UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Gracie academy has now introduced a pink belt

7/9/13 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HoldYerGround
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only legit if pink belts are awarded strictly from the online curriculum IMHO, no face to face training which is diluting our art.
7/10/13 1:16 PM
EazyG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe the Pink belt is targeted to their West Hollywood students???
7/10/13 11:06 PM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Graphic Designer
The women empowered classes at our school don't wear gi's but we do have 2 pink belts (instructors) and if it gets my wife in class I'm all for it Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:22 PM
rmigliaccio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some Judo schools in Brazil use the Pink belt for children (girls) when they are too young for the first belt.
7/12/13 2:15 AM
kying418
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just as good (or bad) as adding a green belt in between white and blue. I have no problem with either.
7/12/13 3:53 AM
Daniel/CGJJ
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Contrary to public opinion, most women hate the color pink Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 7:40 AM
CoreNobody
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot my whitebelt once,the loaner belt was pink...... Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 11:33 AM
uberpinscher
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gates of Janus -
shen - 
12 - 
shen - I am an Old School Pink Belt myself... for real.

I actually earned a "Pink Belt" in Judo from Jim Neto at the Santa Monica YMCA when I was 9! LOL. It wasn't even a real belt, but a piece of pink canvas strapping they gave to kids before Yellow Belt. I was thrilled to earn that "belt". lol.

and u look good wearing it

People can have my Pink Belt when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

is it pink on the inside?
Lol Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 2:47 PM
Angelo Popofski
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunter V -
shark tank - 
mario77 -  Uncool..another type of recognition would have been better...the art keeps getting diluted...great program though.. Phone Post

this is not a belt added to the jiu jitsu system. it is an acknowledgment of achievement in a program. it being a program separate from jiu jitsu does not mean jiu jitsu is being diluted.

This. People are jumping to conclusions instead of investigating. It is a belt simply for the program, getting the belt has jack shit to do with their jiu-jitsu rank (which they do separate). It is something to help give confidence and a sense of accomplishment to the women involved in the program and they are in no way being deluded to believing it is a offical jiu-jitsu rank. So what are people bitching and moaning about?
This. Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 8:05 AM
90lb_weakling
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to disagree a bit. There are many other ways they can show accomplishment than a belt. What about a diploma. Or a patch? Why a belt? Phone Post
7/13/13 10:26 AM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Graphic Designer
90lb_weakling - I have to disagree a bit. There are many other ways they can show accomplishment than a belt. What about a diploma. Or a patch? Why a belt? Phone Post
They could do a patch or a lot of other ways of recognization but since its s small class designed IMO to get them into regular jiu jitsu a belt makes sense. Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 10:30 AM
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

90lb_weakling -  I have to disagree a bit. There are many other ways they can show accomplishment than a belt. What about a diploma. Or a patch? Why a belt? Phone Post

the academy has about 800 students,6 0r 7 classes a day.it helps the instructor know whos who
7/13/13 10:38 AM
Twizz
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Women Empowered program is really good. I got the DVD set for my wife for her birthday, and we love doing it together. I recommend it highly. Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 12:56 PM
twinkletoesCT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center, Founder
BEEF & CHEESE - The loaner belts at my gym are pink.

I did this!  I used a child sized karate white belt, and dyed it pink with RIT.  The adult men hung their heads in shame when they forget their belt and I gave them this one.

They didn't forget again. ;)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.