UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP invites Hendricks to do VADA drug testing

7/9/13 9:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/georges-st-pierre-willing-to-subscribe-to-voluntary-anti-doping-agency-vada-drug-testing-to-clean-up-mma-ufc/

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says he is willing to subscribe to Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) drug testing in order to clean up the sport of mixed martial arts and send a message to fellow athletes.

“I believe the sport has a problem now,” St-Pierre told Showdown Joe Ferraro in Las Vegas ahead of UFC 162.

“When I first started fighting in mixed martial arts, it didn’t have any money,” St-Pierre explained. “So, now more money got involved, more ways are there to be cheating to take a shortcut and I believe VADA testing I’m up for it and I invite my opponent to do the VADA testing for the championship fight.”
7/9/13 9:29 PM
Hikikomori

CRMartin11 - Johnny Hendricks isn't on any juice.

GSP on the other hand...

agree to the test...
7/9/13 9:31 PM
Ingrained Media
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
He should offer to pay for it. VADA is not going to pay for it. They expect the athletes to cover the cost, if you have to cover the cost why go to Kmart (VADA) vs Target (USADA)? Cost are likely similar and one is a well known trusted agency and the other is an up start.
7/9/13 9:36 PM
DonFrye_Fan

CRMartin11 - Johnny Hendricks isn't on any juice.

GSP on the other hand...

What a dumb fuck you are. Phone Post
7/9/13 9:37 PM
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole

Johny will sign up for sure. Phone Post
7/9/13 9:43 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

I don't think it is right to volunteer your opponent to do VADA unless you want to pay for it. It is kinda bullshit to just put Hendricks on the spot given they don't make GSP money to be paying for that shit.

Johnny should say 'I will take any drug test any time, but if GSP wants to offer it up he should offer to pay for it. I'm not interested in dropping thousands of my hard earned dollars because of his new mission to clean up the sport'... Phone Post
7/9/13 9:45 PM
B_Goetz

VADA is run by a rather unsavoury person, and isn't accountable to anyone, nor do they have the authority to punish anyone. I wouldn't submit to that if I were an athlete. This is just head games on Georges part, presumably because he's a bit nervous about having to strike for 25 minutes against a guy with a lot of power.

P.S. They're both on steroids.
7/10/13 12:43 AM
Herman Munster

Edited: 07/10/13 12:47 AM
No one seemed to have a problem when it was BJ calling on Rory to do VADA testing. Here is an idea, these two can figure out the finance of it the same way BJ and Rory Mac figured it out. Jealous haters have been accusing GSP of abusing steroids his whole career. Koscheck accused GSP of juicing and GSP agreed to do random testing, and then Kos took back his accusation and it never happened. Now GSP, who again was accused by Diaz most recently is saying he is here to do random testing. They are opting for VADA because that was perfectly all good when it was BJ putting them up to it, so why should it be any less credible now. Maybe Hendricks is juicing. To just all of a sudden out of no where become a KO artist raises my eye brow. Guys like GSP and Rory have had to deal with unfounded allegations, why should Johny be immune.
7/10/13 12:56 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media - He should offer to pay for it. VADA is not going to pay for it. They expect the athletes to cover the cost, if you have to cover the cost why go to Kmart (VADA) vs Target (USADA)? Cost are likely similar and one is a well known trusted agency and the other is an up start.
Not true. From Margaret Goodman:

VADA will be sponsoring both Rory and BJ. We are trying to sponsor as many fingers as possible that wish to participate. The costs are for the actual tests and the doping collection officers who travel to the fighters' locations. There are no additional administrative costs. I don't have an exact number, but the costs could run between $5-10,000 per athlete. If there were large numbers of athletes it would be much much less, perhaps half that, if not considerably less. This includes blood and urine. VADA is a 501 c 3 charitable organization. So a fighter or his representatives could donate and consider it a charitable donation or they could use it as a tax-deductible training expense. Phone Post
7/10/13 1:29 AM
MMALOGIC

he's playing with hendricks now.

