UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Penn still up in the air on return to Octagon

7/11/13 10:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At 34 years old, BJ Penn may still have some good fighting years left despite retiring after his recent fight. Penn hasn't made a confirm committment either way, and spoke to Fuel TV about a potential return:

"I'm still just hanging out, honestly. At this moment, my guess is probably a little better than yours, but I don't know. I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I am training. I'm starting to train a bit more, for my health a lot. I'm a fighter, I'm a fighter deep inside. If I felt it, if it ever comes back -- not saying that it's gone -- I don't know.

You know how being a fighter is, your mind changes from time-to-time. Of course I'm looking, Anderson (Silva) he's 39 and he's in there fighting, I'm like 'I'm 34, why can't I fight again?' It's gotta be right. There's no sense in me going back into the Octagon and getting beat up in front of everybody, that just doesn't make any sense."

7/11/13 10:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite fighter of all time, I hope he stays retired but I will always root for BJ

7/11/13 10:27 PM
pheonix5
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see it. At 34, time is closing in, so I hope he deides soon.

7/11/13 10:33 PM
cfv
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would like to see him come back and get some wins, maybe not against top 5 guys, just want to see him win!
7/11/13 10:36 PM
ShanTheMan
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just want to see a hard, solid BJ with all the effort a professional can be expected to give.
7/11/13 10:49 PM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see him back at 55 with a tune up fight to get his confidence back. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 10:53 PM
NugInPuss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's such a lil pit bull. I Root for him every-time. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 10:54 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to see a motivated BJ back at 155. IF, and it is a big IF, BJ were to get serious about his body, cardio, and training again I think he has a good shot at beating Benson. A motivated, in shape BJ Penn is still one of the best P4P on the planet.
7/11/13 10:57 PM
Just_Scrap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303 - I would love to see a motivated BJ back at 155. IF, and it is a big IF, BJ were to get serious about his body, cardio, and training again I think he has a good shot at beating Benson. A motivated, in shape BJ Penn is still one of the best P4P on the planet.
Agreed... You sir just got voted up Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 10:59 PM
Mexican Janitor
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NugInPuss - He's such a lil pit bull. I Root for him every-time. Phone Post 3.0
ANYBODY. ANYWHERE. ANYTIME.

THE PRODIGY! B! J! PENNNNNNN!!!

I get goosebumps every time I hear it Phone Post
7/11/13 11:07 PM
Johnny D
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground Blog -

Penn still up in the air on return to Octagon

At 34 years old, BJ Penn may still have some good fighting years left despite retiring after his recent fight. Penn hasn't made a confirm committment either way, and spoke to Fuel TV about a potential return:

"I'm still just hanging out, honestly. At this moment, my guess is probably a little better than yours, but I don't know. I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I am training. I'm starting to train a bit more, for my health a lot. I'm a fighter, I'm a fighter deep inside. If I felt it, if it ever comes back -- not saying that it's gone -- I don't know.

You know how being a fighter is, your mind changes from time-to-time. Of course I'm looking, Anderson (Silva) he's 39 and he's in there fighting, I'm like 'I'm 34, why can't I fight again?' It's gotta be right. There's no sense in me going back into the Octagon and getting beat up in front of everybody, that just doesn't make any sense."

How can you not love this guy ?? Regardless of what he did in the past, regardless of what he does in the future, A true fighter at heart, always will be one of the greats. I would love to sit down and have drink with him, I'm sure the talk of all the things fighting would be epic. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 1:46 AM
RJJH
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

My favorite fighter of all time, I hope he stays retired but I will always root for BJ

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/12/13 3:14 AM
Gorilla_keylock

Bj is the true champ of lw and ww. Phone Post
7/12/13 3:17 AM
Thuglife13
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B.J. "THE MOTHER FUCKING PRODIGY" PENN!

Hana Hou (One More Time) @155lbs FTW!!

B.J. Gang or don't bang bitches!!!
7/12/13 4:22 AM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's still flip flopping on it, then he just doesn't have the fire any more. Shame always fun to watch.

7/12/13 5:27 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he doesnt know if.he wants it.i'd suggest he probably doesnt. Guys a legend but he's hardly the most self motivated fighter of all time. Phone Post
7/12/13 5:31 AM
Malvert the Janitor
804 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican Janitor -
NugInPuss - He's such a lil pit bull. I Root for him every-time. Phone Post 3.0
ANYBODY. ANYWHERE. ANYTIME.

THE PRODIGY! B! J! PENNNNNNN!!!

I get goosebumps every time I hear it Phone Post
Great custodians think alike.. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 8:54 AM
rjhartman

Please don't. I cant handle seeing one of my favorites getting pounded again. That last fight ripped my heart out.
7/12/13 9:46 AM
BLACK ROOSTER
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/12/13 9:51 AM
Pankhero
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's do this BJ, one more round! But as a 155er. MMA today is a bit different and competing against fighters Rory and others is just not "fair" competition.
7/12/13 9:57 AM
Pankhero
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*What I mean "fair" is size.
7/12/13 10:25 AM
buckshot44
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BABY JAY!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.