UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Silva 'realized he couldn't hurt me'

7/10/13 4:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SiriusXM Fight Club
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanGold - 
Bisping decisioned my SN - 
DanGold - "Can't" is not the same as "didn't".

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

I agree but mainly to the silva fans.

Unless this becomes a every week thing, then it will start to get a little annoying. But he is the champ, he did just defeat the GOAT so he has earned the right to say whatever he wants...

I would agree to an extent, but it was a bizarre fight and to act like Weidman did everything right and beat the best Anderson Silva he could beat is untrue IMO.

It doesn't belittle the achievement, but Weidman is basically talking like he's Bones post Shogun, rather than Serra post GSP.

I think we have a "Butt Hurt Red Alert" on our hands...

7/10/13 4:34 PM
Poop Doodle
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there any 'God is the unbeatable Bruce Lee of MMA' gifs/memes yet?
7/10/13 4:37 PM
SiriusXM Fight Club

Chiron - Weidman fan here but he's talking some serious nonsense above. LMAO idiots thinking its actually true. Ya, Anderson Silva couldn't hurt Weidman, or any other MW. Riiiiight. lol

Not saying you are not a fan of Weidman, given that, as an MMA fan how could you not be after a performance like that. But it's obvious that you are a much bigger Anderson fan. Why else would you delve through that quote with a fine tooth comb looking for any reason to bash him. The guy was supremely confident and fought like a guy who felt invincible at the time (Unlike Silva's other victims) and he won. Continue to place that down pillow on every chair you sit on.

7/10/13 4:46 PM
SiriusXM Fight Club

MMA Lives Here - 
Kinkle -

"At no point did Anderson throw punches or kicks that looked dangerous."

I am not sure if you are trolling, or just a retard. 

That kick was thrown with BAD INTENTIONS, if it landed, it would've been as spectacular as the VITOR KO.

I am leaning toward RETARD, anybody else agree???..........

Bwaaahahaha

That was a half-ass crescent kick. That's just playing !! Phone Post 3.0

I see what you are saying but there's a lot of people who would say a front kick was "Just Playing" and we all know what Anderson was able to do with that.

7/10/13 5:02 PM
The Last Emperor

PatrickVilone -  Lul. Anderson Silva CAN hurt any man on this planet. He DIDNT hurt him on Saturday. Huge difference.

Put any man with a granite chin in front of Andy. Let him land a few good head kicks/knees and punchs. No man can't be hurt. We saw that Saturday.

Andy kills him in the rematch IMO

If he wasn't acting a fool on Saturday I think he'd still be champ anyways Phone Post

I'm sure you said he would kill him in the first fight too right?

When Anderson loses the rematch emphatically again, will you stop being delusional?
7/10/13 5:33 PM
Eatin Applesauce

wow great laugh hosspearson voted up
7/10/13 7:25 PM
tenchu

Kinkle - Most idiots will say he is simply talking shit, but from watching the fight closely it makes perfect sense. Silva seemed rattled, and desperate, It could've definitely been from how confident Weidman was.

7/10/13 7:36 PM
REDRUM_NYC

if u actually look at Weidman when Silva tries that cresent kick ^^^^ above he swats it easy....

Weidman sees through the Matrix....

The rematch is gonna go really really bad for Silva again

7/10/13 7:52 PM
Nonlinear

lol @ comparing Leben to Weidman to Leben and saying "if only Anderson did X"... like, if only he actually tried?  You mean like this?

Looks like he was trying to me... and failing..  Or was his inability to land just another instance of "clowning around"?

7/10/13 7:54 PM
clown makeup

Edited: 07/10/13 8:04 PM

Chris is correct, he beat and man-handled Anderson "Spider" Silva on the ground at whim. The reality is Anderson is a weakling, skinny arms, zero muscles. His competition up to date has been garbage. Here you have a strong guy same size with strenght who if he so chose would snap Anderson "Spider" Silva's wrists or ankles.  The carefully crafted oppostion from the UFC to keep him to be the best has always been patently obvious.

7/10/13 8:03 PM
ViciousCesar
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

moon face said what?
7/10/13 8:08 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Nonlinear - 

lol @ comparing Leben to Weidman to Leben and saying "if only Anderson did X"... like, if only he actually tried?  You mean like this?

Looks like he was trying to me... and failing..  Or was his inability to land just another instance of "clowning around"?

You think sloppy arm punches from the waist is seriously Anderson trying his best?

7/10/13 8:13 PM
clown makeup

Fighting on TRT or fighting under your natural weight class is cheating. You may hocus pocus and magic wand that anyway you wish.

7/10/13 8:23 PM
MRG1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid_dynamite319 - Sigh I think Weidman is giving himself too much credit, If Anderson feared his power he wouldn't have been able to laugh at one of his strikes.

he "laughed" because he got clipped hard, and it hurt. Another try on his mind games, guarantee that right hand he laughed at hurt like a m'fer.

