UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Silva 'realized he couldn't hurt me'

7/10/13 8:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mmmmm the butt hurt Andy fans' tears are so yummy

7/10/13 8:39 AM
Jack Carter
852 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin - Weidman's analysis of the fight is spot on! People criticize his one failed shot but don't acknowledge that Anderson did nothing. Phone Post
This. Silva did nothing because Weidman was simply too good for Silva.

Silva tried to fight a good fight but Weidman dominated. He then knew he might lose, so he resorted to his Hail Mary clown moves and this time it didn't work because Weidman was too good to fall for that crap.

Silva had nothing for Weidman besides a few leg kicks.

What fight were people watching Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 8:42 AM
Black Belt Wrestling
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's very possible that Silva was extremely frustrated in that fight once he felt the physical strength of Weidman on the ground. Silva caught a bit of a break when Weidman dropped down for the leg to be honest. In hindsight that mistake by Weidman is making that first fight seem far more competitive than it actually was - In the rematch Weidman will not have that monster adrenaline dump. I also think that fans fail to realize that once you are KTFO you may never be the same in a number of ways.
7/10/13 8:45 AM
Black Belt Wrestling

I will also add that if Brock Lesnar had acted like Silva in the cage there would have been quite an uproar about "respect" Silva gets a pass (sorta like Ali got a pass) from most of the fans. I have no idea why?
7/10/13 8:57 AM
Mojo514

Silva didnt clown on Weidman cause he knew he couldnt hurt him, he clowned cause he had no worries at all, im a big Silva fan but it was hard to watch Anderson basically throw the belt away, he could've finished the fight so many times but instead gave Weidman every chance he could have to punch his clock, Anderson better fuckin wake up n actually fight in the rematch n reclame wats his, disappointed that Anderson fucked up his streak as champion
7/10/13 9:06 AM
REDRUM_NYC

Edited: 07/10/13 9:10 AM

wrong ... All of Team Serra made a lot of money down in Houston at UFC69... Everyone knew he was going to KO GSP if he just touched his face...  Matty throws BOMBS

7/10/13 9:08 AM
REDRUM_NYC

Mojo514 - Silva didnt clown on Weidman cause he knew he couldnt hurt him, he clowned cause he had no worries at all, im a big Silva fan but it was hard to watch Anderson basically throw the belt away, he could've finished the fight so many times but instead gave Weidman every chance he could have to punch his clock, Anderson better fuckin wake up n actually fight in the rematch n reclame wats his, disappointed that Anderson fucked up his streak as champion

"Silva could have finished the fight"  0 times

7/10/13 9:11 AM
flyingdman
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're all Fuck heads. Phone Post
7/10/13 9:16 AM
JunkieDog

Kinkle - Most idiots will say he is simply talking shit, but from watching the fight closely it makes perfect sense. Silva seemed rattled, and desperate, It could've definitely been from how confident Weidman was.

Differing opinion = idiocy? K.

7/10/13 9:22 AM
Mojo514

Edited: 07/10/13 9:22 AM
<blockquote>REDRUM_NYC - <blockquote>Mojo514 - Silva didnt clown on Weidman cause he knew he couldnt hurt him, he clowned cause he had no worries at all, im a big Silva fan but it was hard to watch Anderson basically throw the belt away, he could've finished the fight so many times but instead gave Weidman every chance he could have to punch his clock, Anderson better fuckin wake up n actually fight in the rematch n reclame wats his, disappointed that Anderson fucked up his streak as champion</blockquote><br /><p>
"Silva could have finished the fight"  <strong>0</strong> times</p></blockquote><br />Silva would stand in front of Weidman clownin n throw 1 strike n not follow up n Weidman stood there stunned
7/10/13 9:25 AM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The kid just took a belt from one of the greatest. Let him enjoy his moment in the sun and stop disecting his every word like he is running for office. Seriously, chill the fuck out. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 9:34 AM
TeamRenzo4Life

MMALOGIC - 

this is the most important part of the article for those whining about weidmans pay:

"Long Island's Weidman, 29, said he partied with friends from New York after the bout, enjoyed a lunch with White Monday that is due to be followed by a substantial financial bonus -- “Let’s just say I’m happy to be part of the UFC,” Weidman said -- and is looking forward to the Silva rematch."

Just curious, does Zuffa include your screen name on your paycheck, or are you assigned a number like "Paid Poster 73454B6590"?
Wow, The UFC upped his pay from peanuts to pistachios.
7/10/13 9:40 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

DanGold -
Bisping decisioned my SN - 
DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

I agree but mainly to the silva fans.

Unless this becomes a every week thing, then it will start to get a little annoying. But he is the champ, he did just defeat the GOAT so he has earned the right to say whatever he wants...

I would agree to an extent, but it was a bizarre fight and to act like Weidman did everything right and beat the best Anderson Silva he could beat is untrue IMO.

It doesn't belittle the achievement, but Weidman is basically talking like he's Bones post Shogun, rather than Serra post GSP.
Lol jesus you anderson fans are delusional. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 9:43 AM
theDude81
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 
Black Belt Wrestling - I will also add that if Brock Lesnar had acted like Silva in the cage there would have been quite an uproar about "respect" Silva gets a pass (sorta like Ali got a pass) from most of the fans. I have no idea why?
Really? You have no idea why Anderson Silva would get a pass over Brock Lesnar?

1) It's part of Anderson's game
2) He's an MMA veteran
3) He's one of the GOATs Phone Post 3.0

I disagree. The main reason why Silva gets a pass is race. As far back as I can remember I have seen black athletes pray in the endzone after scoring touchdowns or give thanks to God after winning awards and no one ever said a word. Then came Tim Tebow and all of a sudden it was like he was the only religious athlete to ever play the game and was made fun of constantly.

