7/12/13 11:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I LOVE GSP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rankings look good.
7/15/13 3:43 PM
joe canada
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that how much you cut, or how hard it is to cut should be irrelevant in PvP rankings. You made the weight, that's your weight.
7/15/13 4:01 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

I would move Henderson down the list, you can argue he lost his last few matches and don't like him being in the top 5.
7/15/13 4:09 PM
Chaelismyhero

Oh lord P4P rankings aren't even real. Cain beats up everybody on the planet.
7/15/13 4:52 PM
4thHorsemen
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - 
4thHorsemen - 
Doctor NPD - 
4thHorsemen - These are quite possibly the worst rankings ever as they make absolutely no sense.

ALdo has been on a tear for so long and he's still number 4 behind a guy that just lost his last fight?

1) Aldo
2) GSP
3) Cain

Silva shouldn't be top 10 unless he comes back and beats Weidman and proves that he'd just got caught. As far as I see it, Weidman was beating Silva even before the KO.

While I agree that these rankings suck, you saying that is really the pot calling the kettle black.

Why do you say that? You disagree with my top 3?

That's fine if you disagree because it is subjective but at least my rankings seem to follow a logical pattern.

I'd admit that out of my Top 3, Cain seems a little out of place and possibly shouldn't be placed that high. If that's your problem, then fair enough.

But other than that, I don't know how you can say what I suggested "sucks". I'm sure anyone can see an argument being made in favour of these three being top 3. I really don't see Jones being top 3 P4P due to him being significantly larger than the guys he fights against.

Jones should be in the top 3, in my opinion. By your argument there, Aldo shouldn't be P4P either because of how much he struggles to make 145lbs. I'd have Cain lower than most champions too. I'd have Silva higher than him still even.

At least you kept GSP in there - although I'd have him at #1 personally (and have for years now).

No. By my argument Aldo would either be 1 or 2.

I'm kind of sick of people quoting how much weight a certain fighter cuts before a fight. Who cares???

How much weight a fighter cuts is sort of pointless unless you can see a significant size difference between the two fighters on fight night. Some fighters have the tendency to put on more weight in between fights than others. That doesn't mean their frame is much larger than all the other fighters. It might mean they're lazy or pick up weight quicker.

Jones has a larger frame, longer reach and anyone that has a set of eyes can see that the size disparity between Aldo and his opponents is nowhere close to the size disparity between Jones and his opponents and I don't see how anyone can even argue that.

P4P is a hypothetical scenario where the two fighters are the exact same size, all apparent physical different seize to exist, ie size, weight, frame, reach, length etc... All things are equal and we base them based solely on skill.

Jones being P4P in this makes absolutely no sense because he has extraordinary and obvious size advantages over anyone at LHW along with skill. Aldo does not have these obvious advantages over his opponents and I'm sure you can see that as well... so to argue that he is just as much bigger than his opponents as Jones is, is just plain silly and defies what you see with your own eyes.
7/15/13 8:49 PM
joe canada
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4th: Disagree. Pounf for Pound is if weight were equal, not all things. Does a smaller version of Jones beat a larger versionof GSP. If you take away jones's (proportional) reach, he's not jones.
7/15/13 8:58 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - This doesn't really make sense. How can Anderson still be above Aldo? And 7 spots ahead of the guy that just knocked him out?

Come on. Phone Post 3.0
These are P4P rankings based on career accomplishments, not just divisional standings.

Chris Weidman is the #1 MW right now, but that doesn't mean he shoots above Anderson on the P4P scale. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 9:01 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

rebel927 - Anderson is still the #1 MW in the world (being champ and being #1 don't have to be the same thing, I don't have the champ currently in the top 5). I'm not sure if he was the #1 pfp fighter before, but whatever he was before, he still is.

Everyone gets caught from time to time. Guys who put their hands on their hips, plant their feet, and stick their chins up, while fighting the best the world has to offer in every fight they're ever in - will sometimes get caught. Big deal, it happened and now someone else is holding his belt for him until he decides to go pick it up.
No he's not.

Weidman beat him, therefore he is now the #1 MW in the world. Doesn't matter how long Anderson was champ. Just like every other division, if you lose, you go down the rankings.

Now, when it comes to the P4P rankings, I guess you could say your argument to the matter applies in some way. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 11:10 PM
Damaynevent

Aldo should be fighting at LW. He's one of the biggest FW in the division. He's had a size advantage over every last one of his opponents. LOL at calling JBJ out for the same shit. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 2:09 AM
4thHorsemen
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joe canada - 4th: Disagree. Pounf for Pound is if weight were equal, not all things. Does a smaller version of Jones beat a larger versionof GSP. If you take away jones's (proportional) reach, he's not jones.

Sure, if that's what P4P means to you, where it only means equal weight, which I don't agree with it at all because it's sort of pointless.

IMO the whole point of P4P is to compare skill and try to take away any obvious physical advantages.
7/16/13 2:11 AM
4thHorsemen

Damaynevent - Aldo should be fighting at LW. He's one of the biggest FW in the division. He's had a size advantage over every last one of his opponents. LOL at calling JBJ out for the same shit. Phone Post 3.0

Can you honestly watch an Aldo fight and say that Aldo's physical advantages over his opponents are equal to those of Jon Jones against his opponents?

If you don't see the size disparity between them and their respective opponents then I think you might have them confused for someone else.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.