UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Silva 'realized he couldn't hurt me'

7/10/13 12:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SQUEEZIE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donnie Donowitz - Sounds like he's trying to get silva into that rematch. I'm a die hard silva fan and like everyone says his cockiness cost him the fight. Silva knows it, Weidman knows it, everyone knows. This rematch is really important for him to solidify his championship reign. If he doesn't rematch he'll have everyone (me included) saying the silva win was luck. If he can beat silva twice, even in a decision. Will make it clear it wasn't a fluke, and that he is the real deal. Phone Post 3.0

ppl w mma knowledge already knew he was the real deal...a lot of non huggers were picking him long before the fight took place.you wouldnt pick him to beat one of the best ever for no reason.he was the real deal before the fight took place.he was the real deal during the fight and it wont change if they fight again. he will go for a sub and get it next fight. then he will have finished andy by ko and sub and silva huggers will kill them selves
7/10/13 12:22 PM
NFABeeJay
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid_dynamite319 - Sigh I think Weidman is giving himself too much credit, If Anderson feared his power he wouldn't have been able to laugh at one of his strikes.
He couldn't laugh at one of those strikes. He was to busy waking up and single legging Herb. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 12:24 PM
SQUEEZIE

uberpinscher - 
DanGold -
Kinkle - 

"At no point did Anderson throw punches or kicks that looked dangerous."

I am not sure if you are trolling, or just a retard. 

That kick was thrown with BAD INTENTIONS, if it landed, it would've been as spectacular as the VITOR KO.

I am leaning toward RETARD, anybody else agree???..........

I can't believe you posted a GIF that shows a lazily thrown kick nowhere near landing on Weidman as an example of a dangerous strike.

I think you must be from eastern europe. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Lol he must be trollololling Phone Post 3.0

im not leaning toward it...im there.he is def a trolling retard w/ a case of ass burgers(asperger) too.
7/10/13 12:25 PM
SQUEEZIE

im pretty sure danny boi and lay-n-gay jerk each other off to andy fights.
7/10/13 12:29 PM
Jack Carter
854 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's not the same kick as the one that caught Vitor.

It was a crescent kick that Weidman easily slipped. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 12:35 PM
dermotfix
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmoney35 - it's unreal to me sometimes the stances this place takes. Having any confidence that weidman can beat silva again is ludicrous unless Anderson acts crazy again. it was an awkward ending to a fight that Anderson silva was so confident he was going to win he messed around.

weidman didn't
-out skill Anderson
-out wrestle
-out smart
-out jiu jitsu
- out strike

Chris weidman landed a punch when Anderson was acting like an idiot. now a win is a win but weidman in no way proved he is a superior fighter.

ANDERSON LOST HIMSELF THE FIGHT

why is Anderson already the favorite for the rematch? Phone Post 3.0

you're talking out your asshole

One thing you won't hear is AS talking about how he out-struck CW.

Get out of the denial stage.

7/10/13 12:55 PM
Kinkle

Marketing guy - I see your point. After rereading I understand what you were going for. I'm just saying that Weidman should have said he "didn't" hurt him not that he lacked the ability. We all know it could have easily been Weidman at any moment sleeping on the floor. If Weidman believes Anderson couldn't hurt him, that will definitely be an advantage for Anderson come rematch time.
I feel many of you are inferring much more than what was actually said. Weidman is 100% correct in saying Anderson COULDN'T hurt him in the fight, how do we know? Anderson was actively attempting to hurt Weidman for a little more than a round, and was not capable of hurting him. Didn't hurt him implies that Anderson could've hurt him during the course of the fight if he simply chose to.

I think it is extremely silly to think that Anderson could've hurt Weidman and decided simply not to, the frustration of Anderson, and the attempted strikes say differently.

Weidman never said Anderson couldn't and can never hurt him no matter what could've happened in that fight and whatever happens in any future fight. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 12:58 PM
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen - 

Anderson by brutal KO in February
7/10/13 1:02 PM
Silverball
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monday morning cornerback privileges are included with 'The Spoils Of Victory' package...
7/10/13 1:13 PM
6ULDV8
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters should not have to deal with the media at all after they had a fight.  They should be able to tell reporters to fuck off until their next fight is coming up.

No matter what they say, there are opinionated assholes on places such as this saying they should just shut up and they hate them.

They don't need that shit.

7/10/13 1:16 PM
6ULDV8
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And inflammatory OG blog headlines don't help with this TBH.

Seriously, 90% of people only read the thread title and post, that's it.

Be responsible

7/10/13 1:21 PM
caseharts
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
DanGold -
Kinkle - 
DanGold - 
Kinkle - 
DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.

I feel like you read pretty much nothing Weidman said, nor my reply to it and saw what you wanted to see and then replied to nothing that actually exists.

I am pretty sure you called him arrogant, and compared him to Ronda Rousey. I am pretty sure Weidman was also super classy to Silva in the post fight interview (unlike lets say Rousey after she beat Tate). I am also pretty sure you are just another shit talker trying to bash Weidman for no other reason that you are butthurt that he smashed your idol. Show some class, no reason to bash a fighter for beating somebody you liked.

Ronda Rousey is the gold standard for annoying fighters. Weidman continually talking like he had more to do with the win than Anderson will be annoying and move him up the ranks.

