UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Silva 'realized he couldn't hurt me'

7/10/13 2:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AirForceBoy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson will do more than hurt you in the rematch Weidman he will give you a well deserved nap in the middle of the octagon for your efforts. Continue to talk yourself up and enjoy your time as "champ" just know that Silva will get that belt back if and when he wants to. Man this kid is already getting annoying.
7/10/13 2:38 AM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whole thing is going to his head pretty quickly. Not to take away from what he did, he is the new champ, but he has to know that Andy gifted him one by fucking around too much. Even Renzo said Chris was fading. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 2:39 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gize

you can't tell someone how they should feel

The only feelings we can have are the ones made by the rainbows in our own hearts

Feelings are our own and a little bit magic.

7/10/13 2:45 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/10/13 2:53 AM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap - This whole thing is going to his head pretty quickly. Not to take away from what he did, he is the new champ, but he has to know that Andy gifted him one by fucking around too much. Even Renzo said Chris was fading. Phone Post 3.0

he doesnt know any better and that's why he won.  people can blame Anderson's showboating all they want (as I do) but you also have to acknowledge the fact that weidman has been the only guy who has been able to deal with Andersons shit and knock him the fuck out.  Weidman deserves a ton of credit.

Having said that...  the rematch is gonna be a different story.

7/10/13 2:45 AM
Kid_dynamite319

Sigh I think Weidman is giving himself too much credit, If Anderson feared his power he wouldn't have been able to laugh at one of his strikes.
7/10/13 2:50 AM
Brool Story Co employee

This is absurd.

He should just have stayed quiet. Phone Post
7/10/13 5:09 AM
Dominique Robinson
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.
I agree w/all u said Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 6:34 AM
Jack Carter
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice - Weidman is just sounding fugoofy, now. Phone Post
Nope, he just said exactly what happened. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 6:49 AM
sambrincat

Yes.... Retard Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 7:06 AM
theDude81
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinkle - 
DanGold - 
Kinkle - 
DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.

I feel like you read pretty much nothing Weidman said, nor my reply to it and saw what you wanted to see and then replied to nothing that actually exists.

I am pretty sure you called him arrogant, and compared him to Ronda Rousey. I am pretty sure Weidman was also super classy to Silva in the post fight interview (unlike lets say Rousey after she beat Tate). I am also pretty sure you are just another shit talker trying to bash Weidman for no other reason that you are butthurt that he smashed your idol. Show some class, no reason to bash a fighter for beating somebody you liked.

Amen. I'm tired of hearing people call Weidman arrogant. I guarantee these same people would be just as arrogant had they just KO'ed the GOAT. And deservedly so.
7/10/13 7:20 AM
Jack Carter
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theDude81 -
Kinkle - 
DanGold - 
Kinkle - 
DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.

I feel like you read pretty much nothing Weidman said, nor my reply to it and saw what you wanted to see and then replied to nothing that actually exists.

I am pretty sure you called him arrogant, and compared him to Ronda Rousey. I am pretty sure Weidman was also super classy to Silva in the post fight interview (unlike lets say Rousey after she beat Tate). I am also pretty sure you are just another shit talker trying to bash Weidman for no other reason that you are butthurt that he smashed your idol. Show some class, no reason to bash a fighter for beating somebody you liked.

Amen. I'm tired of hearing people call Weidman arrogant. I guarantee these same people would be just as arrogant had they just KO'ed the GOAT. And deservedly so.
They're just idiots. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 7:33 AM
Leck Brosnar

http://www.fuel.tv/ufcultimateinsider/videos/chris-weidman-reacts-to-silva-vs-bonnar/

It's not like Weidman is making shit up, he knew exactly what he was going into and came out on top. He seems like a very intelligent guy.
7/10/13 7:40 AM
Leck Brosnar

MMA Lives Here - Opponent barely throws a strike

"He knew he couldn't hurt me."

So much c0ck. Cock guy Phone Post 3.0

Barely throws? Didn't all of you nuthuggers think Silva was easily winning? WTF was he doing then?
7/10/13 7:46 AM
Deaf Forever

Leck Brosnar - 

Barely throws? Didn't all of you nuthuggers think Silva was easily winning? WTF was he doing then?

Well it's the truth! He didn't impose any serious offense. he fought Weidman the way he fought Bonnar and Maia and paid for it.

When did he throw anything of note at Weidman? I'm waiting...
7/10/13 7:53 AM
GarlicSauce

Love Weidman, but this is idiotic talk at best. Arrogant and BS stuff like this makes him a lot less appealing.
7/10/13 8:05 AM
Eatin Applesauce

makes alot of sense,Silva usually plays those games and capitalizes quickly on his opponent coming straight at him with a 1 2, Weidman frustrated and broke Anderson Silva, and i think the rematch will be a better fight with Anderson coming in full focused,i'll take Weidman by submission in feb
7/10/13 8:05 AM
Entreri

Weidman dominated Silva and finished him, I can understand his cockiness.

Weidman did hesitate and was playing Silva's game briefly, which will not happen in a rematch.

Weidman is a larger version of a younger GSP without having as good wrestling and a bit more power in his hands. The ideal candidate to beat Silva again.
7/10/13 8:06 AM
The Last Emperor

Deaf Forever - 
Leck Brosnar - 

Well it's the truth! He didn't impose any serious offense. he fought Weidman the way he fought Bonnar and Maia and paid for it.

Then he was never "easily winning" at any point in the fight. You can't have it both ways.
7/10/13 8:17 AM
Onlyonemichaelbisping

I'm not a silva fan but weidman must have watched a few silva fights in the last let's say, decade

If he doesn't think silva can hurt him he is SEVERELY mistaken Phone Post
7/10/13 8:20 AM
Stea1th

Arguing about semantics Phone Post
7/10/13 8:21 AM
LucasBTiger
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donnie Donowitz - Sounds like he's trying to get silva into that rematch. I'm a die hard silva fan and like everyone says his cockiness cost him the fight. Silva knows it, Weidman knows it, everyone knows. This rematch is really important for him to solidify his championship reign. If he doesn't rematch he'll have everyone (me included) saying the silva win was luck. If he can beat silva twice, even in a decision. Will make it clear it wasn't a fluke, and that he is the real deal. Phone Post 3.0
^ Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 8:21 AM
Leck Brosnar

MMA Lives Here - 
The Last Emperor -
Deaf Forever - 
Leck Brosnar - 

Then he was never "easily winning" at any point in the fight. You can't have it both ways.
Who said that? Phone Post 3.0

ALOT of you nuthuggers. They can identify themselves.

Weidman is saying the shots Silva landed on him did nothing and the shots he landed did more damage. Fact.

He should've taken the frontkick to the face to please you guys.
7/10/13 8:26 AM
REDRUM_NYC

If any of you actually think he comes off as "cocky" or "arrogant" you need a real life... Get off the Internet now please.....

7/10/13 8:30 AM
Willin
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman's analysis of the fight is spot on! People criticize his one failed shot but don't acknowledge that Anderson did nothing. Phone Post
7/10/13 8:36 AM
REDRUM_NYC

jimbonice -  Weidman is just sounding fugoofy, now. Phone Post

"Sounding"..????? From what Im seeing here is "quotes" from an LA TIMES writer... Extracted Quotes from a conversation almost always will come off a little different than if your hearing Chris talk...

Now if youve ever heard Chris talk hes very respectful ALWAYS...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.