UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta 6 results and discusion (Sat. 9:00 ET)

7/10/13 12:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Main Card (Live on PPV, 9:00 PM)

-Marloes Coenen vs. Cris Cyborg 

-Claudia Gadelha vs. Ayaka Hamasaki 

-Lauren Taylor def. Sarah D'Alelio via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28x2)

-Leslie Smith def. Jennifer Maia via unanimous decision (30-27x2, 29-28)

-Jessica Penne def. Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:57 of round one

-Joanne Calderwood def. Norma Rueda Center via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28x2)

-Mizuki Inoue def. Bec Hyatt via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)

-Tecia Torres def. Rose Namajunas via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28)

Preliminary Card (Live on uStream, 7:00 PM)

-Emily Kagan def. Ashley Cummins via split decision (30-27x2, 29-28)

-Livia von Plettenberg def Kathina Catron via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28x2)

In the main event of the stacked 13-bout card that marks Invicta FC's live television debut, ferocious KO artist and pound-for-pound sensation Cris Cyborg (11-1, 1 NC) of Curitiba, Brazil will face off with fellow superstar and submission ace Marloes Coenen (21-5) of The Netherlands in the first-ever Invicta FC world featherweight (145 pounds) championship bout.

The showdown between rivals Cyborg and Coenen marks a highly-anticipated rematch to their explosive, barnburner first fight in Sunrise, Fla. on Jan 30, 2010 in which Cyborg emerged victorious by way of TKO (punches) in the third and final scheduled round (3:40) of action.

In the strawweight (115 pounds) co-main event, a pair of undefeated stars in JEWELS champion Ayaka Hamasaki (9-0) of Tokyo, Japan and Claudia Gadelha (9-0) of Mossoro, Rio Grande Do Norte Brazil will put their untarnished records on the line against each other.

In other action on the Invicta FC 6 main card, three-time Invicta FC fight winner Sarah D'Alelio (7-3) of San Jose, Calif. will take on undefeated upstart Lauren Taylor (6-0) of Anchorage, Alaska at bantamweight (135 pounds).

After her second Invicta FC "Fight of the Night" performance, prolific striker Leslie "The Peacemaker" Smith (5-3-1) of Pleasant Hill, Calif. will drop from bantamweight to flyweight and face off with Jennifer Maia (7-2) of Curitiba, Parana Brazil.  Maia is coming off her second consecutive win, a unanimous decision over superstar Zoila Frausto Gurgel, at Invicta FC 5 on April 5.

Former Invicta FC world atomweight (105 pounds) champion Jessica Penne (10-2) of Huntington Beach, Calif. will square  off with battle-tested road warrior Nicdali "The Night Queen" Riveral-Calanoc (8-6) of Tulsa, Okla.

Crowd-pleasing finisher "Rowdy" Bec Hyatt (5-2) of Brisbane, Queensland Australia will look to notch her second straight victory under the Invicta FC banner in a strawweight showdown with JEWELS star Mizuki Inoue (5-1) of Nagoya, Aichi Japan.  Inoue has won all five her professional stars to date by way of submission inside of two rounds of action.

Hard-hitting Muay Thai stylist Miriam Nakamoto (1-0) of Dublin, Calif. will square off with Duda "Diamond" Yankovich (1-1) of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil in a bantamweight bout.

"Invicta FC 6," presented by Invicta Fighting Championships, is being distributed in North America by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing starting at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT on both cable and satellite pay-per-view via iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH, Avail-TVN in the United States, as well as Bell TV, Shaw PPV, SaskTel, TELUS, MTS and Viewer's Choice in Canada, for a suggested retail price of only $14.95. In addition, viewers worldwide may purchase the show at Ustream.TV.

A free two-hour live pre-show consisting of the four-bout preliminary card will be available for viewing in North America via DIRECTV, DISH and Fight Now TV in the United States, plus Bell TV, Viewer's Choice and The Fight Network in Canada, beginning at 7:00 p.m. ET/4:00 p.m. PT.

