UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gustafson: Jones 'greatest test in my career'

7/9/13 9:16 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Alexander Gustafson is currently riding six fight winning streak in the UFC's lightheavyweight division and has defeated some notables names, however, he knows very well that Jon Jones will be his toughest fight to date: 

“I see the greatest test in my career,” said Gustafsson on Tuesday at a press conference promoting the upcoming event.  “He’s the champion for a reason.  I’m so ready for this fight.  I’m very motivated.”

“I’m so pumped for this fight,” he said.  “He’s a complete fighter.  He’s the champion.  I have to be aware of everything he throws.”

read entire article...

7/9/13 9:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ima zombie
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OOOOHH RELLY?! Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 9:38 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No shit?

7/9/13 9:41 PM
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

College boy, eh?
7/9/13 9:46 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenBJJ - College boy, eh?

Eh?

7/9/13 9:47 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A test I have no doubt he'll pass with flying colors. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 9:50 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead - A test I have no doubt he'll pass with flying colors. Phone Post 3.0
I'd love to see it, what makes you so confident? Phone Post
7/9/13 9:51 PM
BernardHopkins

now taht anderson lost

id love to see jones get owned too

7/9/13 9:54 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
yellow wrkahlc is dead - A test I have no doubt he'll pass with flying colors. Phone Post 3.0
Gustafsson has the Five D's of fighting down:

-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-...and dodge

You can't coach that. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 9:54 PM
Chiron
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Captain Obvious.
7/9/13 9:56 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-...and dodge

But can he... Destroy? Phone Post
7/9/13 9:59 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-...and dodge

Idk, let's ask him.

Mauler, can you destroy?

Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 10:03 PM
tbi0904
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-...and dodge

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a hellbow.
7/9/13 10:07 PM
tres_equis_666
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for Nic Cage you don't say face Phone Post
7/9/13 10:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-...and dodge

Idk, let's ask him.

Mauler, can you destroy?

Phone Post 3.0
Well I'm sold. Jones is getting mauled Phone Post
7/9/13 11:09 PM
The Brool Story Company

Gus will do better than anyone Jones has fought, will he win? I'm not sure. one thing I do know for sure is that he's NOT getting destroyed. at worst he loses a UD. I'll SN bet that Jones doesn't finish Gustaffson, kind of a pussy bet but there are so many people saying Gus is getting destroyed and finished.

7/9/13 11:56 PM
Bipolar

None of ya'll are thinkin clear. Your brains are still fuzzy from the Silva loss. People are thinking that since Silva went down, why not Jones, too?

Truth is, Jon will thoroughly embarrass Gus. I think Jones is hungry for a spectacular performance, and this fight will remind people how unbeatable Bones is.

Gus will have nothing for Jon. People talk about Gus' improvement on the ground, but it doesn't matter. Jon has always been far superior on the ground, and he's improving right along with Gus, so AG hasn't gained any 'ground' (pun intended).

Jones is bigger (shoulders and back dwarf that of Gus), stronger, more athletic, has more diverse striking, has better subs, and is a monster in close and on the ground.

I think Jon wants not only to win, but to demonstrate his dominance. Jon is going to force the fight inside, in the clinch and on the ground. He's not going to fight from the outside on the feet where Gus' only real chance to score is. Jones is taking it to AG's weakness and his own strength. He's going to control and brutalize Gus in close quarters. No way is this going the distance. Jon is already thinking legacy. He will end it either by tko or sub. This won't go 3 full rounds.
7/10/13 12:03 AM
Fattiecorpuscle
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YA THINK GUS??
7/10/13 12:12 AM
buckanater

No fucking way. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:04 AM
MMALOGIC

he's got nothing for Jones.  he's gonna dance around like dominick cruz until he gets dumped on his head and finished.

7/10/13 1:15 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Jones will take him down and destroy him in less than one minute. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:19 AM
HarmichaelKunt

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-...and dodge

Haha VTFU Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:57 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

he's got nothing for Jones.  he's gonna dance around like dominick cruz until he gets dumped on his head and finished.

Uugh unfortunately you are right. I just hope he might be able to get a few jabs and perhaps a sweet little uppercut in before it happens.

I do think he will at least make it to the third round.

Alexander is a great fighter but he just has nothing for the wrestling of JBJ.....so JBJ future GOAT (i think that is a pretty safe bet unless he is ''forced'' to move up to heavyweight...not seeing him do to well against Cain).
7/10/13 2:15 AM
KZTT_W85
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - lol Captain Obvious.
Came to say this, lol Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 4:57 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - None of ya'll are thinkin clear. Your brains are still fuzzy from the Silva loss. People are thinking that since Silva went down, why not Jones, too?

Truth is, Jon will thoroughly embarrass Gus. I think Jones is hungry for a spectacular performance, and this fight will remind people how unbeatable Bones is.

Gus will have nothing for Jon. People talk about Gus' improvement on the ground, but it doesn't matter. Jon has always been far superior on the ground, and he's improving right along with Gus, so AG hasn't gained any 'ground' (pun intended).

Jones is bigger (shoulders and back dwarf that of Gus), stronger, more athletic, has more diverse striking, has better subs, and is a monster in close and on the ground.

I think Jon wants not only to win, but to demonstrate his dominance. Jon is going to force the fight inside, in the clinch and on the ground. He's not going to fight from the outside on the feet where Gus' only real chance to score is. Jones is taking it to AG's weakness and his own strength. He's going to control and brutalize Gus in close quarters. No way is this going the distance. Jon is already thinking legacy. He will end it either by tko or sub. This won't go 3 full rounds.
The man has a point. VU Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.