UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Rankings Update 7.12: Jones now #1 p4p

7/12/13 11:30 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After each live event, the UFC polls various members of the media to update its rankings in each weight division as well as the pound for pound rankings. With only a couple meaningful bouts at this past weekend's UFC 161, the biggest shake up was in the pound for pound rankings where Anderson Silva had been at the top since the introduction of the UFC's official rankings system.

1 Jon Jones +1

2 Georges St-Pierre +1 

3 Anderson Silva -2

4 Jose Aldo 

5 Benson Henderson 

6 Cain Velasquez 

7 Demetrious Johnson

8 Renan Barao 

9 Dominick Cruz 

10 Chris Weidman *NR

view entire rankings...

With his loss to Chris Weidman at UFC 162, Anderson Silva moved down two spots to third on the list. Jon Jones moved up one spot to claim the top pound for pound ranking and Georges St-Pierre moved up one spot to second place. Although only 9-0 and 5-0 in the UFC, Chris Weidman has entered the pound for pound rankings, debuting at number ten for his effort.

7/12/13 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
7/12/13 11:45 AM
phillymmafan
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 11:46 AM
Gilbosh
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP should be No.1

7/12/13 11:48 AM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 11:56 AM
rebel927

Anderson is still the #1 MW in the world (being champ and being #1 don't have to be the same thing, I don't have the champ currently in the top 5). I'm not sure if he was the #1 pfp fighter before, but whatever he was before, he still is.

Everyone gets caught from time to time. Guys who put their hands on their hips, plant their feet, and stick their chins up, while fighting the best the world has to offer in every fight they're ever in - will sometimes get caught. Big deal, it happened and now someone else is holding his belt for him until he decides to go pick it up.
7/12/13 11:58 AM
buckanater

Lmao!!! So silva is still P4P higher than weidman? That would have to mean silva is still the #1 middleweight by default, right? Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 11:59 AM
buckanater

rebel927 - Anderson is still the #1 MW in the world (being champ and being #1 don't have to be the same thing, I don't have the champ currently in the top 5). I'm not sure if he was the #1 pfp fighter before, but whatever he was before, he still is.

Everyone gets caught from time to time. Guys who put their hands on their hips, plant their feet, and stick their chins up, while fighting the best the world has to offer in every fight they're ever in - will sometimes get caught. Big deal, it happened and now someone else is holding his belt for him until he decides to go pick it up.
So if Gus ko's bones then bones is still number 1? Because bones just got caught? Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 12:01 PM
John Nic

Rankings should have sit as they were before ando vs weidman until the Anderson rematch Phone Post
7/12/13 12:03 PM
dogfb
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is number 1. 

7/12/13 12:07 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This doesn't really make sense. How can Anderson still be above Aldo? And 7 spots ahead of the guy that just knocked him out?

Come on. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 12:10 PM
tenchu

dogfb - 

GSP is number 1. 

7/12/13 12:15 PM
tenchu

rebel927 - Anderson is still the #1 MW in the world (being champ and being #1 don't have to be the same thing, I don't have the champ currently in the top 5). I'm not sure if he was the #1 pfp fighter before, but whatever he was before, he still is.

So a loss, being defeated, has no effect on rankings?
LOL
My god the denial.
7/12/13 12:17 PM
UK Asylum

Pound for pound also goes on who youve beat, thats why silva is high still.

If Weidman had beat more people he would be higher.
7/12/13 12:27 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Gilbosh -

GSP should be No.1

Do you have brain damage? Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 12:39 PM
shootfightermike
957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wanna see a top 20

7/12/13 1:58 PM
Shepherd Wong
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo is #1 p4p.

Has been for a while. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 4:49 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Geez, what does Aldo have to do?
7/12/13 4:57 PM
4thHorsemen
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These are quite possibly the worst rankings ever as they make absolutely no sense.

ALdo has been on a tear for so long and he's still number 4 behind a guy that just lost his last fight?

1) Aldo
2) GSP
3) Cain

Silva shouldn't be top 10 unless he comes back and beats Weidman and proves that he'd just got caught. As far as I see it, Weidman was beating Silva even before the KO.
7/12/13 5:05 PM
4thHorsemen
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - 
4thHorsemen - These are quite possibly the worst rankings ever as they make absolutely no sense.

ALdo has been on a tear for so long and he's still number 4 behind a guy that just lost his last fight?

1) Aldo
2) GSP
3) Cain

Silva shouldn't be top 10 unless he comes back and beats Weidman and proves that he'd just got caught. As far as I see it, Weidman was beating Silva even before the KO.

While I agree that these rankings suck, you saying that is really the pot calling the kettle black.

Why do you say that? You disagree with my top 3?

That's fine if you disagree because it is subjective but at least my rankings seem to follow a logical pattern.

I'd admit that out of my Top 3, Cain seems a little out of place and possibly shouldn't be placed that high. If that's your problem, then fair enough.

But other than that, I don't know how you can say what I suggested "sucks". I'm sure anyone can see an argument being made in favour of these three being top 3. I really don't see Jones being top 3 P4P due to him being significantly larger than the guys he fights against.
7/12/13 5:05 PM
joe canada
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones as #1 PxP???

Take a good look at his record and where those fighters he beat were in their careers as well as his number of fights, then come back to talk about Jones as PxP

Silva's ahead of him (still) as is GSP. Haven't followed Aldo's division closely enough to make an educated argument for or against Aldo.

Bones is talented and has been successful, but having him at PxP king is ridiculous
7/12/13 5:07 PM
Phisher

LOL @ you marks getting angry about this imaginary bullshit.

7/12/13 6:10 PM
Carl Sonnen

I will never understand why people have such a difficult time understanding what the term 'pound for pound' means. It sure as hell doesn't mean a guy who is bigger than the rest of his weight class. If Jones ever has the guts to fight people his own size, we will see what he is made of. As far as I am concerned, Gus will be his first real test. Jesus, people are fucking stupid.
7/12/13 8:01 PM
Entreri

Gilbosh - 

GSP should be No.1

7/12/13 11:34 PM
rebel927

buckanater - Lmao!!! So silva is still P4P higher than weidman? That would have to mean silva is still the #1 middleweight by default, right? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, that is exactly what it means. Being champ does not necessarily make you the #1 MW in the world. At best this fight moved Weidman up to #3 just below Silva and Belfort, and that's stretching it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.