UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort blasts Silva for antics in Weidman bout

7/8/13 9:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vitor Belfort was watching the UFC 162 main event as an interested party, as he has clamored for a bout with the winner. Although Belfort fighting Weidman next is unlikely, he had some harsh words for Silva:

"The first thing you learn (in martial arts) is respect. Your opponent across the other side of the mat, the Octagon, he is the most important person in that moment for you, because that's the person who makes you compete, who gives you the pleasure to entertain people. But, I see martial arts not just from an entertainment side. I see it as a sport. And as a sport, like in NBA, NFL, we have a code of conduct. And that's something that the UFC, we need to start having that.

I think [Silva] really didn't have any conduct on this fight. He acted inappropriately and it wasn't the first time, so I hope this will be the last time that he does."

read entire article... 

7/8/13 9:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hong Kong Phooey
983 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoa , Me and Vitor thinking alike. I thought you cant do that in the NFL , NBA , NHL , MLB ,PGA, only tennis 

7/8/13 9:54 PM
Grouch
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He puts his hands down and utilizes his head movement in every fight. I've never heard anyone complain about it until now.
7/8/13 9:55 PM
Ansari
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva needs to get to the Conduct store, apparently he's running low.

7/8/13 9:57 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I agree with Vitor.
7/8/13 9:57 PM
Snayke13
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - I agree with Vitor.
Its a fair assesment. Phone Post
7/8/13 10:00 PM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/8/13 10:03 PM
DoomFarmer
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grouch - He puts his hands down and utilizes his head movement in every fight. I've never heard anyone complain about it until now.
People complained about it a lot back in the Leites/Maia days. Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 10:03 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
983 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C0ck  a d00dled00

7/8/13 10:06 PM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, it was disrespect. Look how he treated Maia, much much much worse.
7/8/13 10:07 PM
ChrisJPN
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like Vitor but I agree with him here. There's a difference between keeping your hands low to maximize head movement and mocking your opponent the way Silva did. Telling him where to kick him, kissing him after the first round, fake rubber legs slapstick comedy routine after taking a punch. if Jon Jones did that kind of shit how many would be defending it?
7/8/13 10:09 PM
badboyhere
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did I miss something??? that hardly seems like he was BLASTED by vitor... it was just critiquing.

drama queen
7/8/13 10:21 PM
Logan Stantons finger
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

badboyhere - did I miss something??? that hardly seems like he was BLASTED by vitor... it was just critiquing.

drama queen
Just came to say that Phone Post 3.0
7/8/13 10:28 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

I don't see what he did in the weidman fight as truly disrespectful in the honor or valor sense.

He lacked respect for weidmans punching ability, but using taunts and head movement are a big part of many strikers success in combat sports.

Things like the hiding behind the ref shit were over the line, or rashad grabbing his crotch for the world to see. Or Diaz flipping the bird is over the top.

Taunting and baiting is a part of the striking game. Phone Post
7/8/13 11:01 PM
Whambo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did a lot more than just taunting, at times he was basically mocking him, including that antic he did right before the KO where he pretended Weidman's punch really hurt him.

Weidman won't say it now, but during and right after the fight he thought Andy was being a "disrespectful piece of shit".
7/9/13 12:04 AM
Kings21
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 
Grouch - He puts his hands down and utilizes his head movement in every fight. I've never heard anyone complain about it until now.
People complained about it a lot back in the Leites/Maia days. Phone Post 3.0

This. Its fun to see but its only fun to watch when he has the intent to finish the fight. During that 2nd round I had a flashback to the Leites fight and just groaned because it became clear that I might be in for 5 rounds of Anderson showing off when we know damn well he can finish the fight at any moment. His back against the wall against Bonnar was impressive. He put on a show and then went in for the kill and put him out of his misery. His performance against Weidman quickly went from getting into Weidman's head to the point of being excessive and that is why people are upset.

When I tune in to watch the baddest motherfucker on the planet, I want to see him perform at his best and when there is an excess of clowning going on, I start to feel cheated.
7/9/13 12:07 AM
ChaosOverkill
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing to do with God? Ok then good point Vitor

7/9/13 12:52 AM
badboyhere
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Logan Stantons finger - 
badboyhere - did I miss something??? that hardly seems like he was BLASTED by vitor... it was just critiquing.

drama queen

he should be a reporter for the Enquirer
7/9/13 12:57 AM
I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

badboyhere - 
Logan Stantons finger - 

drama queen

he should be a reporter for the Enquirer

UG Blog - Stirring up shit since '08

7/9/13 2:24 AM
GelderdEnd

Yeah because Vitor was always very respectful of his opponent when he was roiding, probably still is! Please make Silva Belfort 2 so Andy can shut his mouth Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 3:08 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the reasons I like Belfort. He focusses on the fight and his opponent. Not worrying so much about hype

Seems he is just giving his view on things, not insulting Silva in anyway. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 8:00 AM
Jaybrone
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am 100% straight forward 100% of the time. What I put in the headline was what was said period.

-UG Blog...

7/9/13 8:37 AM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor didnt respect his opponents when he w a s using streiods so he should shut up Phone Post
7/9/13 10:32 AM
Ryan Warren

Why can't people understand that Anderson was just playing to his best opportunity to win. He needed to taunt him; that was the only way he could keep it standing. He just got caught like anyone can. It would be nice if all the attention was focused on how good Weidman is/was instead of Anderson Silva's "antics"
7/9/13 10:54 PM
SiriusXM Fight Club

Edited: 07/09/13 10:55 PM
Ryan Warren - Why can't people understand that Anderson was just playing to his best opportunity to win. He needed to taunt him; that was the only way he could keep it standing. He just got caught like anyone can. It would be nice if all the attention was focused on how good Weidman is/was instead of Anderson Silva's "antics"

This. Weidman won round 1 10-9 and was winning round 2. Anderson was basically dancing around taunting and Weidman was the one who actually was focused and landed shots. I have never seen this many crybaby fan boy's in my life who have so far distanced themselves from reality that they can't realize that Chris won the fight from start to finish. And it's not just fans neither. I have read a ton of pieces where the writer chastises Anderson and doesn't give Weidman any credit. It actually makes me more excited for the re-match, because if Weidman wins again The excuses will only get more ludicrous 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.