UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: [Silva] abused his gift

7/9/13 3:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Seems like everybody has been chiming in on what exactly went wrong for Anderson Silva at UFC 162. Ed Soares spoke with 'The MMA Hour' yesterday and Vitor Belfort aired his gripes on Twitter. Today UFC champion Jon Jones put in his two cents during the UFC 165 press conference:

"I think Anderson Silva is a magnificent fighter. I think that he has an extraordinary gift. I think he's gotten to the point where he really believes in his gift and he's comfortable with his gift. He abused his gift, disrespected his gift, by disrespecting his opponent.

Martial arts is a sport that is traditionally based around honor and integrity. You treat people with respect. He somehow lost sight of that and paid the ultimate price for it. I'm not over the Anderson Silva hype train. He was fighting at a masterful level, he just got disrespectful and the War Gods made him pay for it. He's still great in my book."

read entire article...

7/9/13 4:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BONES IS POLYTHEISTIC!??!?

7/9/13 4:17 PM
fingers 'n' teeth
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"he just got disrespectful and the War Gods made him pay for it."

no, Weidman made him pay for it.

Kind of sick of Weidman's talent getting down played.

I don't buy that Silva was his the orchestrator of his own downfall. It took a fighter like Weidman to take him out.
7/9/13 4:19 PM
murofgu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmm
7/9/13 4:19 PM
Jons Forsberg

CanadianGSPFan - 
melendez -

BONES IS POLYTHEISTIC!??!?

Fucking beat me by seconds. Voted up when I get the chance :) Phone Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_speech
7/9/13 4:24 PM
Fresh Prince
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 4:25 PM
Aaron Becker

he's right on
7/9/13 4:27 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fingers 'n' teeth - "he just got disrespectful and the War Gods made him pay for it."

I don't buy that Silva was his the orchestrator of his own downfall. It took a fighter like Weidman to take him out.
Agreed. Weidman showed great composure and discipline. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 4:28 PM
DoomFarmer
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman did that to him, not the war gods or karma or anything like that.
7/9/13 4:33 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A rematch needs to happen, Chris deserves all the credit in the world but Silva can come back, it seems like he still has his skills at his age, now he needs to get down to business and fight Chris.
7/9/13 4:34 PM
Rob San Soo

Geez oh , I agree with Jones Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 4:35 PM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to get bugged by Silva antics, especially the whole crap he pulled with Damian Maia. I think its just his style of fighting.

I've watched all of his fights as I am sure many of you have. He's a showman, through and through guys.

I don't feel that he disrespected his "gift" because part of that gift is being able to keep the hands low, feint, etc in order to get his opponent to commit to punching. Then, he counters. All the respect to the new champ Chris Weidman. All the respect to Bones Jones too. But Bones hasn't done anything near what Silva has done yet. He himself is a HUGE risktaker inside the octogon.

Bottom line is that Anderson played his game, and paid for playing that game. Its that simple.

7/9/13 4:36 PM
Silverball
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fingers 'n' teeth - "he just got disrespectful and the War Gods made him pay for it."

I think you're taking him too literal.

The rematch, if it ever happens, should answer a lot of questions, especially in regards to how much Silva had to do with his own demise.
7/9/13 4:36 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing against Weidman at all... but EVERY single one of Andys previous opponents would have done exactly the same thing to him if he has stood there, hands down hanging his chin in the air...

anyone who cant see that is crazy..
7/9/13 4:38 PM
bonersaurus
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When is Kratos not pissed off though? Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 4:41 PM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XIITT_Bozy -  Im not a big Bones fan, but I agree 100% with him Phone Post

This

7/9/13 4:41 PM
Rudi

bonersaurus - When is Kratos not pissed off though? Phone Post 3.0
Lol! Phone Post
7/9/13 4:45 PM
tenchu

I can see everyone's point of view here. Weidman skillfully capitalized on Silva's disrespect.

This is not the first time Silva has "clowned" around and didn't respect his opponent's skill, but no one else was skillful and composed enough like Weidman to make Silva pay (during his UFC career).

Anderson didn't resign to losing, didn't beat himself, there was no fix, etc. Weidman beat him and deserves credit.

Congrats Weidman!
7/9/13 4:45 PM
melendez

AlexanderTheGOAT - 
Master Bater - nothing against Weidman at all... but EVERY single one of Andys previous opponents would have done exactly the same thing to him if he has stood there, hands down hanging his chin in the air...

Wat Phone Post 3.0

Brah,

You just abused your gift.

7/9/13 4:50 PM
Jug full of P

Don't think Bones should be taking about "Abusing gifts," but he has a point. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 4:51 PM
Unwariestpickle

http://oi43.tinypic.com/ou0gw4.jpg
7/9/13 4:54 PM
HandyDarsh
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/9/13 4:57 PM
Tolstolobic

Actually now u want to are dat rematch. Phone Post
7/9/13 5:03 PM
Soup and Beer
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fingers 'n' teeth - "he just got disrespectful and the War Gods made him pay for it."

There could be ten rematches, and if Weidman won all ten, Silva's nuthuggers would say Chris played right into his master plan.

7/9/13 5:06 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - nothing against Weidman at all... but EVERY single one of Andys previous opponents would have done exactly the same thing to him if he has stood there, hands down hanging his chin in the air...

Have you watched any of Anderson Silva's fights before or do you just look at gifs on here?

Just wondering, because he's done that exact thing to several opponents.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.