UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Training with chicks...your thoughts

7/12/13 2:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm working on an article for a German MMA site talking about pros and cons training with girls.

So...who's sparring, rolling or lurking with chicks?
Tell me your stories...tell me your experience.
Of course, girls can tell their side, too!

I will give credits to everyone helping...

You can write anything you think about it, experience, issues...anything.
At rollin'...fear of touching her goods?

And the girls...tell me if you have problems, training with guys...
And if yes...why?
Do they step back way too much?
Do they try to grapplerape?
Or are they too much trying to be alpha male?

Thank for the help UG! Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 2:54 PM
Emperor Nero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wouldnt want to grapple with a girl, beep , unless it was , you know.. 'wrestling' .. training with them and some no contact to appropriately light standup sure
7/12/13 2:56 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

I'm big (6'3", 200) there's no girls at my gym my size. I've rolled with them but I roll super soft so it's probably good for them but not a great workout for me. But training is about helping too. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:04 PM
The Loge
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rolling with cute girls is a blast! I just take their back and chill out with an over/under until I finish. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:13 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't like it
7/12/13 3:14 PM
TeXXX
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depending on the age bracket, I find that younger students are distracted by females, especially if they are cute and wear tight clothes. Gi training is less of an issue, as long as everyone is focused.

I've rolled with many a female, and don't are the problem with it. They have stronger legs on average, and once taught, can be very lethal. Phone Post
7/12/13 3:16 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanx for the answers...

Anyone had weird situations during training?

@madmaxej9...danke! ;)
Where are you from buddy? Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:17 PM
lildragonof
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've rolled with beginner girls and no work out for me at all, I did roll with a brown belt once and she had me realy working. I guess it all depends on what level they are and what level you are. Phone Post
7/12/13 3:30 PM
The Loge
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - Thanx for the answers...

Anyone had weird situations during training?

@madmaxej9...danke! ;)
Where are you from buddy? Phone Post 3.0
In all honesty one time I was in the middle of a bit of a dry spell and had to really, really concentrate to not get a boner while rolling with a relatively cute girl. It was embarrassing, although no one ever found out (insert tiny dick joke here).

Rolling with beginner chicks can kind of be frustrating but on the whole I enjoy teaching them and helping them out. Rolling with higher level girls is a lot of fun because they are almost always very technical! I had my hands full with a 3 stripe brown belt girl when I had had my blue belt for maybe a year, there was no taking it easy with her. For the most part I had to roll against her like I would a guy. A girl like that would demolish a guy who has never trained! Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:34 PM
armbarseverywhere
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Women have every right to learn how to defend themselves.

That being said, if a woman was training just to stay in shape and have fun, there's no reason to go aggressive on her. But, a woman preparing for , or even recovering from a combat situation deserves the same respect and treatment as a male combatant.
7/12/13 3:37 PM
js138
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont mind rolling with my wife but rolling with other girls can be awkward.

Mainly with scrambles. Ive cracked a girl hard once or twice in the head/face during class trying to regain position. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:41 PM
INDK
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The girls at my gym were all pretty new and no they weren't exactly good looking. So it's not like I had any weird experiences, just had to roll with no strength and go light. After awhile though, they were starting to get better. We had 4 girls but over the years they all just stopped. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:42 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

madmaxej9 - I'm from Vienna/Austria but live and train in Los Angeles :)

Sounds great! Will take a trip to Vienna this year... Phone Post 3.0
aka_rtotheoh

I dont like rolling with fat chicks. the sweat and smell weird and try too hard. cute ones i let mount me... i feel like i need to go soft on them... Phone Post
js138
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly I'm more interested in hearing experiences from women who train with guys. I bet there is all sorts of awkward stories. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:43 PM
Jiu Jitsu doesn't work

I've never trained ground game with a girl.
So...I don't know if I would focus too much on "not touching her goodies"...

I was just sparring with a young girl...and went pretty slow until I noticed that she will beat me... Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 3:59 PM
sekundarburnes

i rolled with a new girl who had huge boobs one time. she was squat and pretty thick and her breasts were just plain enormous, even with the sports bra on, and it meant i couldn't make any move that required touching her chest. she was also way stronger than she should have been so it made it a fun challenge. although i understand it's usually a lose-lose rolling with a woman, it's not a big deal and nobody should care.
7/12/13 4:02 PM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Done it many times. Seems weird, but I recognize that it's my hang up. It would be weirder to refuse to roll with them.
7/12/13 4:05 PM
deadlysyn

I've trained with girls a bunch and while I don't mind it at all I'll train with anyone but its not the same as training with a dude. 

In sparring because I'm a on the mid to large size for the 170lb weight class (I walk around at 190) I a bit big for 99% of girls (in reality most guys going MMA are 155 and smaller) so I can really only go at about about 30% power and 50% speed. If I go any harder or faster its just so uneven. The downside is that some women feel the need to go at 80% and sometimes more. I actually don't mind it because most attacks I can block or I don't feel them much, however leg kicks can suck I once sparred a girl that was a soccer star in her high school and she actually kicked way harder then more of the guys in the gym. But sparring with girls is a good rest round and allows me to try crazy stuff or try to mimic Anderson Silva....

Grappling on the other hand again I'm bigger and much stronger and I've actually toyed with girls that have won medals in Naga and Grappling competions and while I've been kinda grappling over a period of 5 years I never consider myself that much of a grappler because I spend 70% of the time training striking vs grappling. Basically I don't train grappling but once and a while. But knowing enough and with my size and strength and some wrestling techniques its easy to dominate a more experienced girl so you just need to go light, and let go of subs or allow them to work out of it. I can go with an experience male the same size as some of the female and tthe guys can actually hold their own really well being smaller then me. In the end its all training and you can work some of your own stuff by going light and just focus more on transitions more then subs with a female.

But I'm 100% behind women doing MMA and all for training with them.  

7/12/13 4:11 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

I normally don't do anything with womens unless I fornicate with them first. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you wanna, you know...
7/12/13 4:15 PM
MachineCode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - Rolling with cute girls is a blast! I just take their back and chill out with an over/under until I finish. Phone Post 3.0
Did you even read what you wrote? It sounded very wrong! Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 4:23 PM
The Loge

MachineCode -
The Loge - Rolling with cute girls is a blast! I just take their back and chill out with an over/under until I finish. Phone Post 3.0
Did you even read what you wrote? It sounded very wrong! Phone Post 3.0
Weird! It's almost as if I intended for it to sound that way! :) Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 4:25 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT

subwrassler - don't like it
I always laugh at the dorks who go out of their way to flirt and train with girls in the class. Most never talk to girls so in class they try way too hard. I go to train, not flirt with girls.. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 4:27 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you know how hard it is to ankle lock someone who shaves their legs and liberally applies lotion???

*raises fist in anger*

7/12/13 4:30 PM
RamK
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/12/13 4:31 PM
For a long time my main drilling partner was female. Maybe 2 years. There were a bunch of very strong guys too (BJJ & wrestlers) so I didn't lack for strong rolling partners, but when it came to drilling the two of us were usually paired up (and the first roll).

I am not a big guy (5'8 175 lbs) and she was maybe 5'6 130 lbs (maybe 120). Everything was very professional, so it wasn't awkward. When it came to rolling I would never try to overpower her as it didn't help my development. Instead I always tried to match speed with speed and technique with technique, developed a certain style that way.

To be honest a training partner like her is pretty rare. I never got anything out of training with girls since then.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.