And again, "can't" isn't the same as "didn't". Weidman thinking Anderson can't hurt him is arrogant.
Buttttttttt hurtttttttt Phone Post
7/10/13 1:22 PM
caseharts
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
subwrassler -
Swedgen - 

Anderson by brutal KO in February
Nope :) Phone Post
7/10/13 1:32 PM
THE_REAL_AMERICAN
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinkle - 

"At no point did Anderson throw punches or kicks that looked dangerous."

I am not sure if you are trolling, or just a retard. 

That kick was thrown with BAD INTENTIONS, if it landed, it would've been as spectacular as the VITOR KO.

I am leaning toward RETARD, anybody else agree???..........

This kick was also thrown with BAD INTENTIONS

7/10/13 1:36 PM
TexDeuce
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Anderson KO's him in the rematch Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 1:50 PM
Il Duce
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, fighters have been saying the same thing forever. They have to believe in themselves. Why is this any different? Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 2:08 PM
Marketing guy

Kinkle - 
Marketing guy - I see your point. After rereading I understand what you were going for. I'm just saying that Weidman should have said he "didn't" hurt him not that he lacked the ability. We all know it could have easily been Weidman at any moment sleeping on the floor. If Weidman believes Anderson couldn't hurt him, that will definitely be an advantage for Anderson come rematch time.
I feel many of you are inferring much more than what was actually said. Weidman is 100% correct in saying Anderson COULDN'T hurt him in the fight, how do we know? Anderson was actively attempting to hurt Weidman for a little more than a round, and was not capable of hurting him. Didn't hurt him implies that Anderson could've hurt him during the course of the fight if he simply chose to.

I think it is extremely silly to think that Anderson could've hurt Weidman and decided simply not to, the frustration of Anderson, and the attempted strikes say differently.

Weidman never said Anderson couldn't and can never hurt him no matter what could've happened in that fight and whatever happens in any future fight. Phone Post 3.0

I'm knit picking beyond belief here bro. You can take it either way. I'm not sure how good Weidman's vocab is. I'm just saying... What he said refers to ability. "didn't" would have fit better and people most likely wouldn't be on here arguing over this. What we know is that Silva DIDN't hurt Weidman, not that he lacked the ability. We will need the rematch to show whether he COULD hurt Weidman.
7/10/13 2:21 PM
HossPearson
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pompei - Not sure what some of you were watching... I saw Silva dance his title away to a guy that was clearly gassing out, stiffening up and losing confidence up until he caught Silva on the button.

To all of you talking crap about Anderson, have a look at his past fights. Look at the fact that its him and him alone that depicts when to turn up the heat and finish you. We love to watch him because nobody has ever seen enough of a guy that moves like a matrix character and can finish you with one move.

Have a look at Weidmans face during the first round break... Oozing confidence as he tried not to shit himself. Paper champ. Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 3:08 PM
6ULDV8

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=2190732&page=4

The one time I called it.  An immediate rematch is ridiculous.

I said on another thread that if you happen to get the belt your rematch should already be scheduled, but you didn't really win it yet.

Auto-rematches are fucking retarded.

Straight up.

7/10/13 3:12 PM
6ULDV8

Well I guess you sort of knocked him out in devastating fashion in the second round, but we're not convinced yet.

Go again

?????

PROFIT!

- Zuffa

7/10/13 3:13 PM
6ULDV8

Hey, Americans love a sequel!

- Hollywood

7/10/13 3:18 PM
Kinkle

DanGold -
caseharts - 
DanGold -
Kinkle - 
DanGold - 
Kinkle - 
DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.

I feel like you read pretty much nothing Weidman said, nor my reply to it and saw what you wanted to see and then replied to nothing that actually exists.

I am pretty sure you called him arrogant, and compared him to Ronda Rousey. I am pretty sure Weidman was also super classy to Silva in the post fight interview (unlike lets say Rousey after she beat Tate). I am also pretty sure you are just another shit talker trying to bash Weidman for no other reason that you are butthurt that he smashed your idol. Show some class, no reason to bash a fighter for beating somebody you liked.

Ronda Rousey is the gold standard for annoying fighters. Weidman continually talking like he had more to do with the win than Anderson will be annoying and move him up the ranks.

And again, "can't" isn't the same as "didn't". Weidman thinking Anderson can't hurt him is arrogant.
Buttttttttt hurtttttttt Phone Post

Such an eloquent, well thought out response. Amazing that you would use your professional account to post trolling stupidity. I'm sure that's good for business.
Do you realize how pathetic you come off as in this thread? Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 3:21 PM
ajl416az

its not arrogance when an elite athlete knows hes better then someone else

its confidence
7/10/13 3:38 PM
kusa

Is it just me or was weidman talking about how much damage he took from two body kicks in the post fight press. Just stop talking, if he was scared of his power why was he leaning in? Two possibilities Anderson thought Weidman had no chance of finishing him, or he honestly wanted to lose. They should make the layoff on title rematches four months, primarily so a division doesn't end up being locked down for 2 years. If Anderson wins the hypothetical rematch on super bowl weekend. We get to wait for number 3 some time towards the end of 2014, then another fighter will get a chance sometime in 2015. Assuming there's not a longer layoff between any of these fights.
7/10/13 3:58 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect Anderson's skillset and all, but the more I read the arguements for Silva not trying at all is getting old. He did go over the top, but its because his normal antics werent working

Weidman took him to that point by not falling into Silva's game. Weidman deserves more credit than he is getting.

Weidman wins the rematch Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.