7/10/13 1:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustAnotherMMAFan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/ireAEiM1M_c
7/10/13 1:44 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After seeing how Cris Cyborg is seemingly destroying Erin Toughill in a boxing / sparring session, despite Erin's huge size advantage, I am starting to feel sorry for my beloved Marloes:

http://youtu.be/ireAEiM1M_c
7/10/13 2:04 PM
FOX Force Five
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Cyborg emerged victorious by way of TKO (punches) in the third and final scheduled round (3:40) of action."

That fight was scheduled for five rounds.
7/10/13 2:16 PM
DiscipleDojo
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know which three I'm pulling for!

7/10/13 2:22 PM
Polar_beatdown
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought the PPV and cant wait for this event. :-) \o/ Phone Post
7/10/13 2:30 PM
Card
1915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for Saturday

7/10/13 4:32 PM
Diesel67
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After having her ass handed to her before, Coenen still thinks she can stand up to Cyborg's man strength. Shows how dumb chicks can be. Crush her fricking throat, Cyborg.
7/11/13 6:44 AM
Nexuscrawlers
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant wait!

WAR INVICTA!!!

7/11/13 4:25 PM
MCchoke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is hands down the best invicta card yet....at least it is on paper,i cant wait for this
7/11/13 4:32 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg looks way different Phone Post
7/12/13 6:27 PM
Nexuscrawlers
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MCchoke - this is hands down the best invicta card yet....at least it is on paper,i cant wait for this
So far, all of the cards have been fireworks. Some of the best whole events of the year. Great wars and crazy finishes from top to bottom.

If you aren't watching Invicta you are missing out. Superbowl of WMMA Phone Post
7/12/13 6:29 PM
Nexuscrawlers

Diesel67 - After having her ass handed to her before, Coenen still thinks she can stand up to Cyborg's man strength. Shows how dumb chicks can be. Crush her fricking throat, Cyborg.
Because rematches always go the same way twice. I think cyborg will prob win, but I'm rooting for coenen, and she is a smart fighter. She probably learned a lot from the loss. Phone Post
7/13/13 11:15 AM
Rob San Soo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very excited for this card just got PPV Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 12:00 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait! Looks like the makings of another great Invicta FC
card, as all ways.
7/13/13 12:18 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diesel67 - After having her ass handed to her before, Coenen still thinks she can stand up to Cyborg's man strength. Shows how dumb chicks can be. Crush her fricking throat, Cyborg.

It's hilarious that you just showed how dumb men can be.
7/13/13 12:19 PM
UGCTT_Bromovich
476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My body is ready...

7/13/13 12:50 PM
Obie1FaShobie
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so cool that it's on directv. i never trust my computer. Phone Post
7/13/13 12:54 PM
yunshan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ordered on upstream. Hopefully the lag issues have resolved.

I have been looking forward to this event for months. Marloes seems to have prepared well, and for whatever reason, Justino looks less muscular than before. It may well be a fair fight which Marloes cleans up. I hope so.

Calderwood is my favorite fighter, but wish she would get some stiffer competition.. it must be coming.

Gomes is a beast. How many women could genuinely fight at lightweight? I am afraid for her opponent tonight. Phone Post
7/13/13 1:13 PM
gabemadrid
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found it on Time Warner! Ordering it for sure! Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 1:49 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im having problems ordering thru my TV. Anyone else?? Phone Post
7/13/13 2:21 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never bought invicta. How are they? Does the PPV start at 9 est? How talented are these woman? UFC level? Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 2:27 PM
Nexuscrawlers

WAR INVICTA!!! Phone Post
7/13/13 2:30 PM
Nexuscrawlers

Stigga - Never bought invicta. How are they? Does the PPV start at 9 est? How talented are these woman? UFC level? Phone Post 3.0
Consistently exciting events. Top women in the sport. Phone Post
7/13/13 2:34 PM
DiscipleDojo
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - 
Stigga - Never bought invicta. How are they? Does the PPV start at 9 est? How talented are these woman? UFC level? Phone Post 3.0
Consistently exciting events. Top women in the sport. Phone Post

Of the last 3 Invicta shows I've watched, I think I've seen a total of 3 or 4 fights that have been lackluster. Order this one and see for yourself. These women bring it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.