UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Carlson Sr BB's with schools outside of Brazil?

7/8/13 8:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rexkwondo79
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/10/13 5:40 PM

That own and operate schools? I am not talking about Carlson Gracie affiliates or any of Jr's BB's, just curious about Sr's BB's and their schools, even if they aren't under the Carlson banner. I know I am missing many, please fill in some blanks! I'll edit the list as soon as I can find info online that verifies that's where they primarily teach.

Marcus Soares, Vancouver, Canada

Marcelo Alonso, Seattle, WA

Carlos Rollyson, Hollywood, FL

Renato Tavares, Vero Beach, FL

Conan Silveira, Coconut Creek, FL

Ricardo Liborio, Coconut Creek, FL

Rinaldo Santos, Winter Garden, FL

Marcos "Parrumpinha" De Matta, West Palm Beach, FL

Alberto Santos, Miami, FL

Edson Carvalho, Randolph, NJ

Julio "Foca" Fernandez, Williston, VT

Rey Diogo, Los Angeles, CA

Allan Goes, Mission Viejo, CA

Clovis Silva, San Francisco, CA

Carley Gracie, San Francisco, CA

Ricardo Cavalcanti, Las Vegas, NV

Carlson Gracie Jr, Chicago, IL

Christian Grandi, Maui, HI

Sergio "Bolao" Souza, Copenhagen, Denmark

Marcos Flexa, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Antonio Gadelha, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

Rodrigo Medeiros, Hong Kong
7/8/13 10:03 PM
John Clarke
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 10:12 PM
shortyjj
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Julio Fernandez, Burlington VT
7/8/13 11:41 PM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alan Goes in Cali, Alberto Santos in Florida, Parrumpinha in Florida, Conan in Florida, Antonio "Tony Malone" in Spain, Ari Galo has some international schools. one in Italy Im sure of, Flexa in Amsterdam, Clovis de Souza in Cali, Rinaldo Santos in Florida, Bolao has a school in Denmark, probably more I don't know.

7/9/13 9:30 AM
dpro2716
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pedro Vianna - Chicago, IL

Miguel Torres - Hammond, IN Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 9:44 AM
Serafin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miguel Torres got his BB from Jr. not Sr.
7/9/13 12:36 PM
dpro2716
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Serafin - Miguel Torres got his BB from Jr. not Sr.
Thank you Jeff. Thought Miguel had received from Sr. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 12:41 PM
EazyG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dpro2716 - Pedro Vianna - Chicago, IL

Both Pedro and his brother got BB from Junior, not Senior.
7/9/13 12:42 PM
EazyG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think our own AaronLapoint is teaching on a Reservation in North or South Dakota. He is most def a Senior BB.
7/9/13 12:43 PM
Stephen Eakin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roan "Jucao" Carneiro- Atlanta Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 1:47 PM
mrgoodarmbar
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's one on western MA too I believe.
7/9/13 1:48 PM
rva
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

carlos rollyson in south florida
7/9/13 5:02 PM
rexkwondo79
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Eakin - Roan "Jucao" Carneiro- Atlanta Phone Post 3.0

He is not on Carlson Sr's BB list, so maybe he got his BB from Liborio or elsewhere?
7/9/13 5:09 PM
rexkwondo79

rva - carlos rollyson in south florida

Does anyone know why his school is an Alliance gym?

http://www.alliancesouthflorida.com/instructors/carlos-rollyson/

Thanks for that addition
7/9/13 5:49 PM
Hugh Jaynus
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rexkwondo79 - 
rva - carlos rollyson in south florida

Does anyone know why his school is an Alliance gym?

http://www.alliancesouthflorida.com/instructors/carlos-rollyson/

Thanks for that addition

He joined their association sometime last year...I do not know why.
7/9/13 5:57 PM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dpro2716 - Pedro Vianna - Chicago, IL

Both are junior blackbelts Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 7:42 PM
Stephen Eakin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rexkwondo79 -
Stephen Eakin - Roan "Jucao" Carneiro- Atlanta Phone Post 3.0

He is not on Carlson Sr's BB list, so maybe he got his BB from Liborio or elsewhere?
I could be wrong I suppose, but that it what I was taught as our lineage. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 8:06 PM
MickColins

Roan was a member of BTT back in the day so maybe he got it from Bustamante. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 8:58 PM
Stephen Eakin

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2012/07/seminar-roan-jucao-carniero-special.html?m=1

Only link I can find with any info.

"Roan Jucao Carneiro (born June 2, 1978) is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts Fighter. He started to train in July 1990 with Luiz Carlos Mateus (Manimal) 3 years later he moved to the Carlson Gracie Academy. In February 2, 2002 Carlson Gracie promoted him to a Black Belt." Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:58 AM
rexkwondo79

Edited: 07/10/13 2:03 AM
"Only link I can find with any info. <br><br>"Roan Jucao Carneiro (born June 2, 1978) is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts Fighter. He started to train in July 1990 with Luiz Carlos Mateus (Manimal) 3 years later he moved to the Carlson Gracie Academy. In February 2, 2002 Carlson Gracie promoted him to a Black Belt."

Yeah, I encountered that as well. Unless the 2 lists I have seen that Carlson Sr. put out are incorrect/incomplete, he sounds like one of Jr.'s.

For example, many people think Miguel Torres and Mack the Knife are Sr. BBs, because they started training with Sr. first, but that doesn't neccesarily mean Sr. gave them their BBs. Jr. promoted them both to BB.

Anyways, please keep them coming. I know there are a couple more out there, especially the more obscure names from the list.
7/10/13 2:56 PM
patsully98
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe Ailson Jucao Brites is a Carlson Sr BB. Jucao's main school is in Manhattan but he teaches all over Jersey as well. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 3:50 PM
rexkwondo79

patsully98 - I believe Ailson Jucao Brites is a Carlson Sr BB. Jucao's main school is in Manhattan but he teaches all over Jersey as well. Phone Post 3.0

Ailson Brites is a Carlos Gracie Jr BB.
7/10/13 4:49 PM
MickColins

There is a complete list on www.carlsongraciechicago.com and if a dude ain't on it, he didn't get a belt from the Carlsons. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 6:37 PM
patsully98
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rexkwondo79 -
patsully98 - I believe Ailson Jucao Brites is a Carlson Sr BB. Jucao's main school is in Manhattan but he teaches all over Jersey as well. Phone Post 3.0

Ailson Brites is a Carlos Gracie Jr BB.
Whoops, thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.