UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Training with chicks...your thoughts

7/12/13 4:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RamK
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/12/13 4:31 PM
For a long time my main drilling partner was female. Maybe 2 years. There were a bunch of very strong guys too (BJJ & wrestlers) so I didn't lack for strong rolling partners, but when it came to drilling the two of us were usually paired up (and the first roll).

I am not a big guy (5'8 175 lbs) and she was maybe 5'6 130 lbs (maybe 120). Everything was very professional, so it wasn't awkward. When it came to rolling I would never try to overpower her as it didn't help my development. Instead I always tried to match speed with speed and technique with technique, developed a certain style that way.

To be honest a training partner like her is pretty rare. I never got anything out of training with girls since then.
7/12/13 4:31 PM
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jiu Jitsu doesn't work - I'm working on an article for a German MMA site talking about pros and cons training with girls.

So...who's sparring, rolling or lurking with chicks?
Tell me your stories...tell me your experience.
Of course, girls can tell their side, too!

I will give credits to everyone helping...

You can write anything you think about it, experience, issues...anything.
At rollin'...fear of touching her goods?

And the girls...tell me if you have problems, training with guys...
And if yes...why?
Do they step back way too much?
Do they try to grapplerape?
Or are they too much trying to be alpha male?

Thank for the help UG! Phone Post 3.0

I am 6'4 and 240lbs, but there is a girl on my team who can roll up most guys I know. She is a purple belt, made it to the podium for worlds at blue belt. She is one of the toughest competitors I know.
7/12/13 4:32 PM
Jack Skellington
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont roll with chicks, seriously
7/12/13 4:35 PM
UGCTT croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I trained with two girls at my gym. They mostly roll with each other, but sometimes will mix it up. I find me personally I always slow down a bit with them, but really that is the opposite of what I should be doing.

The way i see it, if a girl can hang with a guy, they should do well with female competition as well. I am self conscious about sweating all over them though, which again is just a stupid stereotype, as they are there to train just like the rest of us.
7/12/13 5:28 PM
Flexo
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I once rolled with a hottie, ended up kneeing her in the face, busted lip, pouring blood. I think she liked it. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 5:57 PM
Slobonmynog
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I roll with women. Its jiu jitsu, your going to end up in an awkward situation at some point - happens with men as well.

The problem I have is using strength and pressure - I dont like to grind a womans face with shoulder pressure (in fact I refuse to). I tend to play guard a lot when rolling with girls.

Hands have gone down tops etc... by mistake, but that's all part of it.

As long as you dont pop a boner when sparring (I've heard stories) its fine. Phone Post
7/12/13 6:22 PM
Powerful DJH
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have trained with some girls that have technique. (Olympic judoka). Even tho physically you can dominate there was something to learn. I push don't like it unless there hot in which I roll a little more aggressive so I can manhandle them a bit. I'm sick I know... if your going to a class there's gonna be girls there most likely a d they are paying customers like rest of us. I just they to give them some work. Phone Post
7/12/13 6:23 PM
subwrassler
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - I normally don't do anything with womens unless I fornicate with them first. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you wanna, you know...

lol

vtfu
7/12/13 6:25 PM
BadrMilk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mertvaya Ruka - I normally don't do anything with womens unless I fornicate with them first. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you wanna, you know...

Classic!
Phisher

VU

mdrndaysamurai
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife is a purple, im a brown. There were problems in the beginning but as she climbed the ranks a lot of those problems went away. Phone Post
7/12/13 6:27 PM
Emperor Nero

u can get cooties bro
7/12/13 6:27 PM
BadrMilk

Alistair has no problems training with girls,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-paRIf5hWys

And second one, start at 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ckPf3rk8Clc
7/12/13 6:29 PM
Emperor Nero

its a bit different, he demonstrated a position to her was the only grappling, not something freeform , except for the light contact sparring,
7/12/13 6:31 PM
MattyJ
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always seem to get caught in triangles for some reason Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 6:33 PM
Kazp306

deadlysyn -

I've trained with girls a bunch and while I don't mind it at all I'll train with anyone but its not the same as training with a dude. 

In sparring because I'm a on the mid to large size for the 170lb weight class (I walk around at 190) I a bit big for 99% of girls (in reality most guys going MMA are 155 and smaller) so I can really only go at about about 30% power and 50% speed. If I go any harder or faster its just so uneven. The downside is that some women feel the need to go at 80% and sometimes more. I actually don't mind it because most attacks I can block or I don't feel them much, however leg kicks can suck I once sparred a girl that was a soccer star in her high school and she actually kicked way harder then more of the guys in the gym. But sparring with girls is a good rest round and allows me to try crazy stuff or try to mimic Anderson Silva....

