UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Let's Admit It: He was Never Great

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
7/12/13 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wiggum
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva was finally exposed. We all wondered what would happen when he fought someone who wasn't afraid of him, who was a great wrestler with good striking. And he got KTFO. He was never great like we thought. I mean, he only has one 'great' win over Hendo on a bad night. Besides that, he resume is littered with solid wins (Vitor, Rich), fights that were too close considering the competition (Chael), and embarrassments (Maia). And he has losses to Takese and Chonan for God's sake. To be the GOAT, you have to always be great. It's a rule.

Fedor, too. I mean, yeah, the guy beat Mino and CroCop. But that's it!! He spent the rest of his time getting knocked silly by Fujita, slammed by Randleman, and fighting cans. When he finally left Japan, he lost twice and then got KOed by a middleweight. To be the GOAT, you can't get old and you can never fight sub par fighters. It's a rule.

GSP. George Stall Pierre. I mean, c'mon. The guy has lost to Matt Freaking Serra. And besides that, when was the last time he finished a fight? He couldn't finish Dan Freaking Hardy or Jake Shields. To be the GOAT, you have to finish every fight. It's a rule.

Jon Jones almost got submitted by Vitor Belfort. LMAO!!! Other than a win over Machida, his wins were over guys who were either washed up (Rampage, Shogun) or overrated (Rashad). You think beating Chael Sonnen makes you the GOAT? Think about how this board will act if he loses to Gus! Never was that good!! To be the GOAT, you have to beat people in their PRIMES. It's a rule.

BJ's record is 16-9. Randy's is 19-11. Chuck has a glass jaw. Royce almost lost to Kimo. Sak lost to Wand x 3. Hendo has never had a run of dominance. Hughes wasn't evolved.

Etc., etc., etc.

Needless to say, this sport has never had a good fighter. Everyone is overrated. And they all suck.
7/12/13 12:50 PM
CodeGeek
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Needless to say, this sport has never had a good fighter."

OK, now that that's settled, what's for lunch?
7/12/13 12:52 PM
wiggum
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CodeGeek - "Needless to say, this sport has never had a good fighter."

OK, now that that's settled, what's for lunch?

Chicken salad. Coming straight from my supply of chicken shit.
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i.imgur.com/p05BpkD.gif Phone Post
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see what u did there... Phone Post
GMan99
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good satire.

It is tough to be GOAT in a sport where a single loss once you have entered your prime can be used to invalidate all past successes.
7/12/13 12:53 PM
HowTastesChrisWeiner
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Needless to say, this sport has never had a good fighter. Everyone is overrated. And they all suck."

Lol wut? Phone Post
7/12/13 12:54 PM
wiggum

Oi. Somebody actually voted me down for this.
7/12/13 12:56 PM
wiggum

lol. Since posting that somebody voted me down, somebody else voted me down. If the whole post was obvious enough in it's sarcasm, I thought that last sentence would make my point clear
7/12/13 12:58 PM
GMan99
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I balanced your scales a bit!
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - lol. Since posting that somebody voted me down, somebody else voted me down. If the whole post was obvious enough in it's sarcasm, I thought that last sentence would make my point clear
People are just gonna read the thread title and vote you down. The UG is full of tards.

I thought it was funny, so I'll VTFU once I'm on my computer. Phone Post
doerksenfan
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU.

Everybody had a name in mind when they clicked this thread. Good stuff.
7/12/13 1:01 PM
wiggum

GMan99 - Good satire.

It is tough to be GOAT in a sport where a single loss once you have entered your prime can be used to invalidate all past successes.

This is my exact point.

If you thought that Anderson's career - with the moments of dominance, magic, and triumph - made him the GOAT before Weidman, you should still think that.

People cherry pick information all the time. The point here is that there is a case to be made against every fighter. There is also a case to be made for each fighter. BJ's talent and balls; Hendo's resume; Anderson's magic; Fedor's reign; GSP's dominance and competition; Jones' destruction; Royce's innovation.

We cherry pick and diminish the greats. They are all great.

It's perfectly acceptable to argue who is greater. That's part of being a sports fan. But it needs to be done in the context of recognizing they are all great.
7/12/13 1:01 PM
Fan of fanboys
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - Oi. Somebody actually voted me down for this.
I'll vote up. Most guys won't get what you're saying Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 1:03 PM
Handsome Jack
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/10 and VTFU. Sadly, there are many on this forum who actually believe this kinda shit. This is why we can't have nice things.
7/12/13 1:04 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

wiggum -
GMan99 - Good satire.

This is my exact point.

If you thought that Anderson's career - with the moments of dominance, magic, and triumph - made him the GOAT before Weidman, you should still think that.

People cherry pick information all the time. The point here is that there is a case to be made against every fighter. There is also a case to be made for each fighter. BJ's talent and balls; Hendo's resume; Anderson's magic; Fedor's reign; GSP's dominance and competition; Jones' destruction; Royce's innovation.

We cherry pick and diminish the greats. They are all great.

It's perfectly acceptable to argue who is greater. That's part of being a sports fan. But it needs to be done in the context of recognizing they are all great.
Slowclap.jpg

This guy gets it. Phone Post
GrayKickass

WarWand9 -

Thanks Phone Post
SilvaWho?OnlyBoTrulyKnows
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll vote you back up. They should have read what you wrote, imho.
7/12/13 1:05 PM
mestregruber
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad I read the entire post. I was pretty close to voting you down, lol.
Kostakio
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Handsome Jack - 10/10 and VTFU. Sadly, there are many on this forum who actually believe this kinda shit. This is why we can't have nice things.
. Phone Post 3.0
wiggum

Thanks.

My point about the vote ups wasn't to whine. I'm pretty happy with my reputation for sensible and occasionally knowledgeable posting. It was to make the point that others have made: this post is so obviously tongue-in-cheek that it's painful. People need to slow down and actually read stuff.
7/12/13 1:06 PM
RickStorm
1738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

I got it

I even lol'd a little bit

VTFU wiggum

7/12/13 1:08 PM
6ULDV8

Dayum.

Hope the day never comes when it's not obvious an OP like that's a parable, tell you what.

7/12/13 1:08 PM
AngryFoamy
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Insert gif of First I was like.....then I was like*

7/12/13 1:09 PM
British101

Troll Phone Post 3.0
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.