded strictly from the online curriculum IMHO, no face to face training which is diluting our art.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.