Grappling on the other hand again I'm bigger and much stronger and I've actually toyed with girls that have won medals in Naga and Grappling competions and while I've been kinda grappling over a period of 5 years I never consider myself that much of a grappler because I spend 70% of the time training striking vs grappling. Basically I don't train grappling but once and a while. But knowing enough and with my size and strength and some wrestling techniques its easy to dominate a more experienced girl so you just need to go light, and let go of subs or allow them to work out of it. I can go with an experience male the same size as some of the female and tthe guys can actually hold their own really well being smaller then me. In the end its all training and you can work some of your own stuff by going light and just focus more on transitions more then subs with a female.

But I'm 100% behind women doing MMA and all for training with them.  

Ugh full of himself this one is, heeheeheeheehee Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 6:38 PM
UGCTT croy_00

mdrndaysamurai -  My wife is a purple, im a brown. There were problems in the beginning but as she climbed the ranks a lot of those problems went away. Phone Post

Um.....if your wife is purple I would suggest you loosen the grip....
7/12/13 6:44 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a chick 5'4" 105 lbs. One of my gyms I was the only girl. I found that the higher belts were awesome and let me work. The white and blues went all alpha bc there was no way they were getting submitted by a chick. Got black eye, Busted ribs, bloody nose.

My new school there's a few chicks who are a lot bigger than me. And honestly I prefer to roll with guys for some reason.

The was one instance where I was super attracted to the guy and it sucked. I wanted to rape rape him. He smelled phenomenal!! One time in no gi he just all of the sudden stopped and quit. Turns out he got a little too excited. Could have been uncomfortable but we just laughed about it. :) Phone Post
7/12/13 6:45 PM
The Loge
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krs10KO.com - I'm a chick 5'4" 105 lbs. One of my gyms I was the only girl. I found that the higher belts were awesome and let me work. The white and blues went all alpha bc there was no way they were getting submitted by a chick. Got black eye, Busted ribs, bloody nose.

My new school there's a few chicks who are a lot bigger than me. And honestly I prefer to roll with guys for some reason.

The was one instance where I was super attracted to the guy and it sucked. I wanted to rape rape him. He smelled phenomenal!! One time in no gi he just all of the sudden stopped and quit. Turns out he got a little too excited. Could have been uncomfortable but we just laughed about it. :) Phone Post
Pics of yourself for research purposes please! Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 6:49 PM
mestregruber
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I appreciate girls that train and I always want to encourage them. That said, it is very difficult as a guy to know how I should roll with chicks. I feel like if I go too light I am robbing them of a chance to train hard (and by extension could be putting them in danger due to a false sense of confidence, similar to a McDojo black belt), but I have also heard lots of girls complain about guys rolling hard and using strength. I'd almost rather avoid it except with girls that I know will roll hard and not get their feelings hurt. I'm a black belt and I've been training for almost 14 years, for the record.
7/12/13 7:04 PM
The Loge
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The other thing to consider when discussing girls that trane is that the normal 1-10 rating scale for looks is altered slightly when a chick throws on a gi and starts rolling simply because there aren't a lot of chicks in most BJJ classes. A girl who would normally be around a 5 out on the streets or at the club becomes a jiu jitsu 7 when they step on the mats. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 7:13 PM
mestregruber
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maria Tatame
7/12/13 7:28 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

higherprimate718 -
The Loge - 
Krs10KO.com - I'm a chick 5'4" 105 lbs. One of my gyms I was the only girl. I found that the higher belts were awesome and let me work. The white and blues went all alpha bc there was no way they were getting submitted by a chick. Got black eye, Busted ribs, bloody nose.

RESEARCH! SCIENCE!
Oh sure. BRB... Phone Post
7/12/13 7:58 PM
Drew_Akira
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From my experience women are better represented in Muay Thai classes than jits. They tend to prefer pairing up with other girls but I enjoy holding pads for them. I think it's natural to not go as hard esp if they are having trouble holding pads. Once I got called out for going soft on a push kick we were drilling and I ended up pushing her into the wall and her ass busted through the drywall. I felt bad. She was really pretty and was a good sport about it.

Jits I think it's good in a lot of ways. They smell much better. They don't spaz like some newer guys do. Good for warming up so you have more energy later. Got to be careful though, most don't wear groin protection and I am worried sometimes about mashing their breasts or pulling hair. Long hair in general kinda sucks but I'd rather eat female hair than dudes. Phone Post 3.0
7/12/13 8:50 PM
TeXXX
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krs10KO.com -
higherprimate718 -
The Loge - 

RESEARCH! SCIENCE!
Oh sure. BRB... Phone Post
So... Bout that research... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.