7/10/13 1:52 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully McDonalds isn't banned Phone Post
7/10/13 12:23 PM
Hikikomori

Bump Phone Post
7/10/13 12:32 PM
Chris's Weidman in Tom O'Butthole

MMALOGIC - 

he's playing with hendricks now.

You hear that from your source? You know, the same one that told you Rashad v Silva was happening?
7/10/13 12:34 PM
wheeels

CRMartin11 - 
DonFrye_Fan - 
CRMartin11 - Johnny Hendricks isn't on any juice.

GSP on the other hand...

What a dumb fuck you are. Phone Post

Care to elaborate?

Oh great one...

um.. you're accusing a fighter of using PED even though he's been tested and has been clean every single time.

If you really needed that explained to you, then the 'dumb fuck' title is appropriate.
7/10/13 12:42 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - No one seemed to have a problem when it was BJ calling on Rory to do VADA testing. Here is an idea, these two can figure out the finance of it the same way BJ and Rory Mac figured it out. Jealous haters have been accusing GSP of abusing steroids his whole career. Koscheck accused GSP of juicing and GSP agreed to do random testing, and then Kos took back his accusation and it never happened. Now GSP, who again was accused by Diaz most recently is saying he is here to do random testing. They are opting for VADA because that was perfectly all good when it was BJ putting them up to it, so why should it be any less credible now. Maybe Hendricks is juicing. To just all of a sudden out of no where become a KO artist raises my eye brow. Guys like GSP and Rory have had to deal with unfounded allegations, why should Johny be immune.

No one seemed to have a problem when it was BJ? The search function contradicts that statement, but I'm all for GSP leading the way to clean up the sport, as unlikely as it sounds.
7/10/13 12:43 PM
MMAMAZ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Hopefully McDonalds isn't banned Phone Post
Lollll Phone Post
7/10/13 1:25 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the one over-looked issue in our sport is the abuse of pain pills. I hate seeing fighters getting addicted to them. it's no joke.
7/10/13 1:51 PM
aarick161

When you have GSP money you can afford the designer undetectable PEDs, not so sure Hendricks can. VADA testing would be a good way for GSP to ensure his advantage since he could be on during both the fight and training whereas Hendricks could not be. Just a possible theory, not making accusations. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 2:33 PM
warrendale

Jason Reinhardt - the one over-looked issue in our sport is the abuse of pain pills. I hate seeing fighters getting addicted to them. it's no joke.
Wanna elaborate? Since you're a fighter and would know more than any fan or outsider.

Like any personal experience you or someone you know went through? Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 3:36 PM
Michael Chase

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - I don't think it is right to volunteer your opponent to do VADA unless you want to pay for it. It is kinda bullshit to just put Hendricks on the spot given they don't make GSP money to be paying for that shit.

Johnny should say 'I will take any drug test any time, but if GSP wants to offer it up he should offer to pay for it. I'm not interested in dropping thousands of my hard earned dollars because of his new mission to clean up the sport'... Phone Post
This.

The respectful thing would have been to contact his camp privately about doing this. Phone Post
7/10/13 3:50 PM
Malvert the Janitor
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah, yet another contribution to MMA for BJ Penn... Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 3:53 PM
Entreri

Agree to the test.

GSP is the man.
7/10/13 4:00 PM
Leck Brosnar

Malvert the Janitor - Ah, yet another contribution to MMA for BJ Penn... Phone Post 3.0

BJ does it = Fucking Rory bacne that dude won't sign

GSP does it = Fucking GSP PAY FOR THE FUCKING TEST YOU ROMO
7/10/13 4:09 PM
Entreri

BJ Penn fans are always crybabies.

I love it.
7/10/13 4:10 PM
Malvert the Janitor
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar -
Malvert the Janitor - Ah, yet another contribution to MMA for BJ Penn... Phone Post 3.0

BJ does it = Fucking Rory bacne that dude won't sign

GSP does it = Fucking GSP PAY FOR THE FUCKING TEST YOU ROMO
Why do you feel that way? I don't. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.