UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Bigger boobs an issue in WMMA

7/11/13 10:27 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

An interesting story is featured in the most recent ESPN The Magazine's 'The Body Issue' that talks about women athletes and how they deal with having breasts in competition. The article talks with athletes from many different sports, including comments from UFC's Women champion Ronda Rousey, who sees them more as a hinderance than anything else:

"When someone's on your back trying to rip your head off, things tend to slip around a bit," Rousey says. After one failed attempt at a wardrobe adjustment, she switched her focus to freeing herself from the choke hold "so she wouldn't snap my neck in half." As soon as she flipped Carmouche to the floor, Rousey went straight for her own neckline. Bad move: "I got kicked straight in the chest right as I was trying to adjust my bra."

"Gina Carano was an amazing fighter, and she had a fantastic rack," Rousey says of the MMA fighter-turned-actor. But then again: "You don't see big titties in the Olympics, and I think that's for a reason."

And inside the Octagon, Rousey's boob issues go deeper than the cotton-Lycra blend. "The bigger my chest is, the more it gets in the way," says Rousey. When she's fighting at her most curvaceous weight, "it just creates space. It makes me much more efficient if I don't have so much in the way between me and my opponent."

And in the rare case that a breast is on full display, all hell can break loose. Even as Carmouche was threatening to break her neck, Rousey felt as if her falling bra was a life-or-death situation too. If she failed to get a grip, "I'd be morbidly embarrassed," she says.

read entire article...

7/11/13 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FanToFighter
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pics or gtfo Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 10:33 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it makes it all the more entertaining 

7/11/13 10:33 PM
ChaosOverkill
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember back when "Woman can't pitch a baseball properly, cause the arm hits the boobies" was the argument lol.

7/11/13 10:34 PM
ShanTheMan
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BEEP

(wishful thinking)
7/11/13 10:38 PM
Von Brawn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet she makes more money wearing a halter top to fight than a compression shirt.
7/11/13 10:44 PM
MickColins
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yet another reason Gina was the GOAT. Two reasons, actually.

7/11/13 10:45 PM
DoomFarmer
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A thinking mans topic. Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 10:46 PM
MMAtador

Unless more boobs pop up on this thread this is a non issue. Anyone? Phone Post
7/11/13 10:47 PM
I LOVE GSP

"Gina Carano was an amazing fighter, and she had a fantastic rack,"
lol, great quote.
7/11/13 10:48 PM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

titties never stopped fedor

7/11/13 10:48 PM
D v
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No issues here Phone Post
7/11/13 10:50 PM
Shogun of Harlem
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for more WMMA boobs!
7/11/13 10:52 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only thing I could see is it being added weight without any kind of physical advantage.
7/11/13 10:54 PM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FanToFighter - Pics or gtfo Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post
7/11/13 10:55 PM
Just_Scrap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So far this thread is failing!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/11/13 10:59 PM
topney68
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the late nineties some bad ass fighter gave a seminar at Amherst Athletic Club. I was one of two women who attended, and when I asked how I could possibly execute the tucked-in defense being taught-- due to my actual breasts- I was told that "everyone has to adjust to their deficiencies."

First, and last, time my breasts were called "deficiencies."

Ronda went on record two years ago about the need for better bras in MMA.

Maybe fashion tape?
7/11/13 11:00 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

I remember back when "Woman can't pitch a baseball properly, cause the arm hits the boobies" was the argument lol.

It's true. Overhand, the boob is pushed down, which stretches it. Underhanded throwing motion, as in softball, pushes the boob up, which is OK.

Real talk.
7/11/13 11:04 PM
crowbar
751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Under the Unified rules,women are required to wear chest protectors.

7/11/13 11:04 PM
Sandy Pantz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does Rousey wear such a skimpy top if this is a concern for her?
7/11/13 11:09 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/11/13 11:10 PM
Mayhem13
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sandy Pantz - Why does Rousey wear such a skimpy top if this is a concern for her?
Pretty sure she said it was the top she was given by the UFC who sponsored her.

Could be wrong, but I thought she said that before Phone Post
7/11/13 11:14 PM
Sandy Pantz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayhem13 - 
Sandy Pantz - Why does Rousey wear such a skimpy top if this is a concern for her?
Pretty sure she said it was the top she was given by the UFC who sponsored her.

Could be wrong, but I thought she said that before Phone Post

Interesting if true. Guess UFC was hoping for a nip slip
7/11/13 11:47 PM
BRZ

Does that mean Ronda will wear a rash guard in her next fight? Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 12:02 AM
FFTF_stuffadamdoes
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember watching Invicta 3 or 4 and when one fighter walked out with a really small top, I told my wife "Her boobs are going to fall out. No way can she grapple I the clinch and not have her top ride up." I was still shocked when they did pop out... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.