So yes, if Brock Lesner acted like Silva it would be a much different story and it's sad to say but race is the reason.
7/10/13 9:46 AM
Don_Dada
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is my personal opinion, and i've only watched the fight one time so far and that was live. When watching it live i thought Anderson was successfully breaking him before being caught, there was a couple of times Chris looked like he questioned himself. Before being caught i thought it was just a matter of time before Anderson put Chris away.

7/10/13 9:50 AM
Aaron Becker

GarlicSauce - Love Weidman, but this is idiotic talk at best. Arrogant and BS stuff like this makes him a lot less appealing.

of course he's not going to be appealing to you anyways, he smashed your demi-god
7/10/13 9:55 AM
Aaron Becker

MMA Lives Here - 
Black Belt Wrestling - I will also add that if Brock Lesnar had acted like Silva in the cage there would have been quite an uproar about "respect" Silva gets a pass (sorta like Ali got a pass) from most of the fans. I have no idea why?
Really? You have no idea why Anderson Silva would get a pass over Brock Lesnar?

1) It's part of Anderson's game
2) He's an MMA veteran
3) He's one of the GOATs Phone Post 3.0

and you call yourself a sports fan?
7/10/13 10:03 AM
crzyJenks
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before the fight Chris says Anderson is great but he feels confident that he's going to win the fight and he has the tools.   Then people say enough of this kid, he's so cocky, arrogant, etc.

When him and Anderson stood face to face for the first time so many people wrote how Chris looks scared.

Then the fight happens and he did exactly what he said he was going to do.  He showed no fear against the most devastating striker mma has seen.  He went for a dangerous submission rather than just try to grind out a  decision.  It would have been easy for anyone to get caught up in Andersons games after that, lose composure and lose the fight.  Weidman pressed forward and played Andersons game and won.  Now he talks about beating the GOAT after coming out with no damage and anything he says means he's arrogant.

7/10/13 10:06 AM
Kinkle

JunkieDog -
Kinkle - Most idiots will say he is simply talking shit, but from watching the fight closely it makes perfect sense. Silva seemed rattled, and desperate, It could've definitely been from how confident Weidman was.

Differing opinion = idiocy? K.

When that opinion is idiotic, yes. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 10:08 AM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap - This whole thing is going to his head pretty quickly. Not to take away from what he did, he is the new champ, but he has to know that Andy gifted him one by fucking around too much. Even Renzo said Chris was fading. Phone Post 3.0

he doesnt know any better and that's why he won.  people can blame Anderson's showboating all they want (as I do) but you also have to acknowledge the fact that weidman has been the only guy who has been able to deal with Andersons shit and knock him the fuck out.  Weidman deserves a ton of credit.

Having said that...  the rematch is gonna be a different story.

I agree. Like I said I'm not taking anything away from what he did. It happened. That's that. But the rematch will definitely be a different story. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 10:09 AM
Phil999

Wow this is getting way over the top.
7/10/13 10:11 AM
Akston
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman is obviously on drugs Phone Post
7/10/13 10:23 AM
Kinkle

DanGold - 
crzyJenks - 

Before the fight Chris says Anderson is great but he feels confident that he's going to win the fight and he has the tools.   Then people say enough of this kid, he's so cocky, arrogant, etc.

When him and Anderson stood face to face for the first time so many people wrote how Chris looks scared.

Then the fight happens and he did exactly what he said he was going to do.  He showed no fear against the most devastating striker mma has seen.  He went for a dangerous submission rather than just try to grind out a  decision.  It would have been easy for anyone to get caught up in Andersons games after that, lose composure and lose the fight.  Weidman pressed forward and played Andersons game and won.  Now he talks about beating the GOAT after coming out with no damage and anything he says means he's arrogant.

He said Anderson can't hurt him. Can't. Not didn't. That's a pretty arrogant statement to make considering Anderson didn't really throw anything hard.

Couldn't does not equal can't. Couldn't is past tense, where did Weidman say that Anderson would not be able to hurt him in the rematch? Weidman was simply discussing their first fight, where Silva COULDN'T hurt him.
7/10/13 10:27 AM
grindnpound
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, trying t bait Silva into a rematch for sure. After the way Anderson fought and his post fight remarks no one is really sure that he will take the rematch. Attacking Anderson's pride is a good way to ensure that Weidman get a fight next time. Even though i think Weidman has a very good chance of winning the rematch, he needs the rematch to get haters off his back. I am really looking forward to the rematch as its going to go one of two ways either Silva dominates him and tries to make a point, or it will be a drawn out War than Weidman wins, i dont see Weidman finishing him again at least not on the feet
7/10/13 10:28 AM
crzyJenks
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold - 
crzyJenks - 

He said Anderson can't hurt him. Can't. Not didn't. That's a pretty arrogant statement to make considering Anderson didn't really throw anything hard.

I understand what you are saying, I don't think chris thinks anderson is uncapable of hurting him.  But I do not like the fact that people are just shitting on his win over Anderson.  Now it's Anderson was just toying with him.

Truthfully I think when Anderson was down on his back he took some good shots and even the heel hook looked a little scary.  I don't think he wanted to be there anymore.  So he did what Anderson does and he tried getting into his head.  Try to break him, make him feel like he didn't deserve to be in there.

But it didn't work, and I think Weidman deserves some respect for that.  If you guys think it's easy to stand in there with that man and not break down from that shit you gotta be outta your mind.  It was the same "arrogant" attitude that everyone was blasting weidman for that made him believe in himself that he could win.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.