7/10/13 8:29 PM
MRG1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 
Willin - Weidman's analysis of the fight is spot on! People criticize his one failed shot but don't acknowledge that Anderson did nothing. Phone Post
Weidman was winning the fight, clearly. He was dangerous on the ground, Anderson spent the next round and a half clowning and taunting, then Weidman KO'd him.

But "he knew he couldn't hurt me" seems odd because he was clowning the whole time. What did he throw? Two nothing jabs, a half ass crescent kick and some leg kicks. He did nothing but taunt, remember?

Anderson barely threw a strike and of course he could hurt him. Unless Weidman's baiting a rematch, that's either a bit cocky or a bit silly. Phone Post 3.0

he threw a couple head kicks, that were blocked or missed. He threw a flying knee that Chris avoided. MULTIPLE punches to no avail, or that were head butted by Chris, that front kick that was avoided, solid leg kicks,the list goes on...Barely threw A strike??? What fucking fight were you watching?!

7/10/13 8:30 PM
MRG1

Jack Carter - 
Willin - Weidman's analysis of the fight is spot on! People criticize his one failed shot but don't acknowledge that Anderson did nothing. Phone Post
This. Silva did nothing because Weidman was simply too good for Silva.

Silva tried to fight a good fight but Weidman dominated. He then knew he might lose, so he resorted to his Hail Mary clown moves and this time it didn't work because Weidman was too good to fall for that crap.

Silva had nothing for Weidman besides a few leg kicks.

What fight were people watching Phone Post 3.0

voted up Mr Carter.

7/10/13 8:54 PM
MRG1

Poop Doodle - Are there any 'God is the unbeatable Bruce Lee of MMA' gifs/memes yet?

He thanked god, then was referring to Silva as the unbeatable Bruce Lee of mma....derp.

he was just excited and didnt pause between sentences...lol

7/10/13 9:45 PM
Hollow Rain (FtheOG)
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for the rematch, will be interesting to hear from the Weidman huggers then Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 9:52 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

MRG1 - 
MMA Lives Here - 
Weidman was winning the fight, clearly. He was dangerous on the ground, Anderson spent the next round and a half clowning and taunting, then Weidman KO'd him.

But "he knew he couldn't hurt me" seems odd because he was clowning the whole time. What did he throw? Two nothing jabs, a half ass crescent kick and some leg kicks. He did nothing but taunt, remember?

Anderson barely threw a strike and of course he could hurt him. Unless Weidman's baiting a rematch, that's either a bit cocky or a bit silly. Phone Post 3.0

he threw a couple head kicks, that were blocked or missed. He threw a flying knee that Chris avoided. MULTIPLE punches to no avail, or that were head butted by Chris, that front kick that was avoided, solid leg kicks,the list goes on...Barely threw A strike??? What fucking fight were you watching?!

Fightmetric says he threw 18 in the first round and 6 in the second round. Connected with 9 and 5. That's not a lot of strikes and it's also a higher percentage landed than Weidman landed even though some of Weidman's were ground and pound strikes.

Someone could argue the accuracy of those numbers, but I don't sit there and count strikes and these guys are paid to do just that.

7/10/13 10:05 PM
sillypants

What a silly statement by a guy who clearly MUST know better.

Happy to give him some air on that BS claim, coming off the biggest win (of anyone's, let alone) his career, but....REALLY?

Cindy.
7/10/13 11:52 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinkle -

Between the arrogance and the God squaddery, Weidman is going to be shooting up the Official Ronda Rousey Annoyingness Ratings in no time.

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.
Boom. Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 11:59 PM
roperninja
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
Kinkle -

It is hilarious that people don't think Anderson was an arrogant asshole during that fight, and instead are calling Weidman arrogant for saying Anderson couldn't "hurt him" after he just knocked Anderson the FUCK OUT, and walked out of the cage UNHURT.
Boom. Phone Post 3.0
Kablamo! Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 12:35 AM
banging

Silva is done - he clowned because he got frustrated, knew he was going to lose. He knew Weidman was going to beat him months before the fight. Who kisses someone at the weigh-ins? except for a desparate douche.

Because Weidman is just younger, better BJJ, better wrestling, more well rounded, apparently more serious.. just..better.

Thanks for the fights Anderson - you sucked when you pulled that BS with Maia. Adios dick head and you'll get punished in the rematch and still get knocked out or submitted.

Team Weidman forever!
7/11/13 12:36 AM
Augustus Caesar
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/11/13 12:47 AM
Black Belt Wrestling

Weidman will absolutely ragdoll Silva if they rematch. Weidman KO'd Silva with the worst case of nerves that Weidman is likely to EVER have to deal with and did it without taking any damage. Silva is past his prime now and it would be an ugly beatdown. Get us something more entertaining please.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.