UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman: Rematch will erase any doubts

7/11/13 3:27 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

A rematch between Chris Weidman and Anderson could possibly be the biggest fight in the history of the UFC. So much so that a rumor is floating that Dana White is considering Cowboys Stadium for the fight. And a rematch is something that Weidman welcomes, as it's the opportunity to prove the first fight was no fluke:

"No matter what I did, even if I submitted him the first round or knocked him out in the first round, there were going to be people who doubted me," Weidman said. "I can't worry about that. I just have to go out and fight him again and try to win."

Weidman said he was fine with either date and looked forward to the opportunity to hand a legend a second unexpected defeat. And he promised it would be more spectacular than the first.

"I want to be known as one of the greatest of all time," Weidman said. "You get there one fight at a time. First up is Anderson Silva again. We'll go from there. I want to dominate my next fight really bad. Like, completely dominate."

read entire article... 

7/11/13 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he defeats Anderson again there will be no doubt. Phone Post
7/11/13 3:36 PM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure, but is this going to be UFC MO now for everyone that gets a belt?

Everythng's a sequel these days.  Let's see some fresh stuff too.

7/11/13 3:38 PM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First up is Anderson Silva again.

first up, let's do this again

7/11/13 3:39 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for Weidman to dominate Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 3:44 PM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/11/13 3:52 PM
Nah. I think Silva is done. I'm ready to see Weidman defend against some top guys.

Edit: don't get me wrong. I'm a Silva fan. But the guy was saying before the fight that the best outcome of the fight was for Chris to win, and after the fight, he was begging, begging not to have a rematch. I don't know why people are ignoring this.
7/11/13 3:45 PM
6ULDV8

So Weidman has to win 5 straight to keep the belt?

7/11/13 3:47 PM
6ULDV8

Second up,, let's do that first thing again a couple few times.

Spaghetti and meatballs!

7/11/13 3:52 PM
KenBania
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should hold out for the biggest prize in mma history. It would bring the pay scale up for all big fights. Ali-Frazier changed the pay scale for boxing and look at it now.
7/11/13 4:02 PM
Kerouac

In before Weidman is scared of JBJ. :D
7/11/13 4:07 PM
Entreri

The way Weidman dominated essentially the entire fight...this was no fluke.

I think Weidman can win again.
7/11/13 4:20 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman confirmed my doubts about his gas tank in the first fight. If Andy can survive the first round and tone down the antics, he should be able to walk away with the W. 

7/11/13 4:20 PM
Ip Man 81

6ULDV8 -

Where you born an idiot or was it something you just adopted? Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 4:26 PM
8flat
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -  If he defeats Anderson again there will be no doubt. Phone Post

That SN, hahahaha....you poor bastard, did Willin do that to you?
7/11/13 4:28 PM
MMALOGIC

if weidman beats Anderson again that's one scary dude and an epic run just started.  If Anderson wins his legend grows even more.

7/11/13 4:30 PM
8flat
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Weidman confirmed my doubts about his gas tank in the first fight. If Andy can survive the first round and tone down the antics, he should be able to walk away with the W. 

Agreed on the gas tank but Weidman may address that, he said he wasn't happy with how he performed and wanted to work on some things, hopefully that is one of them.

But yeah, if Silva fights smart it's going to be a long night for Chris unless all 5 rounds are mostly on the ground, then it's Weidman by UD or possible sub.
7/11/13 4:53 PM
FullyLoadedFists

Honestly Chris Weidman beats Anderson Silva even more convincingly if they fight again. Chris is in his prime, hungry, and on fire. While Anderson seems to have mentally checked out of the game, and at 38 he's not going to get any faster and his chin is not going to get any better. Another 6 months to a year from now, whenever the fight takes place, this will be very evident. Weidman is only going to be much better while Silva is only going to have declined much more. FYI I think Chris Weidman beats any version of Anderson Silva. So not taking anything away from Chris. Phone Post
7/11/13 5:26 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My impression from the match they just had was that Andy could beat him at will in a rematch. That said, history has shown that dominant fighters don't just have a hiccup late in their career (e.g. Fedor, Chuck, BJ Penn). I guess we'll see what happens.
7/11/13 5:41 PM
6ULDV8

Ip Man 81 - 
6ULDV8 -

Where you born an idiot or was it something you just adopted? Phone Post 3.0

What exactly do you mean my friend?

Challenger wins belt = Challenger defends belt, because everyone just wants a repeat and it's a big payday.

Sequels are guaranteed money!  No one invests in new ideas anymore! -Hollywood

How about seeing more fights and not the same fights again every time a belt gets won lately?

You know, spruce it up a bit instead of the exact same two people fighting again, because sequels are big money?

That fucking sucks, is happening more and more, and lets us see less fights with different people.

I will reiterate, America's hunger for 'Hey That Was Great Let's Do It Again!'

Fucking sucks.

I'd rather see more fights than more insta-sequels thanks.

7/11/13 6:51 PM
Ocean6
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

So Weidman has to win 5 straight to keep the belt?

Yes.

As a matter of fact, he has to win every fight to win the belt.

Surprised that you didn't know this based on your join date.
7/11/13 7:04 PM
NAAFS
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lite - Nah. I think Silva is done. I'm ready to see Weidman defend against some top guys.

Edit: don't get me wrong. I'm a Silva fan. But the guy was saying before the fight that the best outcome of the fight was for Chris to win, and after the fight, he was begging, begging not to have a rematch. I don't know why people are ignoring this.
Good post. I'm surprised that isn't talked about more but then again there's much to discuss after that fight. Im happy for Chris and am ready to see what he can do as champion. Andy had a great run and nobody can deny him his legacy. Don't get me wrong, I think a rematch is needed to put the debate to bed but what surprises me most is how so many people saw the first fight so differently. I guess that's one of the things that makes this sport and forum so great. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 7:26 PM
Stephen Holder

As much as I want to see this fight it will be hard to watch cuz we are either going to see Anderson lose and I think his spirit will be truly crushed or we will witness the first mma fatality as they carry Weidman out in a bodybag.
7/11/13 7:30 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

Another Foob - My impression from the match they just had was that Andy could beat him at will in a rematch. That said, history has shown that dominant fighters don't just have a hiccup late in their career (e.g. Fedor, Chuck, BJ Penn). I guess we'll see what happens.

Im not trying to be a jerk, but how did you get that impression?
Silva lost the 1st round,and was knocked out in the 2nd round.
How does that leave the impression of Silva being able to beat Weidman at will?

7/11/13 7:45 PM
REDRUM_NYC

I can only pray Weidman gets made the 2-1 underdog  again #Easy$$$

7/11/13 7:55 PM
js138
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeaceThroughStrength -
Another Foob - My impression from the match they just had was that Andy could beat him at will in a rematch. That said, history has shown that dominant fighters don't just have a hiccup late in their career (e.g. Fedor, Chuck, BJ Penn). I guess we'll see what happens.

Im not trying to be a jerk, but how did you get that impression?
Silva lost the 1st round,and was knocked out in the 2nd round.
How does that leave the impression of Silva being able to beat Weidman at will?

Because Silva is Silva. How one of the GOAT is so vastly written off after one KO while acting like a dummy is beyond me.

He still has the best striking and timing at MW. Not to mention his TD defense improvements. Other than glorious KO, I didn't see anything Anderson can't beat or that Chael didn't do better. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.