UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Silva 'realized he couldn't hurt me'

7/10/13 12:51 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is famous for getting in his ooponent's heads, but Chris Weidman said Saturday night, the roles reveresed.

“He had felt my power and knew I was way more powerful than him, and he realized he couldn’t hurt me with anything he was going to do,” Weidman said Tuesday.

“I was in there right away trying to finish him, I don’t think he’s used to that."

“I didn’t really care where the fight went. I went for a kneebar and knew there was a risk of the guy getting back to his feet if I couldn’t finish. I either wanted to submit him on the floor or knock him out.”

“I threw my forehead on his fists a few times, to let him know I wasn’t scared – ‘Give me your best shot, I’ll eat it."

“He was trying to get me to freeze up, make me feel like I didn’t belong in the cage with him.”

Finally, Weidman ended the antics, concluding, “I’m coming after you now.”

Weidman said he enjoyed a lunch with White Monday that is due to be followed by a substantial financial bonus -- “Let’s just say I’m happy to be part of the UFC,” Weidman said.

Weidman said he is likely to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee soon to clear out some “bone chips or scar tissue ... that’ll only lay me up two weeks, then I’ll get back to training.”

Read entire article...

7/10/13 12:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kinkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most idiots will say he is simply talking shit, but from watching the fight closely it makes perfect sense. Silva seemed rattled, and desperate, It could've definitely been from how confident Weidman was.
7/10/13 12:57 AM
crazydave
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We will see in the rematch then.

7/10/13 1:00 AM
DEZBOT

DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.
Along with vitor Phone Post
7/10/13 1:01 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

I agree but mainly to the silva fans.

Unless this becomes a every week thing, then it will start to get a little annoying. But he is the champ, he did just defeat the GOAT so he has earned the right to say whatever he wants...

7/10/13 1:06 AM
Kinkle

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.
7/10/13 1:07 AM
jimbonice

Weidman is just sounding fugoofy, now. Phone Post
7/10/13 1:09 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Silva is hovering around #3 or 4 in the division. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:11 AM
MMALOGIC

Anderson underestimated him in the figth and likely also underestimated him during his camp.  After maia cracked silva he began playing the same games.   the difference is maia froze and weidman ate him up.

7/10/13 1:14 AM
da Vinci 81
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold -
Bisping decisioned my SN - 

Unless this becomes a every week thing, then it will start to get a little annoying. But he is the champ, he did just defeat the GOAT so he has earned the right to say whatever he wants...

I would agree to an extent, but it was a bizarre fight and to act like Weidman did everything right and beat the best Anderson Silva he could beat is untrue IMO.

It doesn't belittle the achievement, but Weidman is basically talking like he's Bones post Shogun, rather than Serra post GSP.
Serra was a journeyman fighter that was lucky to ever get a shot. I don't think his own training partners even thought he would beat gsp.

Weidman is an undefeated top prospect with a ton of hype. Many people have commented he is the next big thing at MW and that he will be champ for a long time.

He's way more comparable to jones than Serra. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:17 AM
Kinkle

DanGold - 
Kinkle - 

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.

I feel like you read pretty much nothing Weidman said, nor my reply to it and saw what you wanted to see and then replied to nothing that actually exists.

I am pretty sure you called him arrogant, and compared him to Ronda Rousey. I am pretty sure Weidman was also super classy to Silva in the post fight interview (unlike lets say Rousey after she beat Tate). I am also pretty sure you are just another shit talker trying to bash Weidman for no other reason that you are butthurt that he smashed your idol. Show some class, no reason to bash a fighter for beating somebody you liked.
7/10/13 1:19 AM
MMALOGIC

this is the most important part of the article for those whining about weidmans pay:

"Long Island's Weidman, 29, said he partied with friends from New York after the bout, enjoyed a lunch with White Monday that is due to be followed by a substantial financial bonus -- “Let’s just say I’m happy to be part of the UFC,” Weidman said -- and is looking forward to the Silva rematch."

7/10/13 1:27 AM
Kinkle

Edited: 07/10/13 1:28 AM
He COULDN'T hurt him in their last fight. That was also my conclusion during the fight. Silva got desperate because he couldn't connect any significant strike on Weidman, at the end of the first Weidman was showboating, taking face shots, and came out unscathed.. Also about 10 seconds before Silva was KO'd, he had a hold of Weidman's arm, threw a front kick (very similar to the one that KO'd Vitor), and it completely miss. I thought Silva was obviously frustated and that is when he started to taunt Weidman, to get him to engage, and rush in, to get caught by Silva's legendary counterstrikes, it obviously did not work out that way......

I am sorry that you have no clue what is actually going on during the fight, so keep calling Weidman arrogant & annoying, the people who actually know what's going on will continue laughing at you.
7/10/13 1:29 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Who gives a damn?

I'd rather listen to him talk than Ronda and Vitor, considering what he did tops whatever they've done in their MMA careers. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:29 AM
ShoreBreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold -
Kinkle - 
DanGold - 
Kinkle - 

I feel like you read pretty much nothing Weidman said, nor my reply to it and saw what you wanted to see and then replied to nothing that actually exists.

I am pretty sure you called him arrogant, and compared him to Ronda Rousey. I am pretty sure Weidman was also super classy to Silva in the post fight interview (unlike lets say Rousey after she beat Tate). I am also pretty sure you are just another shit talker trying to bash Weidman for no other reason that you are butthurt that he smashed your idol. Show some class, no reason to bash a fighter for beating somebody you liked.

