UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: GSP's just holding onto my belt

7/10/13 11:23 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the UFC 162 post-fight press conferece UFC President Dana White made official that Georges St-Pierre will defend his title next against Johnny Hendricks. Hendricks has been vocal in the media promoting the fight already and is as confident as ever going into the bout:

“You train, you do everything, you’ve done everything that you could and to know that your boss believes in you that you can beat Georges St-Pierre means everything. That’s just confidence that you can shock the world,” Hendricks said. “The only difference is Georges won’t have his hands down. I want to knock him out, but I want his hands to be up. I want to punch people’s hands and I wanna lay him out the right way.”

From the tale of the tape Hendricks and his training staff have analyzed in advance of fighting GSP, he’s prepared for the wrestling and jabs he knows are coming. But the hardest part for Hendricks, in his own words, is being able to stop it.

On the flipside, “Bigg Rigg” claims to have more power than he’s ever revealed inside the Octagon which he plans to unleash against the champ.

“The only people who know my true power are people that I’ve wrestled and that’s about it. That’s what I’m excited to bring out is that kind of intensity, that kind of power that I haven’t shown the world yet, and I plan to do that in November.”

“That’s the hardest part is stepping in against a guy who’s had the belt since forever ago. The most important thing is that I believe that’s my belt. He’s just holding onto it for me.”

read entire article... 

7/10/13 11:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
discodrew
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman ko'd Silva
So I'll say Hendricks submits GSP! Phone Post
7/10/13 11:33 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Hendricks connects does GSP withstand it like Condit or cripple like Fitch and the hit man? Phone Post 3.0
7/10/13 11:45 PM
Mushroom Slap
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blah blah blah
7/10/13 11:48 PM
Mexican Janitor
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't mind him thinking he could knock out GSP to the 5th row, but GSP has the record for the most WW title defenses...holding onto your belt my ass Phone Post
7/10/13 11:49 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every one of GSP's contemporaries have become obsolete:

Fitch

Alves

Koscheck

Penn

etc...

The question is when will GSP fade... I believe he has already begun to fade.  GSP has never ducked nor picked an opponent until recently when he chose to fight a guy coming off a loss instead of Hendricks.

You dont do that unless you dont feel the same.

I dont think Hendricks can beat the best GSP... but I do think he can beat a GSP who has lost a step.  Ever since the jake shields fight GSP has looked like he's at the tail end of his peak.

7/10/13 11:58 PM
Richard Tuck
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"just holding onto my belt"

Don't you have to win it at least once to claim "my belt"?
7/11/13 12:00 AM
jcblass
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This line is so over used and in this case disrespectful. Hendricks has no place telling a guy like GSP he is a mere place holder.

scrub.
7/11/13 12:35 AM
creepymcfinger

MMALOGIC -

Fitch

Alves

Koscheck

Penn

etc...

The question is when will GSP fade... I believe he has already begun to fade.  GSP has never ducked nor picked an opponent until recently when he chose to fight a guy coming off a loss instead of Hendricks.

I dont think Hendricks can beat the best GSP... but I do think he can beat a GSP who has lost a step.  Ever since the jake shields fight GSP has looked like he's at the tail end of his peak.

Not sure why you have logic in your screen name, the fight he took with Diaz was clearly about money Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 12:37 AM
banging

I have Hendricks in this - lately I think it's about being hungry at his level and Hendricks is hungrier. Which makes what Floyd Mayweather has done even more amazing.
7/11/13 12:39 AM
TuLegit

I think gsp is probably the safest bet in mma. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 1:07 AM
dirtymonkey22

I like hendrix but dude was fading buy the end of the Condit fight and started to wrestle more if gsp can out wrestle him like so many others Hendrix is fucked Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 1:25 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a huge GSP fan, the Anderson KO has shaken me. I went from being 100% confident that Hendricks has nothing for Georges to thinking that Johnny might actually bring something GSP isn't prepared for. I still have Georges in this fight, but I suppose Weidman made this fight a lot more interesting for me.
7/11/13 1:39 AM
MMALOGIC

creepymcfinger - 
MMALOGIC -

Fitch

Alves

Koscheck

Penn

etc...

Not sure why you have logic in your screen name, the fight he took with Diaz was clearly about money Phone Post 3.0

if it's about money why didnt he fight Anderson? 

7/11/13 1:48 AM
HossPearson
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oplix - hendricks power level over 9000
Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:21 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

GSP has faced heavy handed wrestlers before. What does Hendricks do differently? He lost to koscheck imo too. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:23 AM
MMALOGIC

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - GSP has faced heavy handed wrestlers before. What does Hendricks do differently? He lost to koscheck imo too. Phone Post 3.0

hendricks is a southpaw.

7/11/13 2:23 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
creepymcfinger - 
MMALOGIC -

Fitch

Alves

Koscheck

Penn

etc...

Dumbest argument ever. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 2:30 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -
creepymcfinger - 
MMALOGIC -

Fitch

Alves

Koscheck

Penn

etc...

Diaz was low risk, high money. Phone Post
7/11/13 3:33 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

MMALOGIC -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - GSP has faced heavy handed wrestlers before. What does Hendricks do differently? He lost to koscheck imo too. Phone Post 3.0

hendricks is a southpaw.

Oh ok. Insta win for Hendricks. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 4:30 AM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

taking GSP lightly I see.

7/11/13 4:36 AM
Gilbosh
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A wrestler with heavy hands is gonna try take the belt from the most well rounded, professional athlete in all of MMA.

GSP takes this by Hendricks Orbital fracture.
7/11/13 5:58 AM
Dead President
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please, SHUT...THE...FUCK...UP... Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 6:07 AM
The Pendulum

So Hendricks is gonna go all Vegeta and shit, unleashing his ultimate power form against the might of GSP?

GSP by sub, round 2. Phone Post
7/11/13 6:30 AM
Rhys91
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope GSP smashes him. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.