Ronda Rousey is the gold standard for annoying fighters. Weidman continually talking like he had more to do with the win than Anderson will be annoying and move him up the ranks.

And again, "can't" isn't the same as "didn't". Weidman thinking Anderson can't hurt him is arrogant.
Let us know when your imaginary time line with can't and didn't ends ... Untill he does, he kinda can't fuckface lol Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:43 AM
Kings21
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - 
DanGold -

I would agree to an extent, but it was a bizarre fight and to act like Weidman did everything right and beat the best Anderson Silva he could beat is untrue IMO.

It doesn't belittle the achievement, but Weidman is basically talking like he's Bones post Shogun, rather than Serra post GSP.
Serra was a journeyman fighter that was lucky to ever get a shot. I don't think his own training partners even thought he would beat gsp.

Weidman is an undefeated top prospect with a ton of hype. Many people have commented he is the next big thing at MW and that he will be champ for a long time.

This. Its easy to compare Weidman/Silva to Serra/GSP. I've done it myself but mostly just find it funny that these two train together. Weidman had a lot more deserved hype coming into this fight. A lot undeserved but compared to Serra going into the GSP fight, a lot of Weidmans hype was justified. I wouldnt compare him to Jones, at least not yet, but its a better comparison than to Serra for sure when it comes to their potential and justified hype.
7/10/13 1:43 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman fan here but he's talking some serious nonsense above. LMAO idiots thinking its actually true. Ya, Anderson Silva couldn't hurt Weidman, or any other MW. Riiiiight. lol
7/10/13 1:44 AM
Donnie Donowitz
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he's trying to get silva into that rematch. I'm a die hard silva fan and like everyone says his cockiness cost him the fight. Silva knows it, Weidman knows it, everyone knows. This rematch is really important for him to solidify his championship reign. If he doesn't rematch he'll have everyone (me included) saying the silva win was luck. If he can beat silva twice, even in a decision. Will make it clear it wasn't a fluke, and that he is the real deal. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:45 AM
Kinkle

"At no point did Anderson throw punches or kicks that looked dangerous."

I am not sure if you are trolling, or just a retard. 

That kick was thrown with BAD INTENTIONS, if it landed, it would've been as spectacular as the VITOR KO.

I am leaning toward RETARD, anybody else agree???..........

7/10/13 1:50 AM
MMALOGIC

Kings21 - 
da Vinci 81 - 
DanGold -

This. Its easy to compare Weidman/Silva to Serra/GSP. I've done it myself but mostly just find it funny that these two train together. Weidman had a lot more deserved hype coming into this fight. A lot undeserved but compared to Serra going into the GSP fight, a lot of Weidmans hype was justified. I wouldnt compare him to Jones, at least not yet, but its a better comparison than to Serra for sure when it comes to their potential and justified hype.

Serra was a 12 to 1 underdog...  weidman was a 2 to 1 underdog.

7/10/13 1:51 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Confident Chris Weidman ladies and gentlemen....

A little hubris,mixed in with some confidence and some truth.

Yes i do think he was more powerful,yes i do think that amazingly Weidman really did not seem to care to much where the fight was going and took some risk he probably shouldn't take in the second fight (more focus on the take-downs please and less standing with Silva) and yes i do think that Silva got very frustrated with Weidman games after the first round (he obviously needed to keep the fight standing hence the antics).

But its a little silly to say that Silva could never KO him. Silva might not have thrown anything with insane power but if you get hit with pin point precision you can still go down an look like a clown.

Unfortunately Silva made himself look like a clown because he went totally overboard with his antics. I am very glad he paid the price for it.
7/10/13 1:54 AM
Kinkle

Lazy? That kick came out like a shotgun going off....

Oh fuck I get it.... You got me...

I'll give you credit, nobody has gotten me hooked like you in awhile.... Good job....
7/10/13 2:03 AM
Dmoney35
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinkle -

"At no point did Anderson throw punches or kicks that looked dangerous."

I am not sure if you are trolling, or just a retard. 

That kick was thrown with BAD INTENTIONS, if it landed, it would've been as spectacular as the VITOR KO.

I am leaning toward RETARD, anybody else agree???..........

you realize that was basically the only strike Anderson attempted to his head?

you found one strike and it's a off balance crescent kick with zero power. he threw this as part of his cockiness like "look at this shit"

Anderson hasn't even punched him yet soooo yah weidman stay confident.

Anderson silva WILL finish weidman in devastating fashion in the rematch. I am positive of this Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 2:10 AM
Kinkle

"Anderson silva WILL finish weidman in devastating fashion in the rematch. I am positive of this"

How are you sure of this? I am pretty sure you morons said the same thing about the first fight. What if Anderson takes the fight off and starts showboating again? Zero power? That kills any credibility you have, if it landed, it would've fucked Weidman up. Also Silva had many more strike attempts to the head then that one, alright I am done with arguing with the idiot newer fans for the night....
7/10/13 2:14 AM
Deaf Forever

Exactly. Weidman is sounding delusional. Anderson never landed a hard shot. He hurt Dan Henderson for fuck's sakes. And he won the fight and has every right to bask in that but he's sounding far from humble with the constant diminishing of Anderson. Why play up your "superiority" after you've already won?

One thing I respect about Chael Sonnen is he always gives the other guy his due and talks up his opponent even if he completely dominated them a la Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt and Brian Stann.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.